What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco stadium

Grizz

Veteran
Nice pull Scrogger!

I like the flip flop idea over the one bigger room, easier to keep up with the trimmin'.

How long did you veg from rooted clone for? Veg in the vert stadium or under horizontal?
I'm just about to flip my first stadium, pics in my sig. I have no idea how long to veg in this set up!

that depends entirly on what strains your running, a slow growing kush needs a little more veg as a hybrid or sativa will streatch its ass off so hardly any veg is needed, i always vegged my hybrids about 2 to 3 weeks then transplanted into 1 gl pots and put them in the perpetual rotaion. the scmk or bubba needs at least 1 month .

250wscrogger

thanks for checking out my thread :biggrin:

I veg under 1k MH horizontal in my veg room... rooted clones in rock wool cubes straight into 1 gallon pots until being transplanted into 3 gallon pots before flowering...5 week veg from rooted clone (flipped at 28-32'')
I keep the rooms 2-3 weeks apart to save veg space and keep a perpetual harvest

250wscrogger

room 1 is two weeks into flowering now and room 2 will be fired up again in about a week when the veg plants are big enough and my new equipment comes in.
I'll be wiring in two more 20 amp 240v circuits with intermatic t-104 timers for lights. I'll just be running the lights at night now because the ambient intake temps are always lower at night.
Upgrading the veg exhaust to 10'' max and upgrading the exhaust in one room to a 12'' max because I needed a new scrubber anyway.
Veg exhaust will dump into the flowering lung hallway as an active intake.
Now the flowering rooms will have 1000 cfm in, 2700 cfm out... more than enough airflow for 5200w. Rooms will never exceed 80f with this much airflow as long as the basement stays at 77F or lower (always does at night)
I should just be running a mini split but I'm too lazy and cheap.
I'm not even worried about the install or the 2k+ price tag for A/C including tools...it's more about the unknown monthly increase in power consumption...I really don't want my bill increasing unless it's from adding more lights (which will actually add yield)

If I was running 10kw that would be a different story.... at that point you can justify another 4kw or so for cooling because you have 15-20# at stake....

250wscrogger

Got some new moms rooted and vegging!!!!

GSC and Pitbull OG!!

People say the GSC doesn't yield well but I need to see for myself...I think I could still hit at least 1.5# per 1kw.

:jump:

Adding 2kw more very soon... 50% more light in the same space should increase yields....I want my buds to resemble a human thigh...

Even with 3kw per room it only goes 4-5F above ambient....massive air exchange is all I need for cooling year round.

Every spot has different options or limitations but there is a solution for any situation with proper knowledge and planning....
If I was trying to set up in the city or anywhere within close proximity to neighbors it might be difficult (or impossible) to exhaust discreetly and I would most likely need to run a sealed horizontal setup.
All 6kw in one room with blockbuster non-air cooled hoods, 2 ton mini split, dehumidifier, C02, recirculating 12'' max/12''x39'' phresh/muffler hung on the ceiling .... this setup would be stealth, simple and effective but the 2 ton A/C reduces GPW efficiency....(2 ton a/c pulls 2kw and would run constantly during lights on) If I pulled 12# (2#per bulb) off that setup I would only call that 1.5# per 1kw instead of 2# per 1kw because the a/c also counts as 2kw....I would expect a room like that to pull 12-14# (at least 2# per bulb) every cycle to make it worth the extra 2k power consumption and C02...In my opinion it would be easier to hit the same yields (perhaps even better) under 8k with no C02.

D

DHF

I like the way you think 2 fitty.......The costs versus the rewards HAS to be factored in , and yas can use all the bells and whistles for ultimate environmental control , or.....

Yas can use major air exchange along with the a/c`s and dehueys on standby for extreme deep summer insurance if needed.....

50 watts per sq ft is sufficient for AAA top shelf nuggage....any more and it gets into fighting the environment yas`re trying to create with 70% RH till end of stretch , and as low below 50% till end of cycle....

Onward and upward my buddy.....Sky`s the limit with dialed bitches , watts per sq ft , and environment.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

250wscrogger

I run a dehumidifier to keep everything at 50%... I should be keeping the RH at 60-70% in veg/stretch but putting the DH outside the rooms and keeping the whole basement at 50% has been working well. It also helps with the drying process.
I need to upgrade my DH to a santa fe max dry 3.5L/KWH vs 1.8L/KWH (current 65 pint LG)
I like to keep power usage and overhead cost to a minimum because the more I spend, the less I seem to have.........:chin:

I'm now using hygrozyme and will be re using coco 4 times before discarding....I can only get it here through ordering online... which is $50 a bag after shipping...shit adds up fast but the performance is worth the cost.

I wish I could just go to the store and buy it for $25 a bag but I'm out in the fuckin boonies............

I wonder I'll be able to hit 5+ per month with 6k.....that would be nice.

250wscrogger

After this next round I'll probably be switching from 3 gallon pots hand watered every other day to 2 gallon pots DTW fed 2x daily during lights on.

Multiple timed feeds and smaller pots seem like the way to go with coco....I'm assuming because this way the performance is more like hydro?

I need to get that drip set up because hand watering crowded ass 8'x8' rooms is a hassle....
I like hand watering in veg (horizontal) but the stadiums are too crowded after stretch......

Bonzo

Veteran
After this next round I'll probably be switching from 3 gallon pots hand watered every other day to 2 gallon pots DTW fed 2x daily during lights on.

Multiple timed feeds and smaller pots seem like the way to go with coco....I'm assuming because this way the performance is more like hydro?

I need to get that drip set up because hand watering crowded ass 8'x8' rooms is a hassle....
I like hand watering in veg (horizontal) but the stadiums are too crowded after stretch......

indeed 250...im tryin smaller pots multi feed DTW and they like it! 70/30 coco/medium chunk perlite...i hear ya on hand watering a stadium...lookin forward to see how you set up your feed...:)

250wscrogger

That room was 4lbs 6oz of premium buds not including about 6oz of popcorn. (2kw)
I'll post some pics of the next round.... I now have both rooms running at night with upgraded ventilation so I can run 1k veg, 6k flower year round with no A/C. Just lights, fans and dehumidifier. Rooms are also 1 week apart so I can clone/veg all the plants at the same time and give the smaller 24 out of 48 plants another week to veg...this way I don't flower anything too small or too big.
I should be able to hit 10-13# with 6k (48 plants)

Hey 250, great pull last time. I wonder if you could get a picture of your stadium that shows how your benches are, how many levels, etc. I'd sure like to see one of them either empty or just starting so I can copy your excellent technique. Thanks.

stagehand

Latest posts

Latest posts