What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sat Trim machine

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wander Trimmer

Wander Trimmer

Used the "Wander Trimmer" on my cup colosseum plants yesterday, pretty nifty lil unit, def does the job with less wear and tear on the plants & trics probably even than hand trimming handling.

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^ tool box it all comes in, wand not shown, but motor shaft and rheostat are shown in this pic.

picture.php

^^^ dirty blade... i like the double helix style...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more Wander Trimmer

more Wander Trimmer

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ the shop vac bucket topper & bucket are the only things NOT included when you buy it.... 35$ at home d'pot (if it were MY unit, id use a food grade bucket), rheostat controls power of your vac, when trimming smaller buds that could get sucked entirely into the wand lower vac power so they DONT get sucked in, when trimmin big chunky nugs push vac power up (we never went past half power the entire time, worked fine)
with the vac, you really dont drop any trim at all on the floor, it all goes into the bucket for safe keeping....

the tool box has a nifty cleaning area in the top tray:
picture.php

basically a few sponges soaked in h2o (and just a drop or 2 of grapeseed oil to lubricate the blade) easy on the fly cleaning, unit doesnt need to be taken apart to be cleaned.... i was told by a person who uses one working for a dispensary he uses it all day without anything but "on the fly" cleaning, which just involves dabbing the wand on the songe... also there is a small hole at the topof the wand, and a drop or 2 of h2o in that hole also cleans the blade rather well on the fly (lil h20 dropper bottles included too, nifty).
picture.php

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^ in action....
me and a few of my pals all used the thing, all liked it, one of us said it was "alot of vibration" on his hands and wrist.... the guy who let us use it says he puts BMX or mtn bike handle grips on it when he works hardcore at it.

TLoft13

Thanks again Avinash, interesting machine!
I guess you will still rather use the satellite, considering the size of your operation?
Do you think the WanderTrimmer is silent enough to be used in an apartment situation?(Neighbours)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TLoft, yes, silent enough for an apt.... all you hear is the shop vac really, so it just sounds like ur vacuuming.

I still like the satellite for pure BULK of harvests.... also they made the "drone" exactly like the satellite but 60% barrel capacity and half the price abuot. (5k)

for a harvest taht isnt HUGE, but u still dont like handtrimming....
in reality, i dont mind hand trimming on small-ish harvests, tho, just m2c

TLoft13

Are you living on ICMAG or something? Think your average time to answer my questions is about five seconds...! :) Thanks again, and hope you don't mind another one.
How much time do you consider can be saved by a trimmer using the Wander?
Website said 8X IIRC, guess that's far too high an estimate, as usual?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you living on ICMAG or something? Think your average time to answer my questions is about five seconds...! :) Thanks again, and hope you don't mind another one.
How much time do you consider can be saved by a trimmer using the Wander?
Website said 8X IIRC, guess that's far too high an estimate, as usual?

ya i kinda do live online right now, & ic is my fav site.
but spring coming ill be out in the woods alot more

as for time saved w wander VS hand trimming.... depends because everyone trims at different rates....
8x doesnt sound like TOO much of an exageration.... i'd say it could easily be 8 - 10x faster than a lazy slow trimmer..... maybe 3x better than ur fastest hand trimmer....
just and estimation

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nope
i mean, you can, not gonna do what u want. wet trim only both these machines (all their machines) mostly all automated trimmers do it wet... (bonsai heros, trimpros, lucky7 twister)

Madjag

Veteran
Wish You'd Come Back to the Lab

Wish You'd Come Back to the Lab

ya i kinda do live online right now, & ic is my fav site.
but spring coming ill be out in the woods alot more

as for time saved w wander VS hand trimming.... depends because everyone trims at different rates....
8x doesnt sound like TOO much of an exageration.... i'd say it could easily be 8 - 10x faster than a lazy slow trimmer..... maybe 3x better than ur fastest hand trimmer....
just and estimation

Just that.....if you're livin' online in the Virtual World.

When you said you didn't like the trim reaper earlier in this thread, I was wondering what your reasons where? I'm looking into buying one but can justify spending much more $1200. My grow is fairly small but I have health issues that make it impossible to trim by hand. Do you have any suggestions?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ime trim reaper is much harder on your buds. and doesnt trim very precisely at all, leaving buds half trimmed often.

the sattrim machine is really only feasible for bigger ops.... humboltd harvester is being used in several larer ops in denver area as well....

sugesstions:
there are those hand driven salad spinner type trimmers.... big silver bowls looking tihng... if your health issues allow you to use the hand driven trimmer i would say purchase it because of cost comparison to the reaper but basically does the same thing.

hope that helps oscar!

mojoman

I bought one of those hand crank trimmers...worked ok, 'til I found the power port...added a power supply and this thing rocks...only prob is I have 33 plants due in late Oct...last year was 6...

Alcan

One thing I, as well as many would love to know is ........how many lbs of bud do you anticipate to trim per machine on an annual basis?. Have you done any cost/benefit analysis to show where you need to be at to make the whole thing viable .

In any case , the trimmed bud pic looks really well manicured .....Good job !

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, like i've said before, many times, this machine is only worth it to operations cropping out big time, and paying big to trimmers.
I did all that cost analysis shit back when the first couple were purchased, you can do the same for your own op.

Snype

Veteran
I'm sure the quality is superior, but 8-12k? Damn.. A trimpro rotor is $1600 and does the same thing and does a fine job. Does the fan/vortex action make that large a difference? The trim sorter sure sounds awesome.

For that kind of dough I'd be getting a twister machine and not have any fingers smearing my trichs. Have you ran and compared this against the twister @ 14k?

I wanna be that guy ;) I buck a bit into a bucket.. walk over to the machine and do a few runs.. back to the bucking table :(

Do you lube your grate/fingers with anything to keep it from getting sticky quick? If not.. how many "batches" do you do before the machine gets iso'd.

..now I gotta go figure out how to mod my rotor into a popcorn tumbling/ trim sorter. How big is the fan..or is it merely the bades creating the air vortex? Doesnt seem like it'd be too difficult to add some popcorn power to my rotor.

Yeah I'm looking for a trimmer to buy and I want to see how this compares to the twister also. Anyone?

Latest posts

Latest posts