What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Mass Collective?

Anyone try this seed company before?

Herbies has it for about $12-7/seed on average and their descriptions make the plants seem like you can't go wrong -- great potency, extreme weight, and fast flowering times, what more could you want?

Critical Mass Collective Monster Mass Feminised Seeds Specs
Genetics: Select Critical Mass X Select Critical
Sex: Feminized.
Outdoor Yield: Approx 900+ G/Per Plant
Indoor Yield: Approx 700-800 G/M2
Outdoor Flowering Period: Mid/End Of September.
Indoor Flowering Period: Approx 45 - 50 Days
Thc: 18-20%

Critical Mass Collective Purple Skunk Mass Feminised Seeds Specs

Genetics: Monster Mass x Lavender x Afghani Skunk
Sex: Feminized.
Outdoor Yield: Approx 850 g/Per Plant
Indoor Yield: Approx 600-700 g/m2
Outdoor Flowering Period: Late September/Early October
Indoor Flowering Period: Approx 55-60 Days
THC: 20-22%

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Interesting. Has anyone heard about them, through the grapevine?

No, and that should be damning enough, if not, look at their yield claims, contact them and ask for some photos of 900g/M² gardens please.

Anybody who had managed to selectively breed critical from 600 to 900g/m² should be jusifiably proud of their achievements and would certainly have evidence Inc photos to prove their wonderful work. Many people who cash crop this strain would be fighting for seeds...

If, on the other hand they are just bullshitting hacks, they won't have this evidence will they, but would make stupid, unbelievable claims to snare some customers

So, proof or gtfo

Herbies too, if they are happy to publish such bold claims, they have to be substantiated, or they terminally loose any credibility on the spot. IMO they are just newcomers, boxshifters, commercial greedy people who are not doing this all for any love of the plant, so I avoid them and their ilk like the plague.

If Herbies and this critical collective cannot prove what they are claiming, they are both ****s.

No, and that should be damning enough, if not, look at their yield claims, contact them and ask for some photos of 900g/M² gardens please.

Anybody who had managed to selectively breed critical from 600 to 900g/m² should be jusifiably proud of their achievements and would certainly have evidence Inc photos to prove their wonderful work. Many people who cash crop this strain would be fighting for seeds...

If, on the other hand they are just bullshitting hacks, they won't have this evidence will they, but would make stupid, unbelievable claims to snare some customers

So, proof or gtfo

Herbies too, if they are happy to publish such bold claims, they have to be substantiated, or they terminally loose any credibility on the spot. IMO they are just newcomers, boxshifters, commercial greedy people who are not doing this all for any love of the plant, so I avoid them and their ilk like the plague.

If Herbies and this critical collective cannot prove what they are claiming, they are both ****s.

Thanks for your response. I understand your outlook.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]However, if you haven't tried either of the strains by sprouting a couple dozen seeds then your ferocity is not based on any evidence.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And keep in mind their claims are not quite as much as what your post stated.
Critical Mass Monster:
Outdoor Yield: Approx 900+ G/Per Plant
Indoor Yield: Approx 700-800 G/M2
[/FONT]

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I didn't mean to sound arsey, trust me, I would like this to be true more than you would, much more. ..

My "ferocity" is born of 25 years of Bullshit from seedmakers in this industry and many others I have met in the path of life, I have zero tolerance for them or their shit.

The wording of this clearly states that they have worked the line, one of the most productive plants out there, grown commercially by thousands, and added 33%* extra yield, revolutionary, but possible. However, if it was true, don't you think there would be some evidence ? *600 ~800g/m²

If this has happened, they could provide evidence, hell, it is absolutely clear as daylight that proof, photographs would be very easy to come by to prove their bold claims, they would sell thousands of packs a day here and I would be at the front of the queue

As it is, they have not, so, as far as I can see, it is Bullshit, again. Just another hack job, but I would love to be wrong, ... Do, please proove me wrong.

+ another troubling matter for the Bullshit detector is the OD yield, I have seen 5kg plants of critical od, given how well these experts critical breeding program has gone, you would imagine that someone would have grown a 6,6kg plant ? Would make a very good advert don't you think? By only claiming 900g you wonder if they have ever grown it outdoor themselves, maybe they were just busy with this indoor program like they said, but apparently forgot to photograph.

I didn't mean to sound arsey, trust me, I would like this to be true more than you would, much more. ..

My "ferocity" is born of 25 years of Bullshit from seedmakers in this industry and many others I have met in the path of life, I have zero tolerance for them or their shit.

The wording of this clearly states that they have worked the line, one of the most productive plants out there, grown commercially by thousands, and added 33%* extra yield, revolutionary, but possible. However, if it was true, don't you think there would be some evidence ? *600 ~800g/m²

If this has happened, they could provide evidence, hell, it is absolutely clear as daylight that proof, photographs would be very easy to come by to prove their bold claims, they would sell thousands of packs a day here and I would be at the front of the queue

As it is, they have not, so, as far as I can see, it is Bullshit, again. Just another hack job, but I would love to be wrong, ... Do, please proove me wrong.

+ another troubling matter for the Bullshit detector is the OD yield, I have seen 5kg plants of critical od, given how well these experts critical breeding program has gone, you would imagine that someone would have grown a 6,6kg plant ? Would make a very good advert don't you think? By only claiming 900g you wonder if they have ever grown it outdoor themselves, maybe they were just busy with this indoor program like they said, but apparently forgot to photograph.

Good points. So, based on very sound logic you're asserting that their cliams to yield are complete bull-shit?
If that's the case, then what do you believe the upper limits of possibility could be on these strains? What would a reasonable estimate of yield be, for at least a fairly experienced grower?

Why would anyone want 700-800 grams of Critical Mass though?

Is Critical Mass fun to smoke? I never did myself, but Mr. Nice Seeds seems to be very good at what they do. Is this strain overall just a mass monster and then a complete dud with its smoke, like Big Bud was/is? I was hoping that Crit. Mass would be worthwhile, especially seeing the claims at THC from this collective group.

is a blef-genetic, advertising can be misleading
But to what extent is is "Blef"? As Chaos said: without verified growing via pictures and possibly independent THC analysis, one cannot be sure of just "how bad" this group's strain actually is. Or at least that's my take on it.

:tiphat:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Good points. So, based on very sound logic you're asserting that their cliams to yield are complete bull-shit?
If that's the case, then what do you believe the upper limits of possibility could be on these strains? What would a reasonable estimate of yield be, for at least a fairly experienced grower?
:

Critical Mass, Critical + Kritikal etc is a high yielding fast flowering plant, ime amongst the best in this respect, but, the end product is questionable. To some it is a nice enough generic skunky Afghani thing, to any real head, it is mongy shit, probably the most tedious smoke I know of amongst hundreds of strains. The only good thing I can say is that when left to mature properly, at 55 or 60 days, not 45, in a well lit environment, hydroponic with no retarding environmental factors, it can give a reasonable medical sleepy hit and also makes decent (high yield, decent quality) extractions. I was first tipped off to the great extractions thing by a icehash expert who "hates puto critical" .... Like many here in Spain, sick way beyond the back teeth with the omnipresent mediocre critical everywhere, but did admit that it improved a lot once the resin was removed from the flowers...

Is Critical Mass fun to smoke? I never did myself, but Mr. Nice Seeds seems to be very good at what they do. Is this strain overall just a mass monster and then a complete dud with its smoke, like Big Bud was/is? I was hoping that Crit. Mass would be worthwhile, especially seeing the claims at THC from this collective group.
:

It is not fun to smoke, psypish is spot on here, big bud is a great analogy, more Indica than critical, but equally shit. An increasing number of growers have eventually "seen behind the curtain" of utter Bullshit with Mr nice seeds, I wouldn't run a seed of theirs if you paid me to.

But to what extent is is "Blef"? As Chaos said: without verified growing via pictures and possibly independent THC analysis, one cannot be sure of just "how bad" this group's strain actually is. Or at least that's my take on it.

:tiphat:

My point is that either they did this fantastic breeding program as they say they did, or they are just more bold faced liars, yet another Muppet hitting a couple of critical clones with Silver solution. If I really thought they had done the former I would buy a pack tomorrow and be a happy man.

luposolitario

420giveaway
I would say at least put the real photos of the plants, are strange, cartoonish, I my not see anything special, it just seems a yet another publicity of great qualities which then does not have the gene. I too would like a plant of 1kg of grass to 24% THC in 50 days of flowering.

Critical Mass, Critical + Kritikal etc is a high yielding fast flowering plant, ime amongst the best in this respect, but, the end product is questionable. To some it is a nice enough generic skunky Afghani thing, to any real head, it is mongy shit, probably the most tedious smoke I know of amongst hundreds of strains... It is not fun to smoke, psypish is spot on here, big bud is a great analogy, more Indica than critical, but equally shit.
I wonder what makes it this way, in terms of the smoke -- is it the array of terpenes generally present within these genetics?

It's nice to have a fast growing, high-yielding strain. Is there no strain which has the best of both? That's what I was hoping for in this crit mass collective claim. Do you know of which strain(s) can have both fast grow + big yield and a terpene blend that makes it a pleasurable smoke?

The only good thing I can say is that when left to mature properly, at 55 or 60 days, not 45, in a well lit environment, hydroponic with no retarding environmental factors, it can give a reasonable medical sleepy hit and also makes decent (high yield, decent quality) extractions. I was first tipped off to the great extractions thing by a icehash expert who "hates puto critical" .... Like many here in Spain, sick way beyond the back teeth with the omnipresent mediocre critical everywhere, but did admit that it improved a lot once the resin was removed from the flowers...
glad to hear you're working with what you got! Keep it flowing.

An increasing number of growers have eventually "seen behind the curtain" of utter Bullshit with Mr nice seeds, I wouldn't run a seed of theirs if you paid me to.
Why is it a shit screen?? :peacock:

My point is that either they did this fantastic breeding program as they say they did, or they are just more bold faced liars, yet another Muppet hitting a couple of critical clones with Silver solution. If I really thought they had done the former I would buy a pack tomorrow and be a happy man.
I would say at least put the real photos of the plants, are strange, cartoonish, I my not see anything special, it just seems a yet another publicity of great qualities which then does not have the gene. I too would like a plant of 1kg of grass to 24% THC in 50 days of flowering.
I say the only way to truly know is to try them

All true. I guess only time and grow reports can be the proof to these claims. Who's going to be the first to give it a go? The seeds are cheap enough to at least try it..... :huggg:

Has anyone tried Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk Feminised Seeds? Their claims push beyond the Critical Mass Collective's claims -- by 200 grams! Is that bullshit? I mean, are there many photos floating around with grows that reflect the following specs?

Specs: Lineage: Big Bud x Super Skunk x Green Spirit
Type: 80% indica / 20% sativa
THC: 20-24%
Indoor Time: 7-8 weeks
Outdoor Time: Mid Sept
Yield info. indoor: 600-1000 gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 800 -1500 gr. per plant

Then you also have White Widow X Big Bud Feminised by Female Seeds. They don't list any specs except that "A very popular strain with enormous yield and heavy stone." I wonder if the White Widow adds a bit of flare or zeal to the smoke. You think it's similar in yield/speed to Kritical?

And while we're on the topic of Kritical, has anyone been successful with "Super Kritical"?

The sprouts were so weak they could hardly get through the seed!

mintz

I haven't started them yet but here's an example of a potential big yielder from the sincity & I hope so & some thing I would like to smoke a lot more than critical mass aka big bud :dunno:time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
View Image I haven't started them yet but here's an example of a potential big yielder from the sincity & I hope so & some thing I would like to smoke a lot more than critical mass aka big bud :dunno:time will tell.

Whoa, sweet flowers bro!

That is some stellar top grade looking floral blossom there. Thanks. F*ck big dud compared to that.

Although, from another point of view, your turn over rate with that will be less than with a 45-60 day indica dom.

Last edited:

mintz

I'm hoping so,will post pics and a little info from my experience with them when I do them.

I'm hoping so,will post pics and a little info from my experience with them when I do them.

That'll be supreme.

You order from Sin City Seeds before? Discreet process/shipping?

How many seeds you going to pop -- like 30, 40, or 50?
Didn't see, are the feminized?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I wonder what makes it this way, in terms of the smoke -- is it the array of terpenes generally present within these genetics?

It's nice to have a fast growing, high-yielding strain. Is there no strain which has the best of both? That's what I was hoping for in this crit mass collective claim. Do you know of which strain(s) can have both fast grow + big yield and a terpene blend that makes it a pleasurable smoke?
glad to hear you're working with what you got! Keep it flowing.
Why is it a shit screen?? :peacock:

All true. I guess only time and grow reports can be the proof to these claims. Who's going to be the first to give it a go? The seeds are cheap enough to at least try it..... :huggg:

No idea, but yes, terpenes would be high up the list... Lots is being learned about terpenes and their effects of late, I am not fully up to speed through, so will STFU

There are a few candidates for yield + quality, various chemdog crosses seem promising, but for most people and tastes, absolute best yield of dry flowers often does not equate to highest levels of satisfaction in all senses.

Z

zooty

Is critical + really that bad? I'm growing a cross of it right now i hope i'm not wasting my time

Is critical + really that bad? I'm growing a cross of it right now i hope i'm not wasting my time

What's Critical +?

I can only speak from my research, but I think it really depends what you want out of it. From what I've seen, if you are looking for a quick growing, high yielding plant with a couch-locking mediocre stone, then Kritikal is the plant for you. Change any of those varialbes and you should look for another strain.

It was mentioned in another thread, but LSD by Barney's is supposed to be fairly equivalent to Kritikal in terms of yield, but apparently the high is much more pleasant and appealing. IDK. LSD is on my list, but haven't gotten to it.

Latest posts

Latest posts