What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Josh D OG vs KarmaRado OG

810FireFarm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]getting ready to run a side-by-side flower between the Josh D. OG and KarmaRado OG packs.

4x8 tent...2 600mh in xxl hoods, 2 x 600hps flower, Vermifire Soil, Earth Juice, Hand water

In early veg ( 20oz. cups) all plants about 12 inches from the tops of cups +/- an inch

so far the Josh D Fan leaves seem a little thinner and a sharper serration pattern.
The Karmarado stems seem a tad thicker and the leaves have a tiny bit (slightly) more 'rounding' to they leaves and a little bit softer serration

all are almost identical in height

very impressed with the large fan leaves on all.

** also have a pack of RD Scotts Og going....these area noticeably wider leaves and a softer serration...they are not quite as tall as the the others, but i did have a slight watering issue with those trays in the very beginning so they may just be a few days behind.

I keep/run a Scotts Og from 2011 seed stock i believe....shes a lanky straight up OG i use as benchmark ...so there is fire there too
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Josh D 1.jpg
    Josh D 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Josh D 2.jpg
    Josh D 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Josh D 3.jpg
    Josh D 3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 14
  • KarmaRado 3.jpg
    KarmaRado 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
  • KarmaRado 2.jpg
    KarmaRado 2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
  • KarmaRado 1.jpg
    KarmaRado 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 9

810FireFarm

so all of the plants have been topped/cloned and re-potted into smart pots , and after a 3 day recovery changed the bulbs out to HPS, they are 1000 hortilux eye super hps but run at 600 on an adjustable elec. ballast

some few phenos are totem-poles with vegetation sticking very tight, others have bottom branching reaching the tops , but most are the classic og frame used to seeing.

Attachments

• jd 3.jpg
    jd 3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 11
  • jd side.jpg
    jd side.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • jd top.jpg
    jd top.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 11
  • kr top.jpg
    kr top.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 15
  • kr side.jpg
    kr side.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 13
  • kr 3.jpg
    kr 3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 11

810FireFarm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i will say that the Josh D seeds almost all seeds germinated in 24-36 hours wet paper towel in a small rubbermaid tub, the KarmaRado were all done in 36-48 hours

i want to say each had 1 that didn't make it or died out when sprouts were planted initally

[/FONT]

810FireFarm

last night i noticed some of the males are just starting to show cluster development...very few females yet to show any pistils...but a few fine white hairs showing on a couple

Robney

Hell yeah 810! You're gonna be sittin on a lot of ogk soon! Hyped to see how these babies turn out. And I feel you on the RD: I run the starkiller and rugburn, both are fire

mack 10

Veteran
Couple of Rado's for ya.

Attachments

• WP_20170812_16_56_55_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20170812_16_56_55_Pro_LI.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_20170812_16_56_43_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20170812_16_56_43_Pro_LI.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 12

810FireFarm

pics are coming very soon. The Josh D and KarmaRado's really exploded with growth the last 2 weeks in 12/12. Much more than my scotts Og did. the JD/KR tent is crowded AF. lol

810FireFarm

Ok, updated pics of the Josh Ds, KarmaRados, and a few new Scotts im hunting also

Attachments

• K'rado side.jpg
    K'rado side.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 15
  • K'rado top.jpg
    K'rado top.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Scotts Top (1).jpg
    Scotts Top (1).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Scotts Side.jpg
    Scotts Side.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
  • JD top 1.jpg
    JD top 1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
  • JD side 1.jpg
    JD side 1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 13

810FireFarm

quick update, budding setting in

first 2 are JoshD OG, 3rd is KarmaRado, 4-5 are Scotts Og,
Somehow i forgot to get the karmarado side view pic

Attachments

• IMG-1520.jpg
    IMG-1520.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-1522.jpg
    IMG-1522.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-1523.jpg
    IMG-1523.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-1526.jpg
    IMG-1526.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-1527.jpg
    IMG-1527.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 18

810FireFarm

not yet, ive learned to not count the chickens too early, sometimes ones with great smells lack flavor and weak smells taste awesome, got to find 'the one' with it all

the Scotts all seem to be shorter than the JoshD and KarmaRado, and filling out a little quicker. There is varying nug size more in the Josh D and KarmaRado tops more than the scotts which all seems similar size, im impressed with the uniformity of the scotts for reg seeds.

I ended up with like 5 males of 24 Josh D, so i didnt expect such a crowded tent, but hey, im ok with it.

Oddly enough the karmarado were feminized and i pulled 2 males from them early in flip so go figure....the regs very almost all females and the fems had a couple males lol....the scotts were about even 50/50 m/f so thats why they have proper spacing in that space

but generally they all look very decent, the next few weeks will start to show more trich development and looking for frosty leaves.

They are all very good genetic lines from solid breeders (karma,CannaRado,RD), so i'm sure there will be many good plants in the bunch.

Robney

not yet, ive learned to not count the chickens too early, sometimes ones with great smells lack flavor and weak smells taste awesome, got to find 'the one' with it all

the Scotts all seem to be shorter than the JoshD and KarmaRado, and filling out a little quicker. There is varying nug size more in the Josh D and KarmaRado tops more than the scotts which all seems similar size, im impressed with the uniformity of the scotts for reg seeds.

I ended up with like 5 males of 24 Josh D, so i didnt expect such a crowded tent, but hey, im ok with it.

Oddly enough the karmarado were feminized and i pulled 2 males from them early in flip so go figure....the regs very almost all females and the fems had a couple males lol....the scotts were about even 50/50 m/f so thats why they have proper spacing in that space

but generally they all look very decent, the next few weeks will start to show more trich development and looking for frosty leaves.

They are all very good genetic lines from solid breeders (karma,CannaRado,RD), so i'm sure there will be many good plants in the bunch.

Absolutely, you can't judge anything till it's in your joint/bowl/blunt/vaporizer. I'm pretty keen to how the karma will stack up against the RD. I love RD stuff but I can't help but wonder if I'm missing some wonderful ogs out there. Can't wait to see how it all comes out! Thanks for doing this 810!

aquavitae

funny that you posted that 810FireFarm, just posted a similar response
in another thread. from karma have only tried HB, and if his other strains compare,
(and they do, from what I read and hear) then the results should be solid.
HB was some really nice herb, strong!

hope you will enjoy yourself!

:) AV

Latest posts

Latest posts