What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your freaks and mutants

MintyMick

My latest weirdo is a volunteer from a very citrus smelling Tangie mom that I slapped some regular Tangie pollen on. It grew some seeds then I chopped it and guess a seed or two fell because I currently have two seedlings growing in the 4 gallon pot... here’s a few pics of this weirdo with three leaves...I’m not all that surprised at the leaf mutation because the mother plant had variegated leaves which slowly disappeared during early veg. Meaning they didn’t turn invisible, but stopped growing more variegated leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MrMMJ

Not sure where the old pics are, but I once had a plant that sprouted branches half way up the stem of its shade leaves. There were the normal side branches, and the typical large single shade leaf growing out of that branches node, then an inch or so up that shade leaf stem was a new branch growing out of it. Found 3 or 4 of these leaf stem branches on the plant, all having already developed 2 to 3 nodes and sets of leaves. It looked really odd seeing branches grow out of the middle of a leaf stem !

PDX Dopesmoker

Not sure where the old pics are, but I once had a plant that sprouted branches half way up the stem of its shade leaves. There were the normal side branches, and the typical large single shade leaf growing out of that branches node, then an inch or so up that shade leaf stem was a new branch growing out of it. Found 3 or 4 of these leaf stem branches on the plant, all having already developed 2 to 3 nodes and sets of leaves. It looked really odd seeing branches grow out of the middle of a leaf stem !

I wonder if that feature would have propagated to the whole plant if you'd cloned one of the leaf stem branches.

Breadwizard

I have 3 prima damma from original delicatessen going currently, and they seem to be full of self topping mutations. One of them I thought was normal, but once topped, each side did this, giving me 4 tops instead of 2. Can't say I'm upset about it though, as it saves me labor and time, as they are just as vigorous besides.
picture.php

MrMMJ

I wonder if that feature would have propagated to the whole plant if you'd cloned one of the leaf stem branches.

Interesting thought ! It was a cross of " helper " , a CBD strain, with one of Sub-cools strains. I had other cuts of it at the time, so it was culled. Nothing abnormal about the others, though none were keepers. My cuts came from a friend with several mother's. None of his showed anything odd, only the one out of five I had gotten. Started happening when it was about 2' tall , un-topped, with 7 or 8 sets of side branches. No idea what caused it.

PDX Dopesmoker

Interesting thought ! It was a cross of " helper " , a CBD strain, with one of Sub-cools strains. I had other cuts of it at the time, so it was culled. Nothing abnormal about the others, though none were keepers. My cuts came from a friend with several mother's. None of his showed anything odd, only the one out of five I had gotten. Started happening when it was about 2' tall , un-topped, with 7 or 8 sets of side branches. No idea what caused it.

I was wondering if it might have been a sport type mutation.

PDX Dopesmoker

One sprout died of high winds, caught too strong of a breeze and got a kink in it's stem and fried laying on the dirt in the hot sun.
The other one grew out of it.
Y9Xt1rG.jpg

Fitzera

IMG_3248.jpg

This was (been culled) a Sweet C99 from Peak seeds (sweet skunk x c99). Was like this almost from the start. The leaves looked as though they had been extruded through something and have a twisted rough texture. I was letting it go to see what would happen. What happened was it kept doing the same thing haha.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
White widow freebie, no idea wtf is going on, i had one seed, its been doing this weird leaf variegation since it was a seedling. Actually looks and smells like some fire.

Attachments

• D4390128-939A-4D07-8CD2-81E980F5675A.jpg
    D4390128-939A-4D07-8CD2-81E980F5675A.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 4D0A4EAB-C8C2-4672-860F-EFF91BF228AC.jpg
    4D0A4EAB-C8C2-4672-860F-EFF91BF228AC.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 27

madalasatori

Veteran
White widow freebie, no idea wtf is going on, i had one seed, its been doing this weird leaf variegation since it was a seedling. Actually looks and smells like some fire.

Was that Dinafem by any chance? I had a mutant WW from Dinafem which I named the twister as the leaves grew really twisted when she was young. Grew quite columnar and weird. Smelt piney and had a really nice clear energetic high. I’ve grown a fair bit of widow and it was probably my favourite pheno I’ve grown .

Breadwizard

I wonder if this is inherent with WW genetics? I got a horribly mutated WW freebe reg from Seedsman, still flowering it, because why not, but it has deformed thin leaves and is stunted. I always hoped it would grow out of it, but no luck. Will post a pic when I'm back at my growspace.

starke

I have a Juan Herer fem from a freebie seed that has identical variegation and twist to the variegated leaves. Running a clone of her in flower now. She looks funky but makes excellent smoke. I keep a clone of her around at all times.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was that Dinafem by any chance? I had a mutant WW from Dinafem which I named the twister as the leaves grew really twisted when she was young. Grew quite columnar and weird. Smelt piney and had a really nice clear energetic high. I’ve grown a fair bit of widow and it was probably my favourite pheno I’ve grown .

Yep! It is!

Latest posts

Latest posts