What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Living organic soil from start through recycling CONTINUED...

L

Luther Burbank

Coba, dolomitic lime has its uses. The ROLS clique defined themselves way too much by their opposition to a perfectly fine rock dust. No dolomitic lime does not supply a perfect albrecht ratio of Ca:Mg but is a helpful part of a balanced mineralization.

There is nothing wrong with Epsom salt either. It's just Magnesium Sulphate. It's no more offensive than Gypsum or any other mineral. Really, this thread isn't some place to be defended from the unbelievers. When that became the mindset is when rols went south. Certain people can claim it's the message and not about them, but they made it about *their message* to the exclusion of others.

"If you meet the buddha in the road, kill him".

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
a respected organic (recycled soil no til) grower whom I know didn't like the vibe in the ROLS thread recently read teaming with microbes and said after reading some of it "I know why those guys were the way they were."

I don't see the need to be bothered by it, as the results are all the justification i require.

L

Luther Burbank

Seriously. Coot might know some things but he's not infallible and he never offered a convincing argument against dolomitic lime. I remember him recommending it a page after he'd rage about not using it.

My Ca blend is: dolomitic lime, oyster shell powder, crab meal, bone meal, and gypsum. Stop thinking of dolomite as anything but a rock dust. It's not perfect alone, but it has its place.

Those guys all left and made their own forum where their views could go unquestioned. There's zero reason ic needs to also adhere to their dogma. Kill the buddha, Coba. Tear away the ideology like the veil it is and look at the reality. Dolomite and Epsom are just simple chemical compounds: CaMg(CO3) and MgSO4.

L

Luther Burbank

Coba. I don't need to google dolomite. No one sold me anything on a silver platter. You're arguing from empassioned ideology. I love you to death bro, take a step back. Kill all ideologies, they're just glasses of various tints that don't represent the real world.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coba - for what it's worth - don't be mad at the mods...

I reported your post for linking to an outside forum - asking, "is that now allowed" ...

Those guys aren't here for a reason - and it has far more to do with their lying and scheming than it does their lousy attitudes.

I personally, don't consider them to be trustworthy or safe to associate with - which would be why I raised concern about linking to their site - regardless of the information. One phone conversation and it was painfully obvious they were a few too many sheets to the wind.

If they cared about anything other than their own agenda and self-promotion, they'd still be here sharing on this site. But instead decided to use this site as nothing more than an advertising machine and a headhunting tool to seek donations to fund their own celebrity...and then decided to offer their seeds on a site that ripped everyone off simply to spite the site that fueled their rise. They show poor judgement time and time again...and have absolutely no community spirit or loyalty.

I have no issue with anyone that feels a need to use that site - but there is ZERO reason to merge the two via cross links and references.

I don't have any issue with you - and I'm sure the mods don't either. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

dank.Frank

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Just wow....

have a J and chill bro.... My no-till.... with a 3 part liming mix of dolomite lime, oyster shell powder, and crab shell powder... no epsom though LOL although to go with just one item, it should be calcitic lime...

2014_06_27_2_456a50d5d35acbc4ed86_1.jpg

2014_06_27_2_456a50d5d35acbc4ed86_2.jpg

A lot of those folk are gone for a reason... shitty condescending attitudes.... outright idea theft, and holier than thou bullshit... the good ones went on to sites about gardening logically.... and dropped "cannabis" forums altogether.

If you're lookin for the "good old days" you might think back on exactly what was so good about em... You should be using what is local to you... not shipping in from afar the exact same things as the rest of the cult uses...

My shitty nugs grown with tha dolomite in the mix.

glue_26f2966a56de2ee8d592_1.jpg

Coba

Veteran
Coba - for what it's worth - don't be mad at the mods...

I reported your post for linking to an outside forum - asking, "is that now allowed" ...

Those guys aren't here for a reason - and it has far more to do with their lying and scheming than it does their lousy attitudes.

I personally, don't consider them to be trustworthy or safe to associate with - which would be why I raised concern about linking to their site - regardless of the information. One phone conversation and it was painfully obvious they were a few too many sheets to the wind.

If they cared about anything other than their own agenda and self-promotion, they'd still be here sharing on this site. But instead decided to use this site as nothing more than an advertising machine and a headhunting tool to seek donations to fund their own celebrity...and then decided to offer their seeds on a site that ripped everyone off simply to spite the site that fueled their rise. They show poor judgement time and time again...and have zero community spirit.

I have no issue with anyone that feels a need to use that site - but there is ZERO reason to merge the two via cross links and references.

I don't have any issue with you - and I'm sure the mods don't either. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

dank.Frank
when I read your posts ... they always feel like a big hug ... every time ...
and I mean that. man.

Last edited:

Coba

Veteran
the vibe was do it. or STFU! wussys need not apply

Just wow....

have a J and chill bro.... My no-till.... with a 3 part liming mix of dolomite lime, oyster shell powder, and crab shell powder... no epsom though LOL although to go with just one item, it should be calcitic lime...

View Image
View Image

A lot of those folk are gone for a reason... shitty condescending attitudes.... outright idea theft, and holier than thou bullshit... the good ones went on to sites about gardening logically.... and dropped "cannabis" forums altogether.

If you're lookin for the "good old days" you might think back on exactly what was so good about em... You should be using what is local to you... not shipping in from afar the exact same things as the rest of the cult uses...

My shitty nugs grown with tha dolomite in the mix.

View Image
ditto

L

Luther Burbank

I don't see why members of that forum keep trying to sneak links to their forum and seed company in posts, signatures, avatars, and visitor messages. If you're happy in Zion quit coming to Babylon to make a fuss. One love coba, I'm not trying to tell you to go away.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Coba - I'm glad you didn't take it personally. I just didn't want you being all pissed at ICm or the mods themselves for a judgement call that I made - so I figured I'd at least explain my reasoning behind my decision...and at least let you know the mods aren't policing the thread in an unfair way - merely responding to a red flag I sent them.

dank.Frank

L

Luther Burbank

God I hate black soldier fly larvae. I can bury my arm up to the shoulder in cow manure, I could lay in meal worms for a day, but bsf larvae make my skin crawl.