What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

auto light dep, diy? winch?

clearheaded

Anyone have an auto tarp system for light deprevation?

I am thinking a cheap winch on a timer that tension opens or set up another winch to open.

Any other ideas?

Speed of green

What shape/size are the greenhouses

Do you want internal or external tarp system?

I've got a couple automated blackout greenhouses I built from scratch. There are inexpensive motors specifically designed for this use that are much more accurate than a winch motor.

CrushnYuba

I got a whole thread on it. In the greenhouse section labeled diy steel greenhouse. Uses cheap rollers made for greenhouses. Its 2017, no one pulls tarps manually anymore!

I got a whole thread on it. In the greenhouse section labeled diy steel greenhouse. Uses cheap rollers made for greenhouses. Its 2017, no one pulls tarps manually anymore!

Hey CrushnYuba, do you have a couple of rollers to spare? Looking to auto dep a small greenhouse.

theJointedOne

Veteran

i do lol

i dont have the money for a system big enough to tackle my op, maybe next year :)

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I guess the golden arm isn't auto. My pops went and constructed his own though with the same type of idea.
It works great for my smaller greenhouse, Before it would have taken two people to cover/uncover, now its only a one person job

An auto-darkening greenhouse has long been on my wish list.
I just ordered 2 winders and a 24v power supply so will soon be living the dream.