What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about cell phone photos

Happy Times

So I was wondering, when we upload pictures taken on cell phones, is the location info stripped out? I know that my iPhone 6 has imbedded location data in the pictures

Chappi

So I was wondering, when we upload pictures taken on cell phones, is the location info stripped out? I know that my iPhone 6 has imbedded location data in the pictures

Go to Privacy-Location services-photos-allow location access-switch to NEVER.

:tiphat:

Happy Times

Where is the first link- “privacy” at? Looked in “my IC” and “user menu” but not seeing it. Thanks for the help!

Chappi

Go to settings first. Then “privacy” has a little blue hand icon. Click on that.

Then click “locations services” should be the first thing on the list.

Then scroll down untill you see the photos icon, click on that. You will have two options. Choose “never”

Chappi

These are the setting on your iphone....it will not apply to pictures already taken before you turned the setting to never.

I have a feeling you think these setting are set here on the forums and that is not the case.