What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thinking! You don't want to run out before next harvest! Stash that stuff. Mason jars are a must. Be sure to properly burp them for a week or 2 after harvest as needed, and then once a month for as long as you have them, they should be opened and aired out to keep from getting stale. It helps with the curing process and its an opportunity to inspect for mold issues.

Wherever you store them put the wide mouth quart mason jars in a 5 gallon bucket with a rubber gasket sealed lid. They should be available at most hardware stores.

2010 harvest

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the photos I was looking for. About to make some hash or something to make room for harvest this year!

A heavy rain can cause the bucket to float up higher in the soil, so they have to be checked periodically. Cover with a sheet of landscape fabric to keep from being too visible. Use leaves and sticks to camoflage. There you go, rock and roll! Thats freedom! This is Guerilla Underground!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

militia420

Nice, but not what he asked and it's probably a little too deep. lol

Not every one understands that a vpn could potentially hand over all of the info on your traffic to LEO, just like any ISP could. By at least running an SSH tunnel, and you can use a VPN - it doesn't have to be TOR or i2p2, you create your own controlled layer of security to reduce what a VPN, TOR, or i2p2 see.

No different than warning Mountainbudz about his phone potentially pinging in dead zones to give away his location. Rather warn them and the warning not be needed than not warn them and they end up looking down the barrel of a few machine guns held by men authorized to murder them for growing our favorite medicinal herb.

This thread is all about the --->
monkeyeat.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] business :biggrin:. I'll be posting some grow pics soon. I'm missing out on the fun. My SSSDH IX crosses are mouth watering and I've got the biggest outdoor c99 cross I've ever grown. Hawaii sun :) ...[/FONT]

militia420

Awesome info Mnt. Budz!
I was gifted these beanz from American Grower =
ChemD x 69'Skunk#18(Uncle Fester)
HeadBand x 69'Skunk#18(Uncle Fester)
Deathstar x 69'Skunk#18(Uncle Fester)

Just popped 5 of the ChemD x 69Sk18.
Any thoughts?

One of the plants I have going now is Vendomdog = Venom x Chemdog. It has these awesome light fruit undertones and very little odor which works well for stealth (there is enough odor that I wouldn't grow a single female within 50 feet of traffic areas in case a breeze blows odor). This particular plant is indica dominant and has some of the densest buds I've personally grown. I've got 1 in a 1 gallon pot and cant wait to weigh the dry weight because the buds are so huge I think it'll yield a couple ounces.

If I were you I would make a point to have at least a single relocation spot where you can take all of your males and isolate them when they start showing. Then collect and freeze their pollen. When your fems start showing pollinate the ones you want more of and take cuttings on the lower branches that haven't gone to flower yet so you can clone em. That ChemD x 69Sk18 is the one that sounds like a keeper to me and it might require a few crossings to get settled on a pheno since I think they probably have very different phenos. I'd always be in the practice of making at least some new seeds every grow cuz you don't know if or when we might all lose access to other seeds.

militia420

You will always be happy as long as you have some bud.... always. Especially if you have a lot.

Truer words have never been spoken. I had to stop growing for a number of years because of health, but my last grows harvest lasted the whole time I couldn't grow. Saved money, had it when I couldn't afford it, and never had to go with out when I needed it!

I am definitely gonna be looking into longer term storage techniques, I've used jars for many of years and will continue to use them but I don't want that stashed in my home. May end up using one of the many many caves around here, pelican cases sound good too... Then I could probably stash a lot in my grow room as well since it is underground.

Use a vacuum sealer with mylar bags and oxygen absorbers then store it. Caves would work great for cheap cooling. Most are supposed to maintain about 59F. I'm going to see how freezing it works this year. I think as long as a proper dry and cure is done it should be the best way to store it long term. I've read on forums before about people saving stuff for 10 years and it still had the same potency and flavor. Make sure you date all your storage containers so you can track how long that stuff lasts. People like me would love to know how different forms of storage stack up. You can also get cheap temperature loggers to know what the temps are doing in a cave.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-T...sr=8-4&keywords=temperature+logger+waterproof

A lot of my funds will be saved, geared towards and invested into the legal marijuana industry one day when it is legal, or TN either way, I am saving money and I wanna make sure I jump straight into the industry and have the funds needed completely to assist me. The day is coming wether it be a year from now or 15.... The longer it takes, the more money I will have saved for business investment so I'm good either way. :tiphat:

Just treat the "legal" business like you've been doing everything else because when it's legal you've put it out in the open and it's easier for them to steal that way too. I honestly see the potential for the feds to crack down on a lot of state legal operations at some point when they know they can take out competitive entrepreneurs and steal assets. The legal system is DIRTY.

