Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Too bushy?

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Too bushy? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 AM #1
Bloom SA

Bloom SA is on a distinguished road
Too bushy?

Howdy follow growers

This is nirvana's bubbalicious. Only due to harvest late april (southern hemisphere)and these girls are already making buds and dusting their leaves with trichs. It is only the end of January now. Is this too bushy as there are buds growing low down? Must i remove most of the fan leaves? Do i leave them alone? Plants are about 2m tall which I didnt expect for an indica dominant strain. Plants are manifold trained and have been bending them under twine as they are about to reach the roof. This is africa so removing the roof will equal Seeds as there are wild plants everywhere here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0219.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	444264
Bloom SA is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 AM #2
hoki2test

hoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to beholdhoki2test is a splendid one to behold
what a lovely big bush you have there bro...maybe remove a few leaves here and there otherwise let her do her thing
hoki2test is online now Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 04:07 PM #3
Bloom SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoki2test View Post
what a lovely big bush you have there bro...maybe remove a few leaves here and there otherwise let her do her thing
thanks bud. Just so confusing. Looks like the peeps who do remove leaves vs those who say don't are split 50/50 sooo very confusing. Indoor makes sense but wasn't sure on a greenhouse grow

Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 PM #4
petert

petert is on a distinguished road
I remove fan leaves to promote sunlight and airflow to all parts of the plant.

It seems to be a controversial subject on here, but that what I do and have for a few years with good results.
petert is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:39 AM #5
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
I would remove weaker branches to start with, bigger leaves closer to the bottom third of the plants, all the airflow in there, if you find leaves sitting on top of each other take off one or two here and there, you can always go back to take off more later if you like but you can't put them back on.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 AM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
It's about airflow and light penetration. Good advice in here so far and some beautiful looking plants.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 06:20 AM #7
Hort1

Hort1 is on a distinguished road
I was wondering how you calculated your harvest date as being late April?Most hybrid types with a 8-10 week flowering time should be finishing late March maybe only the more sativa dominant one's finishing April ?
Hort1 is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 08:03 AM #8
Bloom SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hort1 View Post
I was wondering how you calculated your harvest date as being late April?Most hybrid types with a 8-10 week flowering time should be finishing late March maybe only the more sativa dominant one's finishing April ?
Sure normally it would be 8-10 weeks. I find with using the sun that flower time is greatly extended. Normally my outdoors plants finish middle to late april so based my estimation on this

Old 02-06-2018, 07:31 PM #9
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
LimyGreen , nailed it perfectly. Great advice. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote