What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Why Is ICMag Helpful Thread!

rockymountainJ

Just a shout out to Ic members, supporters, vendors, frequents, and lurkers. Good information here, and great people. I've overcome much from reading everyone's stuff.
Time to share story's of problems overcome, by help from fellow members!! Cheers my friends, and Happy Moms Day ladies!!

Skip

Veteran
Good idea! I moved this thread to a different forum (where people ask for help).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
anyone that spends any decent amount of time here,, can learn something ...there is a lot of wisdom here.....yeehaw

MicroRoy

You can always pick up new ideas.
It's a mix of people.

It feels good to encourage a new grower.

iffey

trout is right allot of good stuff. back in the day, admins and oderators, IN ALL MJ FORUMS, were, they though the best gardeners ever and there was no room for new growers 'stupid' questions or observations. This forum for a long time now hasn't had much interference from trolls. my hat is off to the staff for that.. differences are differences but it's all good for the most part.

BS is called out, there isn't much and straightened out not left to go on and on festering BS.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here's my story....

Other than oldskool Overgrow kicking off my growing knowledge, icmag and the awesome community here have taught me everything I know! I know stuff about stuff that I probably won't even need to use....but I know it! Lol!

It took me a few years to really get a hold on some of the problems I was having. Now I realize the only problems I was really having was not doing EVERYTHING I was repeatedly told! I would only do what was convenient and wonder why I still wasn't having a "no spots on leaves" grow.

Best all around advice I can give to ppl just starting out is:
1) Start out with a proven medium

2) From seed, don't give any nutes to you know they want them...not when you think they can take them!!

3) ALWAYS pH EVERYTHING you feed them...including waterings with no nutes.

4) BEST way to become a great farmer of Cannabis is read EVERYTHING you can on icmag...even if you think it doesn't apply to your grow, you'll figure out, it actually does!!

rockymountainJ

Here's my story....

Other than oldskool Overgrow kicking off my growing knowledge, icmag and the awesome community here have taught me everything I know! I know stuff about stuff that I probably won't even need to use....but I know it! Lol!

It took me a few years to really get a hold on some of the problems I was having. Now I realize the only problems I was really having was not doing EVERYTHING I was repeatedly told! I would only do what was convenient and wonder why I still wasn't having a "no spots on leaves" grow.

Best all around advice I can give to ppl just starting out is:
1) Start out with a proven medium

2) From seed, don't give any nutes to you know they want them...not when you think they can take them!!

3) ALWAYS pH EVERYTHING you feed them...including waterings with no nutes.

4) BEST way to become a great farmer of Cannabis is read EVERYTHING you can on icmag...even if you think it doesn't apply to your grow, you'll figure out, it actually does!!

For sure!! I have books and books.... I always turn to Ic first!! I was a long time lurker.... now there is so many cool people with cool info.. I'm a regular!! Cheers all

asaf

Because it is international, old and well-known community with good and deep info.

Is 100% pure cannabis culture.

An yes!! if you read here you grow with your plants.

rockymountainJ

Where else can you interact with the breeders, and people that grow the shyt? Alot of breeders and seed companys... if you want and dig enough... you can have a convo, and get answers.... you aren't doing that at any other cannibis sites... that ive found!! good format!! Great job Ic

MicroRoy

I enjoy the threads that show the grows as they progress.

Then there are so many Cultivars that I will never see growing otherwise

The seed sellers always show pictures of the buds. But my favorite pictures of weed are the shots of the whole plant.I like seeing the structure of the plant.

rockymountainJ

I enjoy the threads that show the grows as they progress.

Then there are so many Cultivars that I will never see growing otherwise

The seed sellers always show pictures of the buds. But my favorite pictures of weed are the shots of the whole plant.I like seeing the structure of the plant.

For sure roy!! This place has so much info it's nuts!! Want to know about a strain.... read about it.... have a question.... ask it!! Most my final strain choices are based on threads!! Cheers everyone!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where else can you interact with the breeders, and people that grow the shyt? Alot of breeders and seed companys... if you want and dig enough... you can have a convo, and get answers.... you aren't doing that at any other cannibis sites... that ive found!! good format!! Great job Ic

Thanks for the KUDOS. You are right....was on a few other forums, but they paled in comparison. Only have 2...and this is numero Uno!!

Great folks, good info. IC rocks it, no question!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Howdy RMJ. Nice thread!

The fact that I’m actually a Member here — after registering only to participate in one thread and then ditch out — speaks to how inspiring ICMag is. (Just being online in a forum of this sort is, for me, a BIG deal — I’m breaking all sorts of rules and boundaries I set for myself... feel as though I've been sucked into a black hole or fallen down the rabbit's hole or some such thing... in a positive way of course...).

Be that as it may, this place has inspired me to want to learn more and improve my game. It’s clear that there are lots of good folks here with the experience and know-how; and who are, more importantly, willing to help.

Really looking forward to sharing some grows with such a well-informed audience. Because to Roy’s point: we can’t grow them all, so it’s nice to see the progression of some of the ones you might be interested in. I’m hoping to do my part by giving back in that way — some grow-shows. And hey, should problems arise, how nice it’ll be to say, “hey folks, what’s up here?” and to know you’ve got solid backup.

Happy & successful growing to all!

rockymountainJ

Thanks for stopping in shmavis.... I hear you, posting on a forum was off limits to me as well. Been lurking here for years... needed some answers, now I'm addicted lol!! Cheers everyone!!

Nup

Pretty nice place. Friendly and real wealth of information!
Happy lurking days! 8)

iffey

Imin Florida. Ya cant talk to ANYONE. It sucks.

ICMAG is da bomb.:thanks:

Latest posts

Latest posts