What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The no bullshit 6-7 week flowering time strain list

madalasatori

Veteran
The idea of lowering quality never crossed my mind. I have certainly kicked a few things out that were heavy and fast. Last was the serious 6. Which produced a few pheno's so fast that it wasn't suitable for indoors, and some commercial grade stuff I have no interest in. But perhaps it's what the OP expects.

Ive kept one such pheno from a Dinafem OG kush feeebie that I received years ago.

It lacks potency and you need to smoke 2 or 3 times as much to get as high. The ceiling however is pretty good and it has a great relaxing happy high. I use it for insomnia.

Although you need more to get high it yields like an absolute beast and is ready in 7 weeks so I’m happy to roll big pure spliffs of it :woohoo:

Happy Times

The only one I have first hand experience with is C99. 50 days and ripe. Potent, tasty, and a respectable yield.

C99 came to mind too, not a 6 weeker, but pretty darn fast.

Old school Shiva Skunk was a quick one. How about Afghan? I remember Sensi’s catalog showing this as a fast finisher too. Not sure if theirs is still good, but probably a bunch of afghan options out there

First “real” strain I ever grew was Sensi California Indica, there were some very fast phenos in there, had one right around 45 days. That was mid 90’s seed stock though

Treevly

The problem is, do you actually get the same yield. From my experience, no. You just spend more time trimming/planting etc etc

Agreed. Some strains do seem more efficient at getting bud-per-week, but those will not be the biggest yielders of the strongest bud. Yes, there is a trade-off, a point at which outdoor growers are always searching for, at least in Northern climes. If you want the biggest and stoniest, it won't be the quickest.

browntrout

Veteran
Agreed. Some strains do seem more efficient at getting bud-per-week, but those will not be the biggest yielders of the strongest bud. Yes, there is a trade-off, a point at which outdoor growers are always searching for, at least in Northern climes. If you want the biggest and stoniest, it won't be the quickest.

Definitely the majority of the time, however you can get lucky.. Seems to be when ya find the needle in the hay stack they are a bitch to clone/reveg or are susceptible to something.

Treevly

Definitely the majority of the time, however you can get lucky.. Seems to be when ya find the needle in the hay stack they are a bitch to clone/reveg or are susceptible to something.

Well, that's what it's mostly about these days: some sperm-and-egg throw out a one-in-a-million plant, everybody clones it, and then everybody fails to get it to reproduce into a seed product. They're little non-replicable DNA miracles, that's what they are.

Lrus007

Veteran
c99, a11, green crack are quick budders.
but they are slow growers in veg.
also seem to be smaller top buds.

H

hunter77

6 or 7 week finishers sound real good now I watch I never know this thought more always :thank you:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got a MindBoggle x NYCD plant that has finished 3 times in 45 days under 2 different styles of LED. Top of the plant is easily 20% amber trichs.

If I weren't growing it, I would have a hard time believing it.

hayday

Veteran
Bogs Sour Strawberry is done in 60 days. Not a single benefit in running it longer. Sour Bubble is fast and alot of his Bubble Gum varieties he claims flower fast but the ones I ran went 60 plus.

99problems

I've got a MindBoggle x NYCD plant that has finished 3 times in 45 days under 2 different styles of LED. Top of the plant is easily 20% amber trichs.

If I weren't growing it, I would have a hard time believing it.

Are we talking 45 days of 12/12?

Miraculous Meds

Ive got a mai tai cut that hits 70% amber at day 42. Not sure of the seed line, but this pheno checks all the boxes of effect, yield, bag appeal, aroma, n flavor. Im gonna pair her with dj's bb stud to see if i can find a sweet berry extreme short day hybrid. But if you can find mai tai in seed form there is a super short day pheno in there.

'Boogieman'

Gorilla gold was the fastest for me, bloom in August and done mid September but the smoke is weak in my opinion.

THC123

Veteran
You mean guerilla gold? It depends on the phenos, there are strong phenos in there! Especially in the gg3 line

THC123

Veteran
Guerilla gold is available at gorilla seeds but it is not recommended indoors and certainly not under a 12/12 light regimen. They will just herm and remain dwarves.

It is an outdoor only strain. Maybe you could successfully grow it indoors with 15/9 or 16/8 or 14/10 but that will cost you extra.

Not worth the effort indoors IMO. But outdoors :dance013: