What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bacon-wrapped beef tenderloin illustrated tutorial

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
So Stinky, it would appear you and I share a passion for good food.

I'll have to drop a few recipes in here.

But I do have a slightly off topic question for you re: kitchen knives. Specifically what brand do you like, use, and lust after?
Any combination of cheap, forged, and heavy. The Chinese cleavers you can find in most any Asian market are a steal, the ones with the 2"wide blade are to die for, spend your money on a good water stone, the steel can take a nice edge. They rust like crazy but that's what grease is for. In terms of more mainstream ones, my 6" mundial mini chefs knife is the workhorse, and my 6" calphalon katana series sashimi knife is the high maintenance pain in the ass that chips, rusts, and is generally antisocial, but I love the balance. It's such a nice knife for the $15 I paid for it lol. I've got a full suite of mismatched but nice blades mostly from the tjmaxx clearance rack after the holidays... go for full tang and a grip that suits your style. I ground the spine of my full size chefs knives to not give me a blister due to my more Asian knife grip with first finger and thumb both curled around the blade. Yeah I learned to prep cook in a Tappan restaurant and then got some side eye at the burrito bar for it!

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Welcome back Her Dankness M.I.A.

Of all of them "stinkyattic" contributions the ghost of them all is a Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin - WTF? One day Google will give us all the worst of eulogies at this rate. I know that a lot more than just random information disappeared from this site, but it is a little overwhelming and a loss..

Anyway, it's good to see you are well and fine Her Dankness 😍

Yeah you can say that again. When my old stomping grounds went dark, a lot of stuff went with it... I personally lost 15k posts starting from my wee lassie days, and oh man the collected wisdom of the old heads... it's really disorienting. My Google ghost found this thread, and a repost of my old butter method to another site. Of all the things to have been saved from the fire, I'm okay with it all being food related : ) I've got 6 loaves of zucchini bread and a couple quarts of green tomato chutney cooling on the stove right now. The more things change, the more they stay the same! It's comforting, at least. We all gotta eat, might as well eat like royalty!

Latest posts

Latest posts