What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest

marinemansf

Ok, so I created a contest thread like 2 to 3 weeks ago and it still has yet to be approved.... by the time it does get approved, the contest will be over...

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Happy Sunday Growers!

If you're wondering about your grow reports not being approved yet, I have looked through all 80 waiting for approval. Some need finishing or photos to be added... I will review them again soon... the contest entrants shouldn't give up, it's still under way and there are some awesome grows! I am Amazed and Delighted to see them all~!

I'm dropping out of the contest, I've got way too much work to continue the story, so I"ll be reverting it back to a grow thread documenting blood orange.

The story, if anyone is interested, ends with Blood Orange being the only strain that will knock Bodhi out completely, and I have to grow it so Luke can free the rest of his friends.

But, I've got a few projects to finish, and I cant devote any inspiration to that piece. It's an idea economy issue.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
so if I been growen herbs for the past 14 + years, can I still show my goods. cuz I still feel like a bit of a newbie because I still got a lot of learning about getting better yields.

plus Im alwase coming up with new ways to grow green. :)

MHBGuy

Same on mine. Not sweating it too much. Guessing they'll figure it out when the time comes.

and... LOL, I know how hard it is to stay on schedule when you have some good ganja around (and you have to figure pretty much everyone around here does!)

N

NoSocSlic

Whoa now!

Whoa now!

Been almost 2 months since I put my hat in the ring, and it STILL has yet to be approved... what a great contest.......

Yeah no worries man. They will get to it. Judging isn't even until October. Payaso also said that many of the reports were incomplete, so maybe go back and double check yours to make sure you filled it out all the way and correctly. Happy growing! :dance013:

Space Toker

Veteran
too bad I am not a newbie although feel like one quite often! :D Good luck to all!
I did learn some info in the opening post I never knew right at the top there, so thanks and good luck to all!

ps you realize that someone with less than 300 posts may just be new and not a newbie and that someone could have or create a new or alternate account to appear as such? anyway, I hope people honor the intent of the contest and that this is fun for all.

MHBGuy

ps you realize that someone with less than 300 posts may just be new and not a newbie and that someone could have or create a new or alternate account to appear as such? anyway, I hope people honor the intent of the contest and that this is fun for all.

:) Thought I had a suspicious mind!

Not sure the intention was "newbie to growing" so much as "newbie in relation to ICMAG", but the probability of new members being new growers should be pretty high.

And doubtful a very experienced grower could be bothered spending a lot of time putting together a grow log to attempt to win some free seeds, but certainly possible I suppose.

N

NoSocSlic

It is fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain who is new and who is experienced IMO. Look at my grow, not bad... for a newbie, but obviously not someone who has been doing this for years. Experienced growers are dialed in for the most part. Everything runs clean. I have seen one or two that made me say to myself, "This guy has been doin this awhile."

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey all.

My name is missing as well, my contest entry is in my sig.

Thanks Payaso

Good luck and vibes to all