What's new

Vintage Colombian

Prs2xs

I've always had this dream and I still do, that once I found the right place here I'd have a destination for true sativa lovers. I'm not talking about mainstream consumer tourism. I'm talking very small scale, very exclusive, experience focused.
Paipa is the place, it's the country but with city amenities and the climate is perfect year round. This area is rich with culture as has everything to offer but is unknown and underated.
View attachment 19001888
Local vineyards produce world class wine.
View attachment 19001889
We (my wife and I) have been working with the mayor of Paipa and the local hotel coalition to bring canna tourism to the area. We are advancing and I hope this year to have some guests.
View attachment 19001891
One concern visitors have and rightfully so is security. Colombia is a dangerous place and tourist have been recently murdered and constantly robbed. But here's the deal the tourists that come here and get robbed and murdered are the tourist I don't want here.. Pedophiles and coke heads can go somewhere else or get what's coming. In our area no tourist was robbed and no murders. Secondly people that I know that come here are protected by my family and trusted friends. So if someone wants to go crazy and party on the streets, someone (cool) will go with you to make sure only a good time is had.
We are constantly meeting new good people in different locations to provide safe and cannabis friendly destinations for those whom want to see all of Colombia.
View attachment 19001899
Of course I recommend folks wanting to visit Colombia to make their first stop to be at my place.
View attachment 19001901
Smoke some world class rider grown mountain sativa while looking out over the valley below.
There's so many cool things to do here and once you meet the people you'll fall in love while developing friendships for life. Of course I'm still working out details but I'm hoping to have some fantastic pictures of some very happy guests this year.

Maybe ICMAG would be interested in some ICMAG tours for certain events coinciding with special harvests and/or local festivals.
Take a couple days to get use to the altitude and plan an adventure. Just a thought.

More to come
red rider
Colombia has always been a place that intrigued me- when my wife and I got married in '76, we were taking a course to learn Spanish, because we were planning to travel South, following a travel book called "Along the gringo trail". It would take us down through Central America to South America on the west coast down to Argentina, then back up the East side to Colombia, then home. We never got to do it, pregnancy happened, and that was the end of the dream!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I believe visiting Colombia even without knowing much Spanish would be fun. But not knowing anyone or specific places of interest could be a bland confusing experience. But so sorry that you didn't have the opportunity to come here.
What I'm talking about is much much more than a shore excursion from a cruise ship in Cartagena. I'm thinking more of a rider Colombian experience where my experience is yours to ensure safety and that you meet the goals of your visit.
IMG_20240321_101041064_HDR~3.jpg

By nature I don't like most people (even Colombians) but the people I do like are the best. When my friends in Bogota meet you at the airport, I know you'll be in the best hands. I know right out of immigration you'll be hitting some fine lumbo washing away any jet lag. Much than just sight seeing, much more than hiding in the hotel room smoking over priced crippi.
IMG_20240412_181644648_HDR.jpg

I'm talking about meeting my trusted friends and seeing the cool places only locals frequent. Most of my friends are growers and very proud of their crops, your opinion is very important to them. I'm talking about non commercial growers that don't grow for income. Genuinely good people.
IMG_20240329_103346986_MFNR~2.jpg

I can see only positives in bringing good people together. I like most enjoy cannabis more when in an exciting exotic location with fun interesting things to do.
Good Colombian grown sativa is renowned for it's happy feel good effect and that matches perfectly here. Just engaging with the local people is rewarding and you can really feel the good vibe of common folks.
I personally do not condone prostitution because I can't tolerate the exploitation of any human but it is legal here.. Also prostitution isn't necessary if one pays attention and most importantly respect. If you're sincere and motivated romance is more than possible. We are very protective of our people (particularly women and children) so I don't host it.
IMG-20211012-WA0012.jpeg

I'm still putting together thoughts and ideas while bouncing them off my wife and buddy. I can say that we are putting some really fantastic things together.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rainbow4.jpg

Here's a little old school lumbo. This flower is from Bogota 2006. I got this batch from my old friend Jorge, a few years before crippi took over.
It was grown up north near Santa Marta and was sinsemilla. Nice old school taste but not real potent. I think I bought a pound 500g) and smoked it in a month. I called it "rainbow" cause it reminded of some Colombian I had in the 70s with that name.

