What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 101

mysta177

What up H&L?
Its nice too this thread since the chemd chem started just vanished....I would have done the same thing. Hell most chem threads are locking up and less peeps are talking bout it :chin: smart. None the less Im just privliged to see these great pics and 411 from yall. UDAMAN bro
CaliKushedB said:
no bs and drama. all straight from the dudes that started it all. bu i was wondering where the idea/rumor of Original OG being (Chemdawg x [Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]) come from? i've seen some people mention it in numerous threads.
some say yay Most say nay.........but you said it RUMOR is all it is.

Pbud

I think chem stored beans in his freezer. As to the origin of the colorado dogbud who knows. Won and myself haven't kept in touch with these people. It could still be going strong but in a very smallcircle. Driving through colorado in a couple weeks so i may do some investigating.

alicea

hi,

Kailua kid from sierra seeds is the one with the alternate og kush origin:

OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
Thanks Pbud for answering my question on storage. I have stored seeds both ways and I'm a bit reluctant to put them in the freezer because I have had a freezer go out on me and had to run alot of beans unexpectedly because they thawed. I'll probably split my seed collection and put half in the freezer and half in the fridge. Sorry to be a bit off subject here gang. Keep the killer Chemdog info coming.
Peace, Mr.M

KITCHA

Veteran
Great thread H&L this has certainly answered a lot od questions I had and made me look forward to my order of Chem d X sd IBL, Peace Kitch(",)

G

My OG looks exactly like Chemdawg #4, because it is Dawg.... A 17 year old cut.. So I was told, by those who gave it to me 3 years ago. Sounds about right, timewise..

This is the best thread on any Chem/Kush related topic yet. Thx for keepin' them in line...~!

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Kick as thread and info....sounds like the real story to me. Chem and its offspring are indica crosse's. One day karma will bring it my way....sort of like the lottery I guess!
Peace!

G

H L thanks for spending your time to do this. let us know when you get any info on the chem d x sour d . waiting on mine to arrive.

G

Thanks Alecia for the Bubba info, I'm completely blazed right now on my BK and it was so exciting to read the origins finaly. That story makes most sense to me. Up here I always here Master KushXBubblegum.
I have tasted a Master Kush up here that tastes just like Bubba Kush though not as potent. I hear it grows like the OG, tall and stretchy, you think this is the West Coast Dog?
Thanks for the great thread H&L and all the work that went into it. Irie, Bud
PS thank you for Sour Diesel and Bubba Kush
1706Sour_Diesel-med.JPG

wick650

The weird thing is that schroomy's Orignial D clone is not the same as chemdog's Headband.

Chemdog smoked out Swerve and a friend of mine located in Santa Barbara C.A with a batch of "headband", and both said it was basicly straight up O.G kush.... completely different than the Original Diesal cut. I am very confused by the whole Headband/daywrecker stuff, b/c i've been seeing more and more of the OG kush esque "headband" flooding Santa Barbara from Nor Cal growers. In fact chemdog even told my buddy in SB something along the lines that "this is OG bro", yet this headband is another headband than the cut thats been going around the boards for a while now :chin:

JJNYC wrote a description of the original headband/daywrecker/underdawg and it sounded a lot like the Original D clone. He said it smelled "spicy, skunky, Diesely taste." JJ also has said "I don't think chemdog ever had the underdawg/headband cut"...

What is the hell is this OG'ish Headband cut that chem has and thats flooding the So Cal medical scene right now??? This mystery has left me confused for too long. Any thoughts folks? thanks

Last edited:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Yeah Wick, that is one question I havent been able to find an answer to either.

Schroomy got that clone several years ago from a respected board poster who shall remain nameless, unless they want to speak up. I don't think it's right for me to post this kind of info. Anyway, last year all of a sudden a Headband cut starts getting talked about and it supposedly a lot like OG. OD is musky and skunky with the straight Gasoline smell. there are hints of sweetness too. It sounds like the Headband is more like a dawg or OG self perhaps.... maybe a hybrid.... but please understand this is only my SPECULATION... So to avoid any confusion, I personally will only call OD, OD, and that's it.

Last October, a non posting friend smoked me out on what was supposed to be original chemdawg... I had some OD at the same session and let's just say they had some similarities... mainly in the taste department. His nug was small so structurally I cant comment too much on how it looked... but the tastes were near each other. They were at least related in some way.

I mean with 3 nicknames for a cut there is bound to be confusion. The name Headband maybe got reused, who knows. I do know that Swerve has been able to get some OD out to the masses. This is OD and not the other Headband cut.

Anybody got any more info?

Peace to All,
M

Last edited:
G

one of the reasons people keep changing the name of original diesel is because of imposter cuts coming around. like now, its being called 'underdawg' by some of the OD old-timers. jj-nyc told me that the real OD cut hasnt been passed too much outside of new york state, so its making the rounds there and in so-cal if swerve is taking it to the clubs. its about time this one gets out for real!

G

sorry to interrupt, but H&L..... this is a nice thread, man.
excellent presentation.
might not mean much from a guy with a new acct and no posts. but..

the works appreciated.

:wave:

skar

sorry too OrganicGreen but,

THANKS for your open mind & cool spirit High&Lonesome :joint:

you know why... ;)

Burt

Veteran
my best guess is a durban/thai cross
why? I can't get over the anise like smell and taste-sure theres fuel there but underneath i sense anise/licorice in there-could be way off and since no one else too a gander-i thought i would

Latest posts

Latest posts