What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is that fruiting body or are you just happy to see me?

thedudefresco

Good Morning Mycelium?

attachment.php

St. Phatty

I've been trying to figure out what kind of "fruiting bodies" these are.

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_080959-mush.jpg
    IMG_20201006_080959-mush.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 36

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Good Morning Mycelium?

View Image
Now that's what I call organic. :)

I think the real companion planting for cannabis is just cannabis and fungi. Also notice how the leaves don't show any nutrient deficiencies.

Also, I wonder if anyone has tried a combination of psilocybin mushroom strain and cannabis?

Just a thought.

thedudefresco

haha. I thought about that upon seeing these mushrooms tbh.

I found out what these rather non-magical shrooms are though. I believe they are known as the plant pot dapperling.

I suspect that wood barrel has a role to play. At first, I thought it was due to all the organic rich amendments, but then, I noticed a rose plant in a nearby wood barrel sprouting the same types of mushrooms. Both have been mulched with alfalfa.

From my research, they don't necessarily cause any harm or benefit, and are eating the decomposing topsoil and material. But yes, I have used this soil in other fabric pots and they don't sprout this type of mushroom, however I have seen the white mushrooms in fabric pots.

Sunshineinabag

What kinda cultivars are the two colas?

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_102743.jpg
    IMG_20201021_102743.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20201021_102732.jpg
    IMG_20201021_102732.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 49

thedudefresco

What kinda cultivars are the two colas?

I spot the oak leaf (i think) ! I have those around too. always want to collect them and use as mulch but they end up being prickly and housing a tad too many creepy crawlies where they pile up on their own....id rather let em be.. haha

Cultivar is Zamaldelica which is marketed as being comprised of classical sativa type genetics from S.E Asia and S. Africa, I believe. I was interested in growing it out of a desire to try a "pure" sativa. Last year I grew Kumaoni which is marketed as a landrace type sativa from Asia. I liked the effect, even as an unworked cultivar.

I'm super excited to see how this Zamaldelica turns out, though. I've had her for a while and she's been through the wringer!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374486&page=5 I have some more pics of her here

St. Phatty

Agaricus, meadow mushroom, those are the ones you buy in the store.

are mine unusually big, or is it another species ?

they're bigger than 10 cm, more like 15 cm, 6 inches.

would love to "just eat them" - sauteed in butter - other than the fact that they could be poison ... I don't know much about mushrooms, other than SOME are poisonous.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
are mine unusually big, or is it another species ?

they're bigger than 10 cm, more like 15 cm, 6 inches.

would love to "just eat them" - sauteed in butter - other than the fact that they could be poison ... I don't know much about mushrooms, other than SOME are poisonous.

They get huge sometimes, same mushroom small sold as white button, medium as cremini, large as portobello.

Always try 1-2 small bites and wait 24 hours to see if you get sick before eating a full helping of a new wild mushroom.

Learn how to do a spore test before you eat any white wild mushrooms.

There are several "safe" wild species to gather without deadly lookalikes that are safer to start with ...

Agaricus, meadow mushroom, those are the ones you buy in the store.

I'm pretty sure the mushrooms in the OP are Lepiota lutea...Which is found commonly in flower/plant pots.

I've seen them pop up in some of my pots before.

**EDIT**....Never mind, I just realized you were replying to some other post and pics in the thread, not the original post of the thread.

thedudefresco

I'm pretty sure the mushrooms in the OP are Lepiota lutea...Which is found commonly in flower/plant pots.

I think so too!

Lepiota Lutea is a different way of naming the same mushroom, leucocoprinus birnbaumii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucocoprinus_birnbaumii

These things are insanely speedy and last night they completely overtook the pot lol. I should have taken a photo. From barely visible to the size of a half dollar overnight. If it happens again I'll snap a pic.

Veggia farmer

They get huge sometimes, same mushroom small sold as white button, medium as cremini, large as portobello.

Always try 1-2 small bites and wait 24 hours to see if you get sick before eating a full helping of a new wild mushroom.

Learn how to do a spore test before you eat any white wild mushrooms.

There are several "safe" wild species to gather without deadly lookalikes that are safer to start with ...

I just have to add some toxic mushroom can give kidney failure that doesnt show before a week or two...

thedudefresco

I just have to add some toxic mushroom can give kidney failure that doesnt show before a week or two...

Personally, I'd be way too paranoid of fucking up to eat a mushroom I collect.

However, I know some folks who bring the shrooms they collect to the local university, and the students in the lab help them determine if it is indeed edible or not.

That's the waay!

I think so too!

Lepiota Lutea is a different way of naming the same mushroom, leucocoprinus birnbaumii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucocoprinus_birnbaumii

These things are insanely speedy and last night they completely overtook the pot lol. I should have taken a photo. From barely visible to the size of a half dollar overnight. If it happens again I'll snap a pic.

They sure do swell up and develop pretty rapidly.

I've seen them pop up in my cactus pots before. This specific species is quite common in plant pots. I believe it even has a common-name along the lines of "plant pot mushroom" or something like that.

Personally, I'd be way too paranoid of fucking up to eat a mushroom I collect.

However, I know some folks who bring the shrooms they collect to the local university, and the students in the lab help them determine if it is indeed edible or not.

That's the waay!

There actually aren't a whole lot of super toxic/potentially deadly mushrooms out there.

The only wild mushrooms I've picked and consumed myself have been blewits (pretty yummy/decent edible), and every winter I find and harvest psilocybe cyanescens (wavy caps/caramel caps) and psilocybe allenii around my town/area (psychedelic mushrooms).

I feel pretty confident in my identification but there certainly has been a few times while tripping on the mushrooms I picked where the thought of "what if there was a random galerina (deadly mushroom that can look quite similar to the psychedelic species) mixed in with the dose I just ate!?" went through my mind lol ...I always double check and inspect each individual mushroom but the thought has def gone through my mind before lol.

One thing to do is become familiar with the toxic species that grow in one's area and/or look similar to the species that one is hunting for.

But yea....mushroom poisoning is no joke, and with the real deadly ones, by the time one figures out what is happening it is usually too late. A few people manage to pull through.

Latest posts

Latest posts