What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First outdoor season

Alliknowisgrow

Got 48 300 gallon smartpots. Transplanted yesterday from my 2 gallon pots and gave them a half gallon of water each with some b1. Today got side tracked and didnt get out there till 7 pm to check on them and were extremely dried out and some wilting, gave them a gallon each and they perked back up but still upsetting. Never done such a big pot before, how quickly do you guys up your watering?

Didnt want to overdue it so i under did it😩

Any other tips would be great. Not a newbie to growing and have done half an outdoor season but not start to finish. Got candyland, plat. Cookies, purps, pure kush, tahoe og, sour d, alaskan thunderfuck, pineapple express, big frost, a couple medi haze, a couple OG kushes, looking forward to a good season hopefully. Wish me luck!

corky1968

Veteran
I've never tried these huge pots. Just Googled them and they do look cool.

If the pots are 300 gallons your going to have to give them a lot
more water than 1/2 gallon. I would try 5 gallons each the next
time you water.

Like you have 300 gallons of soil. I bet even 5 gallons isn't much.
When I transplant outdoors I even mist my plants heavily in the
early morning or at night to make sure they are hydrated. Never
do this at midday though.

Alliknowisgrow

Haha i was just looking for opinions foothill, i know im going to need to up the watering but the day after transplant am weary of giving a plant 5 gallons of water that was only getting a half gallon a day before in the 2 gallon because overwatering is just as damaging as underwatering. , thanks for the input though. Thanks corky for your input