red rider

Lugo

Veteran
I've always had this dream and I still do, that once I found the right place here I'd have a destination for true sativa lovers. I'm not talking about mainstream consumer tourism. I'm talking very small scale, very exclusive, experience focused.
Paipa is the place, it's the country but with city amenities and the climate is perfect year round. This area is rich with culture as has everything to offer but is unknown and underated.
View attachment 19001888
View attachment 19001889
We (my wife and I) have been working with the mayor of Paipa and the local hotel coalition to bring canna tourism to the area. We are advancing and I hope this year to have some guests.
View attachment 19001891
One concern visitors have and rightfully so is security. Colombia is a dangerous place and tourist have been recently murdered and constantly robbed. But here's the deal the tourists that come here and get robbed and murdered are the tourist I don't want here.. Pedophiles and coke heads can go somewhere else or get what's coming. In our area no tourist was robbed and no murders. Secondly people that I know that come here are protected by my family and trusted friends. So if someone wants to go crazy and party on the streets, someone (cool) will go with you to make sure only a good time is had.
We are constantly meeting new good people in different locations to provide safe and cannabis friendly destinations for those whom want to see all of Colombia.
View attachment 19001899
Of course I recommend folks wanting to visit Colombia to make their first stop to be at my place.
View attachment 19001901
Smoke some world class rider grown mountain sativa while looking out over the valley below.
There's so many cool things to do here and once you meet the people you'll fall in love while developing friendships for life. Of course I'm still working out details but I'm hoping to have some fantastic pictures of some very happy guests this year.

Maybe ICMAG would be interested in some ICMAG tours for certain events coinciding with special harvests and/or local festivals.
Take a couple days to get use to the altitude and plan an adventure. Just a thought.

More to come
red rider
Man and I ain't too far away, sounds like a great destination, very tempting!

Whens a good time to visit in relation to the weather, culture etc?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coco loco 1.jpg

Occasionally I enjoy baking with my sativa. One cookie is an entire day of Colombian goodness. Eating the sativa to me is more intense and complex than with most hybrids. Cookies of course are great when smoking is impossible or inconvenient (scuba diving, sky diving).
PICT4838.JPG

This is "coastal green" , I named it because it came from the coast (Santa Marta). I know some here remember my posting about it.
Coastal Green 2.jpg

Fully seeded and hard compressed it was ridiculously potent. Traditionally grown and cured Colombian.
Coastal Green 1.jpg

Incredible stuff

red rider

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 19002040
Occasionally I enjoy baking with my sativa. One cookie is an entire day of Colombian goodness. Eating the sativa to me is more intense and complex than with most hybrids. Cookies of course are great when smoking is impossible or inconvenient (scuba diving, sky diving).
View attachment 19002045
This is "coastal green" , I named it because it came from the coast (Santa Marta). I know some here remember my posting about it.
View attachment 19002046
Fully seeded and hard compressed it was ridiculously potent. Traditionally grown and cured Colombian.
View attachment 19002047
Incredible stuff

red rider
Looks like Mangobiche to me :)

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
During the 2000s while living in Bogota I grew a few plants but I also bought a lot of flower. I found a reliable connection (Jorge still friends). Back then Jorge would travel to different parts of Colombia (part of his real job) and he would pick me up a pound or two of what was locally available. It was a great situation, I tried flowers from all over Colombia and super cheap. However most of it didn't come with a name, only location of origin. I've got thousands of pictures of golds,reds,greens and purple pre crippi lumbo. I was like a kid in a candy shop back then. But the coastal green could very well have been mangobiche but I was never told. To be honest I don't remember hearing about mangobiche until 2012 , I'm sure it was around.
Things are much better now.
IMG_20240411_083129173_MFNR~2.jpg

Muisca

red rider

Baba Karuna

View attachment 19001888
View attachment 19001889
View attachment 19001891
View attachment 19001899
View attachment 19001901

More to come
red rider
Beautiful 😍 Love what you are doing 🙌 I will be following this thread 😊

🌸Om Namah Shivaya🌸

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah destroyer is a high powered sativa trifecta. It's on my must grow again list along with JBM and hashfruit. Years ago I knew a few growers that grew the destroyer outside near Bogota. And in 2020 another grower friend traded me two 1 litter jars for the equal in CBD flower. This grower a young lady in Bogota converted the entire roof of the family building into a garden. I love going to see her and getting high in the garden with the plants and parrots. Really cool lady and her family are so nice. Before visiting her I always bring some bread or fruit for the family, nice custom.
But yeah I still grow alot of ACE/Cannabiogen and the descendants of simply because I like them, working with some varieties for 8+ years.
IMG_20240513_163945230_MFNR~3.jpg

In fact here's some Red Snake bx that is originally from 2016 that I'm reproducing now.
IMG_20240513_163959378_MFNR~3.jpg

I love the Red Snake and every time I make seeds it gets better.
Just for the hell of it the farmers decided to put the donkey right in front of the the greenhouse. I have no general dislike for donkeys so I gave him a couple cartots just to be cool. Well now he's like a dog following me around, eyeballing me as I work. He appears to be reasonably intelligent but I don't want any pets especially a donkey.
IMG_20240513_162958432_MFNR.jpg

Here he is eyeballing me while I'm in the greenhouse. He knows I'm still holding a carrot for when I leave.

red rider