What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OPINIONS WANTED...new to Vert, building 3 x 3 room.

antheis

Veteran
its people under the stairs. they are on seedbay.
i've never ran their gear, but it looks great. and you know, you're growing under the stairs. :dance013:

311devon

The time is nigh, flip must occur!

The time is nigh, flip must occur!

Its finally here, flippin time. :jump: After 26 days of boring ass veggin, tonight these girls begin the change. They received their final preflower pruning and deFOILiation :yoinks: night before last. Today we are gonna give em a good watering with lots of run off(since i've been lacking a bit there, got my Drip Clean coming soon) and then into the land of 12/12. Here's some shots before and after the recent pruning. They are just waking up here :coffee: , pardon their lack of enthusiasm...

SC #3 and AGK Before
picture.php

SC #3 and AGK after
picture.php

SC #1 & SC #2 before
picture.php

SC #1 & SC #2 after

picture.php

I'm thinking the SC coulda been flipped a week ago and the AGK could use another week so i split the difference....Lemme know what yall think so far.....

311devon

Week 3 Update

Week 3 Update

After loosing two long detailed posts....grrrrrrrrrr.....heres the friggin pics!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

311devon

i'll post some info bout whats going on tomorrow.rught now im twistin one up before i throw this laptop through a wall..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

311devon

Alas, all is well on the middle coast once again, the laptop survived the night, a few g's of thai nugs did not. :smoker:

Some minor changes to the original plan have been made. Drip Clean and Shooting Powder will be incorporated. Reflectix has been hung around the room from 48" to the floor. The rest of the room will be covered next weekend.

Drip Clean will be added with tonights feeding. This will be the 2nd week 3 feeding with Kool Bloom at 1.5g/ 1.5gal added to the standard KISS formula. It's back to Maxibloom only until we add Shooting Powder at 6 weeks unitl the end of week 8. Then I'm gonna find out how good Drip Clean is and flush for only a week.

As we can all see, these bitches didnt stretch near as much as I expected them to. I'm thinkin maybe 8-12oz's for this run now. Anybody else have a take on that?

Also after seeing the AGK in here, its officially relegated to the micro sog. Its too damn couchlock anyway. Next run, in come the big stretchers, Wild Thai and Super Lemon Haze or maybe monocrop one or the other.

Lemme know what yall think......

All looks great man! Just let things run their coast, the weight will pick up, or will else fails you will still have some FINE MEDS!

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aaaaahh....The learning curve is a bitch when ur growing thru it. But it will make you a better grower for sure. I bet you have all sorts of ideas for the next run. FYI....Vert + Scrog + stretchy plants = :jump:

Looks great in here. Those girls are about to start filling in. I'm sure you'll be happy in the end.

:tiphat:

311devon

Aaaaahh....The learning curve is a bitch when ur growing thru it. But it will make you a better grower for sure. I bet you have all sorts of ideas for the next run. FYI....Vert + Scrog + stretchy plants = :jump:

Looks great in here. Those girls are about to start filling in. I'm sure you'll be happy in the end.

Thanks for the kind words, Marlo. There has def been a learning curve here. I'm pretty happy with it, will not be going horizontal again, ever. I'd love for you to critique my scroggin job.

I think what i under estimated most was just how much stretch Dr Buds lil box induces. I've been running these strains for almost 2 years now. The AGK puts on about 20-30% at stretch and the Strawberry Cough hits 20" when flowered at about 5" tall. Its been years since i was under an HID. What a difference. I figured since the Cough quadrupled in the sog it would at least double here. It might have gained 50%. :dunno:

I think I'm gonna have to invest in some new gear. Maybe I'll go totally nuts and get some Original Haze..... :bigeye:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good bro, we ALL went through what your facing atm, hang in their baby, the end product is worth it!

311devon

Thanks for stopping in Megayields, good to see some of the bigger guns like you and Marlo checkin it out. :respect:

Like Marlo said the ideas are flowin a bit. :artist: Gonna have the wife sew me up some diy smart pots fo sho. I'm also pondering going to some kinda hydro/automated system, i hate these blue tubs they are sittin in. They are the biggest tub i could find that would still fit within the grid, but they are too short and i cant get the pots right into the corner like i want.....thinkin maybe dwc or two small rdwc's. One on each base. I know little about the in's and out's of hydro systems though, not sure if two rdwc's are really feasible here. Everything would have to stay on the base so it can still be moved out and things tended to. Thats the thinking behind two seperate systems. Didnt want to mess with the extra connections and mess from taking things apart when work is required. Dunno if that would generate a weight problem when pulling them outta the closet.

Any thoughts on that fellas? :thinking:

If i could find a tray that would allow the pots to sit right in the corner, all of this hydro stuff would be moot. I would just trim the bases down a inch and cut one row off the grids closest to the door to make it easier to get em in and out and keep handwatering. . Right now there is about a 1/2' of clearance through the opening. She's a bit tight for daily attention. The trays would need to be approx 14" x 30".

