What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical growing.........maxing out your light!

full time daddy
Veteran
Dr.Feelgood said:
Well...I'm trying to figure out what the dimensions correspond to. If "c" equals "circumference", then you wouldn't need to factor pi. You would just take the circumference of the inside of the coli and multiply that by the height.

So did the friend's wife enjoy being a Duck? I'm considering moving to Eugene in a few years.

yes c = circumference

c x h =
49x16=784/144=5.4/1000=185 per sqfoot???????????

i think your thinking dia........??????

d x h = sq inch's

c x pi = d :yoinks: ??????

its been o most 10 yr's cents i been in a math class.....
a stoner 10 yrs at that......

all aske her today if she liked it............

full time daddy
Veteran
Fernandro said:
holy shit, i just wanted to say im super impressed with you guys and this style of growing. i've ALWAYS wanted to take a shot at verticle growing. im envious!!! j/k

h3ad, that's amazing. good grief!

i seen a guy at "freecannabus.com" do it with soil....... made shelfs n stacked them i neva seen the out come but would lov to...
all try to pm him n see if i can get him to add in a lil........

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
00420 you just keep amazing me. Nice work. These coli's I think I could do. The omega gardens just never appealed to me. Too many metal parts. Keep up the good work teacher.

GreatLakes THC :wave:

G

00420, I was thinking about buying one of those light meters and measuring the light in the outter edges close to the clones throughout the 60 or so days of flowering. Was wondering if the bulbs drop off that much as the life of them gets older. That's another one to think about. Lolllll, I usally change my bulbs every two grows, but three max. Had a guy in town that was getting me good deals on 600HPS. Never went pass 6 months, but would pull them about 4 months noramlly. Glad to see we got a space for these types of grows. Its going to be fun seeing what we can really do with these Mini unts. I've been stoked ever since i bought the first 120 unit and place it in storage. Can't wait. Keep up the great job and will see some awesome buds.
Take care

G

nice thread,,,,, glad to see more vert growers here..... here is just a few pics from the cage i have many more in my gallery...

G

Hey Draw, what is the strain in picture number 1? I like the bud to leaf ratio. Man, that's a super nice cola you got. By the way, do you like the cage? If you don't mind. What do and what don't you like about your cage. Thanks for sharing your pictures and info with us.
Take care

G

GDW.......the f1st pic was big buddha cheese and same as the 2nd.....below are some more BBC pics from the cage...... i luv almost everything about the cage......i use reuseable zip ties to hold up heavy buds,, which is nice,,, its best to use a light tude to prevent burning and excessive heat in the summer..... if i could change one thing it would to change the rez from 4ft to 5ft so the 12 tubes would be spaced apart a little more.... th0 i really like the fact that 72 plants can be compact into such a small space...... really great yeilds once the cage is perfected.... replanting one Tube (6plants) takes less then 10 minutes.

guineapig

Veteran
drawOH those pics look lovely.....that cola looks so close to your vertical light-tube!!
is light burn possible? not from the looks of it.....

vertical mounting the bulb is so much more efficient than horizontal mounting.....i think it gives better results when all is considered.....thanks for the pics!!! -kind regards, guineapig :wave:

G

Very nice 420
Great garden.. Once you get all organized and cleaned up in there it will be a clean setup.. Not that its not now, Cos it doing what its supposed to do.. And that grow weed. Anyhow how deep do the pockets have to be to get a cage?? Draw i forgot you had one.. Ill talk to ya more about it in chat peace..Anyhow great work 420.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
LQQK see.. All threads new updates on 11/01/05
Sack's Bubbledust Outdoor Grow
Sack's Cappuccino OD Grow
Sack's Limon OD Grow

sack :friends: :canabis: :

full time daddy
Veteran
GreatLakes THC said:
00420 you just keep amazing me. Nice work. These coli's I think I could do. The omega gardens just never appealed to me. Too many metal parts. Keep up the good work teacher.

GreatLakes THC :wave:

thx....thc

i neva really like the omega's either but would lov to see someone post on it to see the out come... it just dont look like enuff room?????

GoldDustWomen
00420, I was thinking about buying one of those light meters and measuring the light in the outter edges close to the clones throughout the 60 or so days of flowering. Was wondering if the bulbs drop off that much as the life of them gets older. That's another one to think about. Lolllll, I usally change my bulbs every two grows, but three max. Had a guy in town that was getting me good deals on 600HPS. Never went pass 6 months, but would pull them about 4 months noramlly. Glad to see we got a space for these types of grows. Its going to be fun seeing what we can really do with these Mini unts. I've been stoked ever since i bought the first 120 unit and place it in storage. Can't wait. Keep up the great job and will see some awesome buds.
Take care

yes...... aerocanna posted a nice one on the aeroponic thread..
i would lov to see that.. thers got to be a cut off sumwhere... ;)

i run my 600 tell i start seeing shadie spots on the back side i was thinking about mylaring the inside as welll.......

DrawoH
nice thread,,,,, glad to see more vert growers here..... here is just a few pics from the cage i have many more in my gallery...
the f1st pic was big buddha cheese and same as the 2nd.....below are some more BBC pics from the cage...... i luv almost everything about the cage......i use reuseable zip ties to hold up heavy buds,, which is nice,,, its best to use a light tude to prevent burning and excessive heat in the summer..... if i could change one thing it would to change the rez from 4ft to 5ft so the 12 tubes would be spaced apart a little more.... th0 i really like the fact that 72 plants can be compact into such a small space...... really great yeilds once the cage is perfected.... replanting one Tube (6plants) takes less then 10 minutes.

nice looking bud's brotha.....
your only dis like about the cage "change the rez from 4ft to 5ft so " is that its 2 small was the only reazon i went with the coli... becuz of this i would have had to buy new lights .....

guineapig drawOH those pics look lovely.....that cola looks so close to your vertical light-tube!!
is light burn possible? not from the looks of it.....

guineapig
drawOH those pics look lovely.....that cola looks so close to your vertical light-tube!!
is light burn possible? not from the looks of it..... vertical mounting the bulb is so much more efficient than horizontal mounting.....i think it gives better results when all is considered.....thanks for the pics!!! -kind regards, guineapig
yes u can get very close with a cooltube yes burn is possaibl.... i did it last grow i had to tie back plants ( with out cooltube that is... now that i have 1 i hope not......

sackoweed
Very nice 420
Great garden.. Once you get all organized and cleaned up in there it will be a clean setup.. Not that its not now, Cos it doing what its supposed to do.. And that grow weed. Anyhow how deep do the pockets have to be to get a cage?? Draw i forgot you had one.. Ill talk to ya more about it in chat peace..Anyhow great work 420.. peace..

if ya buy one i think there 1500??? plus shipping
the coli will run ya about 700 plus shipping.........

then ya got to add pumps netcups cooltubes ect........

for this room right here will run u about 2000
thats with everything wood screws pumps tri-meter cooltube light ducting buckets nutes ect......

G

thanx for the kind words GP,, the plants only get burned if they lay on the tube next to the bulb all day.... a couple hours will not do any harm..

sack0.. the cage itself with pump is about 1500+,,, i really like the grow cube as well....the cube is 144 site and uses 2 x 1000w bulbs.....and if u put a 4x4 tray on the bottom you can add 36 nice size plants....

00420 i like the coli aswell,, but the larger coli's can be a big pain in the ass,,,, you look to have the perfect sizes coli imho... actually the coil has less space in between sites the the cage does... i would increase the cage to 5 ft for more side spacing ... the interior spacing is good.... (just thought i'd clairify what i wrote). thats for starting this thread..... i'll be looking for your updates

full time daddy
Veteran
DrawoH said:
thanx for the kind words GP,, the plants only get burned if they lay on the tube next to the bulb all day.... a couple hours will not do any harm..

sack0.. the cage itself with pump is about 1500+,,, i really like the grow cube as well....the cube is 144 site and uses 2 x 1000w bulbs.....and if u put a 4x4 tray on the bottom you can add 36 nice size plants....

00420 i like the coli aswell,, but the larger coli's can be a big pain in the ass,,,, you look to have the perfect sizes coli imho... actually the coil has less space in between sites the the cage does... i would increase the cage to 5 ft for more side spacing ... the interior spacing is good.... (just thought i'd clairify what i wrote). thats for starting this thread..... i'll be looking for your updates

Last edited:
G

im running 3 x 400hps yeilds between 2lbs - 5lbs..... depending on strain...

Dr.Feelgood

00420: I took another look at that setup and there's no way that your circumference is 49". Where'd ya get that figure from? Because all you need to do to figure out the area is take the inside circumference and multiply it by the height (16"), then divide by 12 and you have your square feet. It's the same as width x height.

full time daddy
Veteran
Dr.Feelgood said:
00420: I took another look at that setup and there's no way that your circumference is 49". Where'd ya get that figure from? Because all you need to do to figure out the area is take the inside circumference and multiply it by the height (16"), then divide by 12 and you have your square feet. It's the same as width x height.

feel good im sry i had it wrong....... i had d & c mixxed up

it works out to the same ..............

d x pi = c
c/144=sqf

i just had the wrong letter's in there....

49"=dia
dia x pi = c
16"=h
h x c = sqf
the reason i brought pi in was to get c from dia...... man i learnd sumthing in high school!!!!!! wOw hoooooooooooooooo! oO(other then theres 8 8ths in a oz 16 oz in a pound!)

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
2168thxgiving_1.JPG

Last edited:

mpro

Show that one on fox's best busts or whatever the hell that propaganda shit is. Glad to see you guys have everything in order.

Wish I could just pay the government $500 a year or something to grow. They could use the money to pay school teachers. Or whatever the years hotbutton issue is.

G

yep

they got their asses chapped over here too not too long ago almost cut my beds down. i was freaking out running around the house with 12 scripts in my hand saying "YOU ARE TRESPASSING LEAVE MY PROPERTY OR FACE CHARGES!!!"

Luckily everything is still reaching for the light.

G

well glad to hear they left you alone, strictly.

thats a very impressive setup 00420, and howard.

G

00420 ...champagne?!?!?!?! :yoinks: can't wait for this to come into maturity, haven't seen or heard of champagne in years! Nice! (hehe the other's kinda trump it, i really like the sound and look of grape ape and your lovechild the rainbow haze, good look..)
:respect:
happy to hear they left you alone after all the bullshit. Strictly Purps, same to you, good to hear they didn't get violent and choppity chop. So sorry guys, that must be the pits for you and your families, i feel your pain and hope they learned their lesson this time :nono: LOL get the heat out...... :bigeye:
cj