What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin'

5th

Veteran
lol, you've waited this long...but yeah I can relate. I cut a few hundred clones off a mom I had...been doing it since spring. Well 2 months ago I threw the sad sorry old bitch into my outside garden to compost...seem's the old bitch wouldn't die...cut down her tiny lil' cola's 2 days ago...free weed in the strangest of places.

Anyone else other then me think I should stick the other 600w I have kicking around in there? Giving me 1800w...or is that really stupid 'cuz I'm really stoned?

bobblehead

Veteran
don't do it unless you can keep the temps under control... I think you should add a few levels if ur gonna go that route though.

5th

Veteran
Temps really aren't an issue, had 1800w running for a few hours...temps were 25C...I think thats about 80F. Your right about adding a few levels though...I mean I wouldn't really see it as a waste of light...but it definately would be utilized better with more plants.

When I start flowering in the room I'll pull my plant outta the backyard n' use the 600w on it until I "revamp"... heh heh... my tubes for the next run...more levels...more plants.

5th

Veteran
don't do it unless you can keep the temps under control... I think you should add a few levels if ur gonna go that route though.

Best part about this thing being PVC is its all plug n' play easy shit. I've another tier of tube drilled, levelled, and glued sitting in the garage waiting for the next run.

Sticking my new veg chamber in my flowering room was just plain fuckin' stupid. Can't play golf until spring...so I have fuck all to do from 8am till 8pm...hindsight...yadda yadda...

Ah right, so today is the first day of flower...and what a shit show it'll be. 32 Headband, 8 Sour Diesel, 2 Plan "B", 2 Grapefruit...and 9 Mach 3 autoflower...(stop hatin' bitches)...

Right side lookin' in. All HB 'cept for left 4 middle tube, M3
Left side lookin' in. HB on the bottom, middle tube is 2 Grapefruit, 2 Plan "B", then the 8 Sour D.
Thats the door, 5 M3's stuck in there.
Had 3 Plan "B" in there until yesterday...took this young lady out n' she went directly to jail. The exercise yard is big 'nuff for her to stretch her legs n' make cuts for the next run in December.

Getting rid of so called "preem" genetics today...other then the HB nothing else I used cloned worth a shit. Clone strike rate with my "aero" cloner was 35/35 with the HB, 8/33 for SD, 1/35 for Grapefruit...1?...are you fucking kidding me? Garbage...

I'm not really thinking of it as a wasted cycle...more a learning experience. It's like I promoted a concert with Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Metallica...and none of them showed up. Should have just stuck with Trooper...all show without the hype.

With temps at night going down to freezing, I pulled my old mom in from the backyard. Might as well give her some nutes n' see what happens.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uhh you putting anything behind those tubes to reflect the light back or is that wall just painted white?

5th

Veteran
I've got more panda paper I was gonna put on to cover it. Just being lazy is all.

5th

Veteran
Beer n' bowl loads always get the best of me...

So here's last week...

Heres last night...

Here's later last night after the afore mentioned beers n' bowls...

Tossed the Mach 3's, didn't even get to sex them...just wanted the room to move the girls around before they become root bound. Being as I'm running at half full, I'ma wait another week before doing any trimming. Just figured since I've got the room, I don't need to go single cola style this time.

The miticide I ordered still hasn't showed up yet...so I'm just squishing the fuckers inbetween my fingers...obviously its not helping...but it makes me feel better about life in general.

Seeds finally came in...thinking of making another cab to start growing them out.

5th

Veteran
We can consider this project officially over effective immediately, Headband clones are from a male...fem seeds my ass...lol...headband x sour d? fuck all that...

vangaurd

Damn man, ok time to regroup! Get yourself some good genetic seeds and grow your own mother! Start your strains from scratch that way you know EXACTLY what you have. This freakin sucks ass!

5th

Veteran
Cracked two fem'd Northern Lights x Big Bud, two days of germ puttem in peat pucks last night. Started soaking two more last night. Hoping they crack for peat pucks on Sunday. Soaking two more on Sunday hoping they can go into pucks middle of next week. As soon as they can be topped, they will.

Going to pick the most vibrant for my mom but cut clones along the way to serve as donors for clone time.

I'm trying to be positive about this...a lil' room redesign...no fucking mites to worry about...I think it's good.

Stay cool vangaurd.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
NL x BB is an old time good smoke and yielder was a staple for many growers back on Overgrow.

Sorry to hear about the clones dude, onwards and upwards :)

bobblehead

Veteran
Cracked two fem'd Northern Lights x Big Bud, two days of germ puttem in peat pucks last night. Started soaking two more last night. Hoping they crack for peat pucks on Sunday. Soaking two more on Sunday hoping they can go into pucks middle of next week. As soon as they can be topped, they will.

Going to pick the most vibrant for my mom but cut clones along the way to serve as donors for clone time.

I'm trying to be positive about this...a lil' room redesign...no fucking mites to worry about...I think it's good.

Stay cool vangaurd.

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion... b/c I don't want to see you having the same problem you just had with the sexing...

Pop your seeds, and clone them ASAP... not too soon obviously, but you should be able to clone them before they show sex. Once you have clones of everything, put the moms into flower. Just do a simple weed donut w/ plants on the floor. You can leave your tubes in place, but maybe put some screen on them to train the plants up into...

You'll be able to completely flower the plants and see how they perform. While this is happening, at the same time your clones are vegging, and you're training them and taking more cuts are getting them ready to take more cuts... Then you put the clones of the keeper in your tubes... and proceed as planned.

I've done several grows before my racks.... and I have plenty of solid mothers available to me. If you don't do it right, you could find what you think is a female, is a hermaphrodite in weeks 2-6 of flower.... or find out that the yield sucks... or lacks potency... etc...

I'm a little confused about the headband being a boy... my "headband" aka "original diesel" is an elite clone. Were these femmed seeds or something?

Anyway, good luck to you. :tiphat:

5th

Veteran
I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion...

I'm a little confused about the headband being a boy... my "headband" aka "original diesel" is an elite clone. Were these femmed seeds or something?

Anyway, good luck to you. :tiphat:

I'm all about suggestions, yours like everyone else's is always welcome. The way you have it mapped out there is exactly what I plan on doing.

As far as the headband...it's just another seed selling company that hypes its "one of a kind special strain" due to "years of research and many crosses to deliver a yield superior or equal" to its stolen namesake...my grow buddy has a thing for fast expensive cars, women, n' seeds...he gets screwed by all of them usually. Never cloned a male before...all things being said...fuckers took extremely well...

@~Shhh~, yeah man, before I joined up on this site I was on a few others, (not OG, way before my time) BB was great to watch grow...seems almost idiot proof...so not only is that right up my alley...its the only "genetics" I have that aren't sativa's. (more fukn' Haze strains then I can shake a stick at, saving those for next years outdoor season) Your right about onwards n' upwards bro, I think of it more like "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things"

St3ve

Man that blows for sure.. :( what a let down.

Soo... I thought that it wasn't a good idea to use feminized seeds when looking for a mother? Isn't it supposed to up the chance of herms in the genes down the road?

5th

Veteran
Soo... I thought that it wasn't a good idea to use feminized seeds when looking for a mother? Isn't it supposed to up the chance of herms in the genes down the road?

You might be right bro....and since I ordered these seeds from the same place the other guy got his...lol...I'd say the chances are pretty high I'm just using regular seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts