What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

315w CMH questions

HalfArsedFarmer

FAO the bakerdroo please watch.

Any one else wishing to know whats the deal please watch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92g1SFFDKo

I know it's 30mins long and maybe hard to sit still for that long put if you had any doubt about CMH & LED this guys puts it to BED!

I've spoken to my brother in law who used to work for one of the big dutch companies making these bulbs & watched with him as this is his area of exp, HPS, MH,CMH are dead.

thebakedroo

FAO the bakerdroo please watch.

Any one else wishing to know whats the deal please watch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92g1SFFDKo

I know it's 30mins long and maybe hard to sit still for that long put if you had any doubt about CMH & LED this guys puts it to BED!

I've spoken to my brother in law who used to work for one of the big dutch companies making these bulbs & watched with him as this is his area of exp, HPS, MH,CMH are dead.

Thanks for that! I'll check it out.

Honestly... can we compare yield from 315 cmd and 440HPS in a box 1mx1m ?

I'm not in flower yet but my fears with CMH have been eliminated, the light output and depth from the 315w is very comparable to a 400w hps and the colour is far superior, it looks like sunlight in the tent and the output to the eye looks greater than a 400w hps, using a light meter I would say the CMH is a tiny bit better for output.

Going from a 600w HPS to 315w CMH would require some change in grow style I think, a 600w is more powerful and has greater depth, looking at the spread and depth in my CMH setup, I'll be focusing on SOG or SCROG.
That aside I see no advantage a 400w HPS has over a 315w CMH.

I only grow for personal use so I look at things a bit different to commercial guys, the drop in heat and improved spectrum is enough for me if it produces like a 400w hps

Sign

I got the wrong size tent, 4x4 by mistake. Anyhow I don't need enough to fill it and so I just about half of it under a phantom 315. I put the plants on one side in a row, 2 fills the side really well since I bush them out. They grow great, no complaints. If you have fears over your 315 I think as you progress towards the end they will go away.

I keep it as low as I can get it to where it hits both plants so right now that's about 12-15" depending on a couple bud sites that are a little taller. Everything is just great and I never knew how much the hps visible spectrum bothered me until I was able to work under natural looking light. Maybe a 600 would work better but I don't think it would be exponential or anything. And I would be over legal limit and have more than I know what to do with, well I already have that problem

Thanks for that! I'll check it out.

I'm not in flower yet but my fears with CMH have been eliminated, the light output and depth from the 315w is very comparable to a 400w hps and the colour is far superior, it looks like sunlight in the tent and the output to the eye looks greater than a 400w hps, using a light meter I would say the CMH is a tiny bit better for output.

Going from a 600w HPS to 315w CMH would require some change in grow style I think, a 600w is more powerful and has greater depth, looking at the spread and depth in my CMH setup, I'll be focusing on SOG or SCROG.
That aside I see no advantage a 400w HPS has over a 315w CMH.

I only grow for personal use so I look at things a bit different to commercial guys, the drop in heat and improved spectrum is enough for me if it produces like a 400w hps

Thanks for all! i'm not a commercial grower ...my baby are only for me :biggrin::biggrin: but i make only 2 session each year and i must maximize yield.

I'm in scrog and ater first day under cmh i can see "results":

attachment.php

HalfArsedFarmer

Hi Bakedroo

I know as I have seen first hand that one 315CMH will not cover what you used to get running a 600W. He had to go to a double up to pick up his losses so it wasn't what he was looking for in energy saving but the end product was better than HPS.

I've been running HPS/MH for over 20 years and know it's time to change so I've spent some time looking into this & it looks like LED is the future for me as a small scale grower.

Latest posts

Latest posts