Anybody know where i could get a plastic, uv resistant tray like that fabricated?

Hey DHF, if your watching, i'd love to know your thinking behind the using reflectix as opposed to white paint. I decided to take your word for it based on your experience with it, but as far as i know isnt flat white supposed to be more reflective than anything going? Is there something going on here with reflectix's insulating properties keeping the room from sinking heat, and therefore leveling out day/night fluctuation? School me brother!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
my thinking is that the reflectix is diffusing the light as opposed to flat white reflecting light. diffuse light means photons radiating out in multiple directions. also, the insulate properties you already touched on can't hurt. be interesting to hear other people's takes.

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in Megayields, good to see some of the bigger guns like you and Marlo checkin it out. :respect:

Like Marlo said the ideas are flowin a bit. :artist: Gonna have the wife sew me up some diy smart pots fo sho. I'm also pondering going to some kinda hydro/automated system, i hate these blue tubs they are sittin in. They are the biggest tub i could find that would still fit within the grid, but they are too short and i cant get the pots right into the corner like i want.....thinkin maybe dwc or two small rdwc's. One on each base. I know little about the in's and out's of hydro systems though, not sure if two rdwc's are really feasible here. Everything would have to stay on the base so it can still be moved out and things tended to. Thats the thinking behind two seperate systems. Didnt want to mess with the extra connections and mess from taking things apart when work is required. Dunno if that would generate a weight problem when pulling them outta the closet.

Any thoughts on that fellas? :thinking:

If i could find a tray that would allow the pots to sit right in the corner, all of this hydro stuff would be moot. I would just trim the bases down a inch and cut one row off the grids closest to the door to make it easier to get em in and out and keep handwatering. . Right now there is about a 1/2' of clearance through the opening. She's a bit tight for daily attention. The trays would need to be approx 14" x 30".

Anybody know where i could get a plastic, uv resistant tray like that fabricated?

Hey DHF, if your watching, i'd love to know your thinking behind the using reflectix as opposed to white paint. I decided to take your word for it based on your experience with it, but as far as i know isnt flat white supposed to be more reflective than anything going? Is there something going on here with reflectix's insulating properties keeping the room from sinking heat, and therefore leveling out day/night fluctuation? School me brother!

I'm pretty sure he's on the road... kinda busy right now. I haven't seen him posting as much.

Reflectix is the best reflective material available, and it's not really that expensive... I love the shit. It's like mylar covered bubble wrap. The little bubbles diffuse the light evenly throughout the room. It insulates against IR if that's something you're interested in. White paint is supposed to only be 80% reflective, and Reflectix is like 97-99%. It's a huge difference. HUGE. There is no replacement for Reflectix bubble foil insulation.

I sent back a package of radiant barrier... cause Fred's told me to. He'll agree with everything I just typed.

:ying:

311devon

Hey Bobble, thanks for stoppin in. Mucho mucho :respect: . I've learned alot readin your threads.

I was under the impression flat white was up in the 90% range. Thanks for settin that straight. I will say my room has responded nicely to what little reflectix I've hung. I'm totally sold on it fo sho. Now im gonna line my sog in it too. Like you said A 48" x 25' roll is $40. Cheap as shit for the benefits..

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love for you to critique my scroggin job.

I think it looks great. One idea for you to ponder for the next run is to grow the plants in front of the screen instead of thru it. You would have to use something like fuzzy pipe cleaners to anchor them to the screen, but it has a few advantages. It is less stressful on the plant...the chances of you breaking branches while training thru the screen are eliminated....branches can be moved and rearranged as you please....removing the plant for harvest is soooo much easier too.

All that being said, yours looks very good. 1st run or not. Great job.

P.S. strain selection is one of the biggest issues with vert scrog. Some are perfect, some are nightmares. I have the most success with strains that are very branchy, have a nice 2x stretch or more...and makes lots of golf ball nugs. Your plants will have still have colas on top, but imo the key to getting max yeild is having a productive wall all the way down. This is where the golf ball nugs win imo. Lucky for me, my 2 favorite strains (Diesel and OG) display these do very very well in vert scrogs.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it looks great. One idea for you to ponder for the next run is to grow the plants in front of the screen instead of thru it. You would have to use something like fuzzy pipe cleaners to anchor them to the screen, but it has a few advantages. It is less stressful on the plant...the chances of you breaking branches while training thru the screen are eliminated....branches can be moved and rearranged as you please....removing the plant for harvest is soooo much easier too.

All that being said, yours looks very good. 1st run or not. Great job.

P.S. strain selection is one of the biggest issues with vert scrog. Some are perfect, some are nightmares. I have the most success with strains that are very branchy, have a nice 2x stretch or more...and makes lots of golf ball nugs. Your plants will have still have colas on top, but imo the key to getting max yeild is having a productive wall all the way down. This is where the golf ball nugs win imo. Lucky for me, my 2 favorite strains (Diesel and OG) display these do very very well in vert scrogs.

Listen to the Don o Diesel.....he speaketh the truth and grows the dank chronic!