What's new

best of the micro dwarf 45 day auto?

nordsman

Thinking of trying autos in a mega garden setup under some t5's. ...what's the current stats on the micro dwarf 45 day varieties.? Needs to be micro dwarf and not git big.

What's the best for that type setup?

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Talk with airbud he's the auto man seriously.hes very helpful, and also has some gear on the bay. I have been wanted to grab some of his stuff my self I just been very busy. Go under seed bay prvt forums and check out after thoughts autos hope this helps

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Breeders are misrepresenting harvest time if touted as "45 day" autos. 60 days at the very least!

T5's work well (2 or 4ft long, dual tubes) in confined (small) spaces.

nordsman

Yes I get the actual days to harvest is closer to 60..

I'm curious if the smallest fastest of the autos has been improved or are they just making them bigger and take longer.?
. which imo completely defeats the purpose of autos save for outdoor growing in the far north or far south.

Looking for autos that will stay under 18 inches say.
Seems like they get alot bigger than advertised as well.

Shouldn't a true autoflower just grow to a size and not to an age.? Like with the giant autos done in deepwater culture. Shouldn't they just finish faster as opposed to getting bigger?? This is how other plants react such as determinate tomatoes.

I want to dry real dwarfs in hydro but not have them outgrow the space.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I get the actual days to harvest is closer to 60..

I'm curious if the smallest fastest of the autos has been improved or are they just making them bigger and take longer.?
. which imo completely defeats the purpose of autos save for outdoor growing in the far north or far south.

Looking for autos that will stay under 18 inches say.
Seems like they get alot bigger than advertised as well.

Shouldn't a true autoflower just grow to a size and not to an age.? Like with the giant autos done in deepwater culture. Shouldn't they just finish faster as opposed to getting bigger?? This is how other plants react such as determinate tomatoes.

I want to dry real dwarfs in hydro but not have them outgrow the space.

Larger autos, our opinion, are semi autos. Yes, we can grow a photoperiod (Hybrids from Hell genetics) for instances as long as 'super autos', taking 100-110 days.

And yes, majority of breeders hedge on height, yield. When we mention our strains, we under report, so depending on grow techniques you can easily supersede what we state....not inflationary to get folks to purchase.

Mephisto says 55 days...well that 55 days turned into 72 days overall....ran em a few times. Great strain, but debatable as far as seed to harvest stats.

nordsman

Thanks for the info ..but seeing how everything is relative..nothing matters until you try growing said strains for yourself..making most info completely useless..but it does give you a few baselines.

Guess it's best to start small and go up from there.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info ..but seeing how everything is relative..nothing matters until you try growing said strains for yourself..making most info completely useless..but it does give you a few baselines.

Guess it's best to start small and go up from there.

Yep, enjoy the grow experience.

Ollie

Veteran
Mephisto has expanded there line-up a bit and the new seems to be 65-75 days se.

But they do still have 60-65 days plants, especially the Sour Crack.

Environmental variation is also to be taking into consideration, which can easy give/take a weeks time.

But seems like the most optimal from an auto (as per current lines) in terms of potency, yield and ripeness that a 65-75 day is the current optimum for autos and as You say arid there is the ones going 75+/85+ days.

Its all about what suits ones needs.

BLess all

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just so you know our dates are always sprout to harvest so you can add a couple on.

Commercially @55 for us was do-able, indoor with transplant on 18/6 start to finish under hps.

Lots of factors to consider though, there's definitely been some grow journals where they harvested within 60 days.

Usually we put a 10 day window 55-65 days for example.

Under 24 hours of light, different types of lighting, bigger pots from the start with no transplant, and being outdoors can certainly add time, even weeks to the dates provided.

Cheers :)