What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G13 X Hp

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
gonna pop some 88G13HP F2 x Fat Cherry Hashplant that were gifted to me.
I used 88g13hp pollen from the same F2 work to hit Scoutbreath and Grandma's Hashplant as well so when those get popped I'll post some pics.

therevverend

Veteran
I was gifted some 88G13HP seed last year, I was excited to try them out. Grew into a medium sized bush, didn't have the vigor of my bigger plants but wasn't a scrag. Here's a picture in early July, a little over 3 months.

picture.php

And at the end of the month.

picture.php

Quite a bit of rapid growth and stretch in July. At this point she was developing brownish orange necrotic rust spots. You can see them in the picture if you look closely. I'm certain it was a fungal disease. Didn't infect any other plant. Didn't develop into a major problem but may have slowed growth a little. Here's a close up.

picture.php

In early September she developed rot on her main stem. This was boytritis, different fungus then the brown spotted rust. I was worried she'd end up girdled. I applied rubbing alcohol and anti-bacterial topical ointment for humans. This cured the rot, stopped it from spreading further. Despite the wet, cool weather. I was surprised that she reacted so well to treatment.

picture.php

The weather during late flowering was terrible for hashplants. She never formed big dense colas. Had more of a loose open structure. Not sure if it was the plant, the seeds, or the weather. Maybe a combination. This led to a bit of a disappointing yield but on the other hand she showed the best mold resistance of any of my hashplants. I lost her neighbor entirely to boytritis. This strain showed decent resistance to boytritis for a hashplant, the open flower structure may have been crucial.

Here she is on 10/10, harvest time. You can see a spot of boytritis in the upper right.

picture.php

After harvest I basically forgot about her. I disappointed by my Afghani strains, didn't get the yield I wanted and the mold issues were traumatizing. A couple weeks back I found some of her flowers, toked away. Oh man, I forgot how much I love the strain. The terpenes aren't incredible or fruit flavored. Just sweet and hashy, how I love it. The stone was great, relaxing, gratifying, not quite couchlock but psychedelic. Very good body high. Very potent. Now I'm excited about growing it again, despite the fungal problems. It's just too good. I need to experiment with breeding, maybe try different lines from different sources. Come up with something better adapted to my climate. Last year was an anomaly, much wetter then usual, but that could happen in any given year.

Bud Jones

I was gifted some 88G13HP seed last year, I was excited to try them out. Grew into a medium sized bush, didn't have the vigor of my bigger plants but wasn't a scrag. Here's a picture in early July, a little over 3 months.

View Image

And at the end of the month.

View Image

Quite a bit of rapid growth and stretch in July. At this point she was developing brownish orange necrotic rust spots. You can see them in the picture if you look closely. I'm certain it was a fungal disease. Didn't infect any other plant. Didn't develop into a major problem but may have slowed growth a little. Here's a close up.

View Image

In early September she developed rot on her main stem. This was boytritis, different fungus then the brown spotted rust. I was worried she'd end up girdled. I applied rubbing alcohol and anti-bacterial topical ointment for humans. This cured the rot, stopped it from spreading further. Despite the wet, cool weather. I was surprised that she reacted so well to treatment.

View Image

The weather during late flowering was terrible for hashplants. She never formed big dense colas. Had more of a loose open structure. Not sure if it was the plant, the seeds, or the weather. Maybe a combination. This led to a bit of a disappointing yield but on the other hand she showed the best mold resistance of any of my hashplants. I lost her neighbor entirely to boytritis. This strain showed decent resistance to boytritis for a hashplant, the open flower structure may have been crucial.

Here she is on 10/10, harvest time. You can see a spot of boytritis in the upper right.

