What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trade wars here we come

St. Phatty

No it didn't. It shrank.

When the summation of economic activity (GNP or GDP) grows 4%, and prices rise 10%+ (e.g. 2x4's are up 50%+ this year, same for 4x8 sheets of plywood - $15 last year, $29 this month and rising) ... and then there's this Cancerous Tumor named American health care ==> the US economy is shrinking.

Shrank under Obama, it's shrinking under Trump.

U

useless.gardens

i hate to post in the political section when i love making flowers with all my heart.

nevertheless:

im warming the samovar for tea, left a copy of (my favorite author) fyodor dostoevsky's "the idiot" on the table next to the newspaper, and will have svetlana make us some borscht for lunch.

for clarity, obama was the most prolific job creator in american history. trump gets a few pinocchios for saying he's created tons of jobs. sure trumpinski added 1.7 milly jobs or so but that trend started under obama (who created 23+ million jobs from the depth of the 2008 recession). shit obama's last year in office, the economy created 2.2 million jobs.

dear trumpers, your prezo is treasonous & im willing to pay you in rubles to get your facts straight.

im still trying to figure out how to convert my us dollars to rubles in order to make a few seed purchases.

& lets not forget that obama's economy did surge above 4% in two quarters in 2014.

im still voting dem nationally and repub locally... nothing changing there... but im upset with all these people twisting reality in all directions to make a point.

the trade war cant be working as planned when there already billions in welfare on the table for farmers. its not sound judgement to reduce market share for farmers via tariffs. if you have a foothold in a country selling soybeans, for example, why take away that advantage from an american businessman (farmer)? now you allow other nations to step in and take market share. how is that a good idea?

and what's the plan in case this bailout for farmers and american businesses doesn't work?

trumpers cant claim everything is groovy when not one of them is forward thinking.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...d-18-months-into-his-presidency/#db460ff1283e

Last edited:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Trade Wars

Trade Wars

TRUMP%2BTRADE%2BWARS%2B%25283%2529.png

RMS

:smoweed:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Facts are tough to swallow sometimes but the facts are the facts.

R

Rubber Chicken

Trump is a coward.... but worse than a coward....

He is the type of coward that, if he goes down he will do his best to drag everyone else down with him, including his country.

I feel sorry for the people that can't see that.... and very worried for the type of stunts he will try to pull, when he realizes for sure that his ship is sinking.

He desperately wants to be seen as a hero, and he will twist and turn things in any way to try to portray himself as such.... but when he realizes he can no longer twist and turn, he is a dangerous man.

He is so egotistical, i believe he would literally do anything to save face.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump is a coward.... but worse than a coward....

He is the type of coward that, if he goes down he will do his best to drag everyone else down with him, including his country.

I feel sorry for the people that can't see that.... and very worried for the type of stunts he will try to pull, when he realizes for sure that his ship is sinking.

He desperately wants to be seen as a hero, and he will twist and turn things in any way to try to portray himself as such.... but when he realizes he can no longer twist and turn, he is a dangerous man.

He is so egotistical, i believe he would literally do anything to save face.

When I read these types of posts I just substitute Obama or the poster for Trump, and it makes more sense to me. Maybe I am just a fool though eh? :dance013:

Not sure on the trade war and doubt any here on this thread should be in charge of deciding on that. But we are not in charge of anything and just typing into the ether really.

4.1% is real but what that means for the future economy is anyone's guess. It is a nice start to me anyways. The tariffs in place were unfair, not sure how you get around that.

R

Rubber Chicken

When I read these types of posts I just substitute Obama or the poster for Trump, and it makes more sense to me. Maybe I am just a fool though eh? :dance013:

Not sure on the trade war and doubt any here on this thread should be in charge of deciding on that. But we are not in charge of anything and just typing into the ether really.

4.1% is real but what that means for the future economy is anyone's guess. It is a nice start to me anyways. The tariffs in place were unfair, not sure how you get around that.

I would't call you a fool, but a poor judge of character yes.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump is a billionaire and leaves that life somewhat to go thru all kinds of grief to get into office and then guys like yourself tee off on him no matter what he does. How is that cowardice or bad character?

If he is dragging the nation down with him I have not seen anything like that so far. The divide between races or different groups within the country was made worse by Obama imo. It is just now the one side lost and is a sore loser about it.

He is full of himself and a lot of his motivation is ego but he is trying to help the country. I think Obama was trying to help as well to be fair. Obama is pretty full of himself without being too obvious about it like Trump.

R

Rubber Chicken

Trump is a billionaire and leaves that life somewhat to go thru all kinds of grief to get into office and then guys like yourself tee off on him no matter what he does. How is that cowardice or bad character?

If he is dragging the nation down with him I have not seen anything like that so far. The divide between races or different groups within the country was made worse by Obama imo. It is just now the one side lost and is a sore loser about it.

He is full of himself and a lot of his motivation is ego but he is trying to help the country. I think Obama was trying to help as well to be fair. Obama is pretty full of himself without being too obvious about it like Trump.

It's not about policies and which side of government you lean to, if any.... it's about what motivates him and what makes him tick.

He is a career conman who LITERALLY can't speak a sentence without lying.

To those unfamiliar with his type, he comes across as sincere and meaning well, or even strong, but it is just deceit.

Maybe he has dragged America down already or maybe not, depends on who you are, but he is not the type of 'leader' you want in times of crisis....

I think he is reasonably intelligent, but no where near as intelligent as he thinks he is.... he believes he is one of the greatest minds ever, that is dangerous.

Do i think every bone in his body is evil.... NO :biglaugh:

Do i think he is greatly incompetent and unstable.... YES. :frown:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's not about policies and which side of government you lean to, if any.... it's about what motivates him and what makes him tick.

He is a career conman who LITERALLY can't speak a sentence without lying.

To those unfamiliar with his type, he comes across as sincere and meaning well, or even strong, but it is just deceit.

Maybe he has dragged America down already or maybe not, depends on who you are, but he is not the type of 'leader' you want in times of crisis....

I think he is reasonably intelligent, but no where near as intelligent as he thinks he is.... he believes he is one of the greatest minds ever, that is dangerous.

Do i think every bone in his body is evil.... NO :biglaugh:

Do i think he is greatly incompetent and unstable.... YES. :frown:

BINGO!:tiphat:

vta

Veteran
TRADE WARS 2.0

El TRUMPO...Numero Uno

There isn't going to be any major trade wars....Trump is playing them. We own it all ! Fuck unfair tariffs. Free trade Mother Fuckers !

Oh....in other news....

Oh shit ! Another pick

:jawdrop:

RBG...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

“I have about at least 5 more years” on the Supreme Court

“My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so think I have about at least five more years,” 85-year-old Ginsburg said at an event in New York City.

The liberal Ginsburg, who was appointed to the court by former President Clinton in 1993, on Sunday said she missed her back-and-forth with Justice Antonin Scalia, who passed away in 2016.

“If I had my choice of dissenters when I was writing for the court, it would be Justice Scalia,” Ginsburg said. “Sometimes it was like a ping-pong game.”

GOD bless her! A true heartfelt American. So now with the good ol USA's surging economy, low unemployment and high job growth rate, increasing wages...and even more tax cuts on the horizon....another Supreme Court pic :headbange

vta

Veteran
Oh...and do your part in the Mid-Term Elections !

Demand Voter ID and Paper Ballots !

Let's not let the Ruskies hack our shit !

:biggrin:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't understand why trump supporters all of a sudden think Russia should be stopped? They are working their asses off for trump! Show some respect! I'm sure after the midterms, even republicans will be willing to boot Putin out of our politics.

Gry

According to what Mr Putin said, they already did work to get this president elected.
It was so that they (as in the government of Russia) would benefit from 'improved' relations.

This administration just had it's first meeting on election integrity.
It lasted thirty minutes.
They did however vote to discontinue funding which was to be used to improve protections of electronic voting systems.

Free trade... it's free if you forget about the cost of the DoD.

The very concept of 'voter id' defines the state of racism within the 'current version' of the republican party as bought, paid for, and primaried by the koch bros. Lee Atwater would have been proud of such an idea, it is straight out of his play book.

Brother Nature

I love how the Trump supporters love to deflect and attack anyone in the democratic party, like it's some kind of defense for Trumps arrogance and shortsightedness.

I don't know how convinced I am of Russian collusion, but I do believe Putin is significantly smarter than Trump and many in the US government and completely sees an opportunity here. Trump may know The Art of the Deal, but Putin knows the Art of War and there's a big difference there. They say freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose and who has more to lose here, the US or Russia? (Or even the rest of the world for that matter.)

But, hey perception is all that seems to matter here, so how will that perception change once were in another war. Will it even? What twists of logic will we have to support that? Just when things seem to start calming down, someone manages to shoot themselves in the foot. It's an interesting time we live in.

U

Ununionized

Yeah note how swiftly ALL politicians are just FLOCKING to the INTRINSICALLY VULNERABLE ''ELECTRONIC VOTING'' scam.

How many times has that shit been hacked ALREADY.

Latest posts

Latest posts