What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

tejashidrow

THAAAANKS KOMRADE!!!!:thank you:
Now i have to decide WICH maxi bloom to give MaMa !!!:dance013::jump::laughing:

A question... When adding the DRY koolbloom at close to end of run, are you adding it TO maxi bloom or JUST useing koolbloom by its self??? THANKS pax

tejashidrow

I have been useing the lucas formula for ever!! GH 3part, PBP, AND FNB tried them all with excellent luck!!!
I am now on day 30 in my 400 box growing Napalese Jam, and HBK
following lucas W/ FNB.
I have JUST enough FNB to finish out this run, then its off to MAXI BLOOM land!!!!:laughing::jump:

Attachments

• 400 box40 017.jpg
    400 box40 017.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 400 box40 023.jpg
    400 box40 023.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 63

Ioni Botani

Damn. This thread is a hit! Its been like a week and it's already to page 6...wow.

GUESS FOLKS LIKE TO KEEP IT SIMPLE! ;)

I believe the Kool Bloom powder is added to the water WITH the Maxi for the last blast...then you pH.
THEN 7-14 days straight tap water. (The MORE the BETTER!)

^^^^^^Lordy, anybody see that FUCKING BOWL of weed up there ^^^^^^

+Rep to THAT guy. Shit..

-Io

would it be detrimental to switch from CES nutrients (also in a Lucas formula) to the Maxibloom? Or would it really be in my best interest? Any need to worry about cal-mag and coco (doesn't seem so)....

Thanks!

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOLY SHIT!!!

^^^^^^Lordy, anybody see that FUCKING BOWL of weed up there ^^^^^^

heheh - yah, I get that - whenever I open the door, "What the hell is that" still crosses my mind

I think I've got to add a bit of a caveat - this is my 2nd attempt at hydro, and I still only vaguely have an idea of what I'm doing. I've overfed trying to find a plants ceiling, a couple of plants threw hissy fits over the PH and didn't uptake what was there for the uptakin'...etc.

The nice thing is, even with the learning curve tortures I've submitted them to, it didn't take much to correct from them. I've changed the res twice, and only once was on purpose (yah. hurray for floor drains.) - just fiddling with things during the addback to bring the nute juice in line has worked so far.

Again, not really speaking from vast experience specifically, but generally...the less variables, the easier the variables are to maintain.

Ioni Botani

heheh - yah, I get that - whenever I open the door, "What the hell is that" still crosses my mind

Again, not really speaking from vast experience specifically, but generally...the less variables, the easier the variables are to maintain.

Yes indeed. I think if anyone can dial in with Maxi....THEN they should move on to trying 20 bottles. If you can't get great results with simplicity, good luck with anything else!

NOT THAT I SUGGEST WASTING YOUR MONEY....

;)

danks

a 1-1-3 gmb ratio for advanced or gh would give you 7-15-19 just a tad more nitrogen wich can be easily brought down and a tad more k wich alot of companies are doing k boosters like shooting powder house and garden and rhino skin advanced and so on.if you drop the grow the ratio would be 1-3 mb and the npk would be 5-14-13 just incase some of you guys got a bunch of liquid gh and dont want to waste it before buying some maxi bloom. btw what ppms are you guys feeding the maxibloom and what are you averaging per 1000w light.

E

emerald city

ordered my maxi from the local hydro store 2 weeks ago "yah sure mannn-know problem"The store keeper says "why you no want the good a AN n line we got?"...Finally after calling back repeatedly and asking if it was in yet,they said they will carry the brand."we will have it for you by wednessday at noon mon"......Try getting this stuff locally aint all that easy....but ill give her a try come thursday and join kiss movement..

toohighmf

Veteran
Much respect to finding this. I'll have to try it out.

With other K.I.S.S methods in mind, should anybody be interested.

Botanicare PBP soil
Hydrodynamics Ionic (hardwater if you don't have a ro filter)
Floranova

I say this because I've had problems using the lucas formula before. I followed it to the T and had deficiencies. In its defense, it could have been bad coco, but when I switched to PBP soil mid run, things came back to normal.

I too have had defics running straight lucas, and burned other varieties all the same. great for 50/50 hybrids though the PPM is High. I ran 6/12 with better results and now run 6/9 w adds.