View Image

After harvest I basically forgot about her. I disappointed by my Afghani strains, didn't get the yield I wanted and the mold issues were traumatizing. A couple weeks back I found some of her flowers, toked away. Oh man, I forgot how much I love the strain. The terpenes aren't incredible or fruit flavored. Just sweet and hashy, how I love it. The stone was great, relaxing, gratifying, not quite couchlock but psychedelic. Very good body high. Very potent. Now I'm excited about growing it again, despite the fungal problems. It's just too good. I need to experiment with breeding, maybe try different lines from different sources. Come up with something better adapted to my climate. Last year was an anomaly, much wetter then usual, but that could happen in any given year.
Beautiful plant .. It almost looks like late blight or leaf spot . Is it possible a stem borer did the damage at the base and got infected ? I’ve never seen a plant have that happen before .. It’s been very resilient at 45 N .. Almost 0 mold for me .. Was it NDN guy’s G13/Hp ?

G

The stone was great, relaxing, gratifying, not quite couchlock but psychedelic. Very good body high. Very potent.

Mines exactly the same i love it :tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
Was it NDN guy’s G13/Hp ?

No, another source. Although they could be from the same collection. I haven't looked into the history. It looks similar to a few of the other pictures posted. Back in the 90s I had a Sensi type HP and a G13. I never crossed them but I wish I had. The G13 was quite different, more of a dark green gnarly monster. Almost mossy, kind of an Oscar the Grouch type with a rich earthy dank smell.

It almost looks like late blight or leaf spot .

I'm certain that's what it was. My hop vines get a similar malady. The plant was likely genetically pre-disposed towards it since neighboring plants that touched it didn't show any sign. It occurred late enough in the year that it didn't do any real damage.

Is it possible a stem borer did the damage at the base and got infected ?

No it's caused by my marine climate. I've talked to other growers who get the same disease, they also live within a few miles of the ocean. Almost every year at least one or more plants get it. It doesn't have to be rainy, it started in early September when the temperature was in the low to mid 70s F. Cool humid air from the sea that burns off by mid-day is probably the cause. Doesn't have to be foggy. I've seen it in late June. Afghani genetics are certainly involved.

Last year besides the G13HP a Kashmiri and a Burkle 2.0 caught it. Another plant was lost entirely, can't remember which strain. Got knocked over in a storm and snapped where the rot had weakened the stem. Treatment can stop the spread of the disease and save the plant but the G13HP was the only one I've seen recover completely. It still had the necrotic spot but the infection was stopped. My other infected plants had it much worse. Once the weather changed and the rain and wind started it spreads to the branches. Here's some pictures from last year showing how bad it can get. The first picture got 90% around the stem but didn't kill the plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The last two are the little Kashmiri, she got hit hard. Girdled the stock and several branches. It induced much faster flowering and I still harvested mature buds, though not as crystally and green as the healthy branches.

'Boogieman'

A while ago somebody sent me a PM asking if I wanted some free 88g13hp seeds, but unfortunately he hasn't logged back on since then. I really wanted to try the 88g13hp outdoors but the good news is im going to try some of Bodhi's 88g13hp crosses this year, more cowbell (forum and OGKB) grandma's hashplant, and time bandit.

mexweed

Veteran
so I had two chem DX88g13/hp going and they ended up male, but the stem rub when I yanked them out of the pots, holy shit, loud burnt rubber permed hair skunk with halitosis poo notes and smooth citrus earthy pine, it had that hot gritty raunchiness to it

BC*Dankster*

I have a question that I'm hoping someone familiar with this strain can answer. So I am growing Bodhis OSHP, which is PNW hp x 88g13hp. I f2 them and am growing out these seeds for more variation to choose from. Half of the plants are short squat super bushes, like 2-3 feet tall but super bushy , some are taller but bushy which im guessing are more of the hybrid, and then there is a phenotype that isn't as common, but grows tall and sparse branches. SO my question comes down to this: what are the growth characteristics of the 88g13hp? Would they be the taller phenotype that im seeing, or shorter squat super bushes? Does anyone have any photos of mature vegging plants? Thanks guys

acespicoli

I always like the stuff that aint stepped on :bump:
point me towards the nonprofit organization :biggrin:
I remember what the man said