What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready to harvest?

PinkFFF

So i was wondering if this plant is ready to harvest, most of the pistils, around ~80% are brown

And sorry for the bad quality , didn't have my camera so i used my phone

V0amlDr.jpg

tIRUcAX.jpg

nDkclIi.jpg

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's all about trichome color. Highly recommend picking up a jewelers loupe or a usb scope. It's really personal preference on getting the high you are looking for. At worst you can harvest some at each color level and see which you enjoy best.
5676when-to-harvest.jpg

PinkFFF

I did harvest them, trim them (my first trim ever) they look bad ,
anyway apparently i had little "baby caterpillars" around the buds , around ~20.... , looks like it was the only plant with catterpillars...

Kw90dbW.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would have switched to plain water for about 2 weeks. They look rather early to me. Next time check the trichomes with 30x-100x magnification and count the amber trichomes. I've been harvesting at between 5% and 15% for over a decade now.

Below 5% amber and the cannabis has no staying power, it fades within 30-45 minutes which means you have to use a lot more. Above 15% and cannabis gets too sleepy for me. I like cannabis which has zero effect on how tired I am. :)

Count 20 trichomes. 1 amber in 20 is 5% amber. 2 is 10% and 3 amber trichomes in 20 is 15% amber. :tiphat:

MrBungle

Congrats on the first harvest!! It looks like you got to the beginning of the harvest window as I like to call it... its really similar to Douglas' method except I don't really look at Trichomes... I just go by my intuition, and what I know from breeders and such...

You might find a lil bit of a harsh taste in the smoke without a proper leaching of salts, but chalk it up to a learning experience... It could be much worse...

Keep up the good work

Latest posts

Latest posts