I love ionic, but its hard to find here and it is a little spendy.
Don't forget that there are nursery fertilizers like
Jacks
Peter's
Shultz
dynabloom

and tons of others online that are great ferts for a fraction of the price. Who needs the hydro store ferts? its where all the money is made! trust me. I'm an ex retailer and fert rep. I got pretty rich off AN :thank you:

read some of shroom dr & carl Carlsons posts about good cheap ferts:tiphat:

down2grow

I too have had defics running straight lucas, and burned other varieties all the same. great for 50/50 hybrids though the PPM is High. I ran 6/12 with better results and now run 6/9 w adds.

I love ionic, but its hard to find here and it is a little spendy.
Don't forget that there are nursery fertilizers like
Jacks
Peter's
Shultz
dynabloom

and tons of others online that are great ferts for a fraction of the price. Who needs the hydro store ferts? its where all the money is made! trust me. I'm an ex retailer and fert rep. I got pretty rich off AN :thank you:

read some of shroom dr & carl Carlsons posts about good cheap ferts:tiphat:

Toohigh,

I'm not sure if you missed it, but earlier in the thread somebody asked you if Dynabloom would work as a one part. At what rates per gallon? I can also get Ionic where I'm at too. I'm about to try a kiss method with either Ionic(hardwater), Maxibloom or Dyna.

D2G

i like to start with a storebought soil, add perlite n dolimite lime powder. when the plants need food i feed them, nutes really dont matter, floranova bloom, lucas 6/9, peters, etc etc. its all pretty much the same. start with a nice medium, feed the bare minimum to keep them juiced up and give them a flush at the end. erb is very easy to grow in dirt with chems added only when needed, u might only feed 3 times for an entire grow. nutes are pretty much free also when your needs are so low, stores give out samples, garages have nutes unused in most homes, freinds will easily give up a tablespoon of nutes to a freind of some bomb shit they have like A.N or something, thats my needs met for life. i just buy soil and skip the nute nonsense for the most part

Ioni Botani

Sorry to impede guys, but this is kinda turning into a "What do you do with Lucas" thread....I understand the need to rant myself.....however this is sorta the "One Part Nute O-rama" of all threads....don't mean to be a dick....just gotts ta regulate on this mother before its too late.
All input has been greatly appreciated, however! Always nice to get new info on what people are doing out there!
Anybody else doing some extremely clever shit with a simple feeding schedule?
(Preferably one part nutes....)

down2grow

Ok I took the dive and bought some Maxibloom at the shop today along with a Bluelab EC Truncheon and an alkalinity pond tester. My tap water quality from the truncheon is lighting up in between .2-.4 EC, 100-200 on the ppm(ecx500), and 140-280(ecx700). The pond kit read in between 40-80ppm alkalinity. PH is at 7.7. I think my water is good to go. Gonna try tap with Maxi on two girls. Will post results!

D2G

ibjamming

Veteran
Ok I took the dive and bought some Maxibloom at the shop today along with a Bluelab EC Truncheon and an alkalinity pond tester. My tap water quality from the truncheon is lighting up in between .2-.4 EC, 100-200 on the ppm(ecx500), and 140-280(ecx700). The pond kit read in between 40-80ppm alkalinity. PH is at 7.7. I think my water is good to go. Gonna try tap with Maxi on two girls. Will post results!

D2G

I've used Maxibloom...good shit...and easy.

you've got good water. That's a good hardness so you probably...maybe...won't need supplemental CA/MG. And the nutes will probably bring your pH down to a good level without any added ph down. You're lucky.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
What about the possiblity of avoiding pH issues with the addition of Dolo?

I use LC's with bone/blood/ewc and Dolo to buffer my shitty tap(which I bubble).

My tap is high (9+), so it's seems that the KB would play well for my situation anyway.

Thoughts?

I also hear alot of old-timers rave about DynaGro/Bloom, so I too would like to hear toohighmf's input on that.

TIA

SSM :joint:

down2grow

I've used Maxibloom...good shit...and easy.

you've got good water. That's a good hardness so you probably...maybe...won't need supplemental CA/MG. And the nutes will probably bring your pH down to a good level without any added ph down. You're lucky.

That's great news bro! From a 7.7 PH it went down to 5.8 exact after one tsp/gallon. EC was up at 1.6 though so I'm thinking it might be a little hot for veg plants. I'll look for tip burns and will lower it to 1.2-1.4 next feeding.

D2G

Marco61

Beautiful idea for a thread. I see so many new growers dishing out hundreds of $'s for nute lines and equipment they don't need. Growing good herb for personal consumption can be done on a budget easily. The only people who need to be spending top dollar is commercial ops who need to pay out the ying yang for ventilation.

Latest posts

Latest posts