What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PIZZA...

cheapwine

Veteran
I mostly do Neapolitan Style.

based on Poolish,
Caputo 00 flour
Caputo yeasts.
48hrs fermentation IMO is the best.

Ooni / Uuni Pizza Oven.

kf2Vr5T.jpg

TTBkokQ.jpg

pEZQTlc.jpg

9kB2qot.jpg

Cuddles

I've actually been making pizza with the cheapest ingredients possible lol, you have to remember that when the first Italian immigrants came to NY from Naples they were poor as fuck and there weren't Italian specialty shops yet or a great importing system for things like olive oil from a particular region

There is a local mill here that makes 3 types of flour for stores in the area, a bleached all purpose that is pretty low gluten and most likely intended for pastries, whole wheat, and an unbleached all purpose that is a bit higher gluten that I think is intended as a bread flour that I have been using, $3 for 5lbs

I use walmart mozzarella, which is actually really good, obviously walmart doesn't produce the cheese and has it contracted with a company, which I think might be sargento

I've been rocking a $1.18 can of chef boyardee sauce, thickening it with a small slice of butter, and dusting with black pepper and garlic powder once its spread on the pizza

The one thing I don't cheap out on is the yeast and have been using platinum instant
about the olive oil -I don´t understand why some people insist on pouring lots of it onto their pizzas. I´ve seen people do it on TV shows too and I don´t get it at all. But of course they weren´t ITALIANS , lol

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
about the olive oil -I don´t understand why some people insist on pouring lots of it onto their pizzas.
i've never seen anyone do that. i must live a sheltered life or something. the best Italian spots here DO put some on their bruschetta though. wouldn't be the same without it. :good:

xtsho

My electric oven sucks for cooking pizza so I use the skillet/broiler method. I heat up a flat cast iron pan on top of the stove and get the broiler going. When the skillet is nice and hot I slide the pizza onto it and then put it under the broiler. Only takes a few minutes to cook and I get better results than trying to use a crappy electric oven on bake to cook a pizza.

Not the best pies but they work for me.

pizza03262023.jpg

pizzaa.jpg

pizza1.jpg