What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spinner Room "Slackers Lab-or-a-tory"

A

ANOMOS

you are very clever, this is all amazing.

have you thought about/ or are you using a APC backup for your computer?

i would like to know the details of what hooks up to your computer,
i want to be able to do a smaller scale of this for when im out of town. mainly the watering, and breaking it into two watering amounts like you have for clones and then your bigger plants.

S

slackerbri

I rock a huge APC which will last over an hour easy and then when that dies the laptop battery will last for aprox. 4 hours.

PM for specifics.

Thanks

hoppjah

Awesome setup. I'm a computer guy myself, this setup sounds ideal for someone like me. Looks like it's fun to setup/run. I'll have to look into something like this when i build my next setup.

Will be checking back regularly, great job man.

Left.Brain

Very nice garden!
I'd like to see details of your automation setup.
I've been researching these systems.
What are your thoughts on some of the commercially available systems (growtronix, intellidose, green air, ect..) ??
There are some huge differences in price between systems.
Growtronix system looks pretty slick.

G

guest5703

damn slacker where have I been!!! Looks like you have one of the most technological growrooms here at IC!! Every things looking sweet bro, can't wait to see some budshots, love the C99 you have too reminds me of the cut I run but more sativa-ish. I'm guessing that's the C99 you got from Ape yea?? Keep up the killer and smart work bro! PEACE

S

slackerbri

reconstruction

reconstruction

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long but there has been a lot going on, not all good but not all bad. I had to pull the entire area down and apart but I'm deep in thought and about to be hard at work on some new construction. I'll be rockin' the automation, a few different lights and a few other things that have been running thru my dome.

Anyway check back in about 2 weeks and I'll have something to show, a work in progress.

S

slackerbri

wow an update, finally

wow an update, finally

Whats up everyone?' Sorry for the lag on getting to posting but I am getting my shit together and its taking way longer then expected. I wont be running a spinner for a while but I could see it happening eventually. I did get some flood tables, a few tents, more automation nick-knacks, some coco, some soil, a bunch of different bulbs, etc.

I got some things up and going now but honestly its sloppy, ugly and somewhat demoralizing when you look at it unless you are doing something about it so with that said I am getting back to work, stop back soon.

S

slackerbri

no, we aint lettin you off that easy man! what ya runnin in there now?

In that picture we've got Grape Romulan, G-13/WIDOW, ECSD, Larry OG, The HA cut, and Chem-91.

I plan on keeping a few as moms but will flower out a few as well. I also have a couple more not in the pics that I'll show soon, some in soil, some in coco and soon in hydro. I plan on adding to the family over the next few days/weeks as well depending on who's around.

S

slackerbri

grape romulan mom

grape romulan mom

Hello anyone whos looking at this still and thanks for checking in.

I've been gearing up to get a cycle or two going, here is a picture of my Grape Romulan mother who is about to give birth.

Thanks for stopping in.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that grape rom that grow tech did was tastee as hell. wish i had room to run her. things lookin good bro!
EDIT: i have given out too much rep in last 24 hrs.......

S

slackerbri

GT did do an amazing job with her, I have a nug he grew out stashed away in a jar as an example. My girl there and GT's came from the same mom so as long as I treat her right I think she should do well.

I'm contemplating a ScrOG with her as she seems flexible enough and will develop a solid root system in a smaller container in a short time. I'm thinking of a 3x3 tray of them in 4"-deep square pots with coco on top of a 1/2"-1" layer of hydroton in the bottom of each pot, flooded at least daily under a 400w.

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

motofox16

heyy slacker. I love the set up you have going here. I actually got pretty inspired by the computer side of things and tried setting up a webcam and computer in my grow room only to fail pretty hard because of the frequency? of the lights makes the large shaded columns down the screen. Also what kind of programs were you using to monitor all of your temp/co2 controls. I have looked for some type of USB CO2 sensor but they seem pretty hard to come by. I still have yet to find a good one. The program you have displayed on your computer system looks very nice and upfront. Also i know you have it wired onto your iphone i thought i saw. I too have an iphone and although its not a big deal i was wondering if you could explain the procedures to that also. Thanks in advance for the info :) :joint::woohoo:

heyy slacker. I love the set up you have going here. I actually got pretty inspired by the computer side of things and tried setting up a webcam and computer in my grow room only to fail pretty hard because of the frequency? of the lights makes the large shaded columns down the screen. Also what kind of programs were you using to monitor all of your temp/co2 controls. I have looked for some type of USB CO2 sensor but they seem pretty hard to come by. I still have yet to find a good one. The program you have displayed on your computer system looks very nice and upfront. Also i know you have it wired onto your iphone i thought i saw. I too have an iphone and although its not a big deal i was wondering if you could explain the procedures to that also. Thanks in advance for the info :) :joint::woohoo:

Hi Motofox,

Sorry for taking almost 9 years to reply, Johnny Law had plans for my grow and that kinda put ICmag on the back burner. I got out alive but cut way the hell down morale and money wise. All the work on that PC is gone but I'm working on something newer and hopefully better.

The camera thing was a bitch though, it was all about placement in relationship to ballasts and finding a unit that would work. That problem is way solved though, I'm planning on also making that much cleaner when done.

So, I'm not sure if to keep this thread open or start from scratch. Having the same handle on here but with the different rep is a little weird.