What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newsflash: Corporate MMJ market hand-off in California in full effect

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Thats right boys, grab your ankles youre about to be fucked by the long hard dick of the law.

No article, just google AB 266. The fun will soon be over for Califronia mmj if this (extremely popular amongst lawmakers) bill becomes law.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd warn all the medical people in California they already passed this shit in Washington. They've already closed 90% of the dispensaries up here. I'd get organized and start fighting now or it will be too late.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
wtf man its always something .why cant people just do their thing in peace

who does this benefit anyway?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
wtf man its always something .why cant people just do their thing in peace

who does this benefit anyway?

It benefits the government who feels comfortable sinking their teeth into us now that they aren't the only state with laws on the books.

Ab266 sits before the governors desk, when he signs it into law Prop 215 is officially repealed and replaced by their highly restrictive, highly expensive market entry permits and pages and pages of regulations. Oh, and your seed stash? They are now all counted individually as live plants.

California has one shot at redemption, CCHI 2016, if that doesnt pass get ready to be fucked.

B

Bob Green

Oh, and your seed stash? They are now all counted individually as live plants.

California has one shot at redemption, CCHI 2016, if that doesnt pass get ready to be fucked.

Holy shit wtf? Seeds count as plants?

Sounds like this shit will never end. Hopefully it gets shot down but...

Total bullshit!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
No its here, we didnt vote on it our elected officials did. 160 days into January next year this becomes law law, on the books, new fines, brand new rules we are breaking in our daily lives.

Edit; but really its not though (yet). Its ugly.. A complete 180 for CA.

sdd420

Veteran
:tiphat:Let's just bypass that bullshit and pass the legalization bill instead. 2016 is a big opportunity for us lets do it for everyone ! Peace sdd

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If this is true, this will be a great step backward for us home growers. I will read up but it seems to say you are a criminal if you grow for yourself or something. Shit!

Well I tried to read some of that boring crap and what I gleaned is they will regulate sellers of medical pot real tight like Colorado. I hope they leave the non sellers the hell alone but I know government is loath to leave anyone alone, that is if they can tax them or control them to their advantage.

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Sounds like the money men have gotten deep into the pockets of the Cali Democratic party.

Cannavore

Veteran
we need a market for cannabis in the same way there is a craft beer market. i truly think that is the best approach in a legalized environment.

O

Oakhills

Looks like it would become law in January 2016, full effect mid July, 2016. I hope cities and counties will still be able to relax the code enforcements like some places do.

Last edited:

oceangrownkush

Veteran
It said in the bill 160 days into 2016. They gutted the whole bill but still passed it... Because we can't be mad about what we can't read, right? But the Governors language will mirror the original bill, count on it.. Doesnt seem very democratic, passing a blank bill onto a single office to redraft and pass... Coincidentally right around when the community you're trying to regulate out of existence makes a fuss..

We need to demand to be treated as agricultural producers like Tobacco farmers. We don't tax farmers in America.. Much less medicine farmers!! Then again none of this looks very American..

Edit; Didnt fact check myself, fuck a Tobacco mirroring. Shame on me for regurgitating info without knowing for sure it was correct.