militia420

As far as tor is concerned, it’s been pretty common knowledge exit nodes are comp’d by ABC entities so tor isn’t as ‘safe’ as claimed... with all the backdoors programmed into OS and apps, EVERY piece of digital information is stored. correct on vpns also... if they want It bad enough, they will get the info. ‘Opsec’ Is about as real as the Yeti... vault 7 pretty well laid out abc agencies mining and spoofing capabilities... hate to rain on parades, but if you aren’t on a list, you aren’t living life

Tor's useful to eliminate ISP traffic shaping and avoid minor hassles but yeh pretty much everything can have holes, hence the desire to encrypt on my end and have some control over the process. Software backdoors certainly exists but most people aren't aware of hardware backdoors, which are definitely present. Just seeing machine with multiple processors is a serious red flag to me. They're perfect for handing spying in the background. I know I'm on lists from some of the activism I do, but using certain methods can make spying harder and different agencies don't always share info so you won't look like as big of a fish to target. Harm reduction ;).

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I prefer to hide in plain sight. The minute you act different than the rest you stand out.

This is absolutely true... Always find the closest spot to dash or if under immediate danger lay down and stay very still. When you get your chance to jet, and you know for absolute sure you can make it to a better spot then by all means get to that spot.

MountainBudz

Good thinking! You don't want to run out before next harvest! Stash that stuff. Mason jars are a must. Be sure to properly burp them for a week or 2 after harvest as needed, and then once a month for as long as you have them, they should be opened and aired out to keep from getting stale. It helps with the curing process and its an opportunity to inspect for mold issues.

Wherever you store them put the wide mouth quart mason jars in a 5 gallon bucket with a rubber gasket sealed lid. They should be available at most hardware stores.

2010 harvest

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice shots there buddy, but hate seeing that last one... Botrytis is absolutely one of my biggest enemies here in the humid Appalachians.

I always burp my jars and use wide mouth as well, can't beat a good wide mouth mason jar!

MountainBudz

Sorry about the pic update yesterday folks, I never got around to it. In fixing to head out though and do some checkups. I will throw photos up tonight at least a few of the nicest ones that I check today. I split my crop up into groups. One day I'm watering and tending to one location and a certain number of plants then the next day I'm doing the next, then the next and so on... I will get a few snaps of today's group. Takes me about a week to cover a whole group.

:tiphat:

iTarzan

We have had 17 inches of rain since Friday night. The plants are taking it in stride so far. The ground is saturated. There has been widespread flooding. It is better now than in flower though. This would have ruined all the outdoor buds if it happened in October.

MountainBudz

We have had 17 inches of rain since Friday night. The plants are taking it in stride so far. The ground is saturated. There has been widespread flooding. It is better now than in flower though. This would have ruined all the outdoor buds if it happened in October.

I hear that! I agree.. it would be a godsend if it would stop raining for us around the first of September till about November 25th... If we could have a complete dry spell through that time period, I would be the happiest man in the World!

-TheShortTexan-

I hear that! I agree.. it would be a godsend if it would stop raining for us around the first of September till about November 25th... If we could have a complete dry spell through that time period, I would be the happiest man in the World!

These posts make me cry sometimes.... we had two inches of rain last week and nothing before since may and probably won't have any more until deer season. Severe drought. Everything's dead. Fish are learning to breathe normal air. We would kill for some of that Appalachian rain right now

MountainBudz

These posts make me cry sometimes.... we had two inches of rain last week and nothing before since may and probably won't have any more until deer season. Severe drought. Everything's dead. Fish are learning to breathe normal air. We would kill for some of that Appalachian rain right now

Wow man I hate to hear that. Be nice if you could find you some nice underground sources of water in case every thing ever dries up, obviously like it has. I hate to hear that man... Its funny how every ones environments come with their pro's and con's and how everyone is always willing to trade one issue for the next, for the benefit of it, or vice versa lol.

I will make you a deal Texan :tiphat:..... You send me that "dry low humidity" drought, and in return I will send you all these rainy humid days and Appalachia thunderstorms...

However! Only under ONE condition! :biggrin: As long as I get to keep my underground springs and all the multiple creeks, rivers, streams on the land... Lmao. Oh, I will top it off with a Blackhawk chopper full of LEO's........

Deal?? :laughing:

-TheShortTexan-

Wow man I hate to hear that. Be nice if you could find you some nice underground sources of water in case every thing ever dries up, obviously like it has. I hate to hear that man... Its funny how every ones environments come with their pro's and con's and how everyone is always willing to trade one issue for the next, for the benefit of it, or vice versa lol.

I will make you a deal Texan :tiphat:..... You send me that "dry low humidity" drought, and in return I will send you all these rainy humid days and Appalachia thunderstorms...

However! Only under ONE condition! :biggrin: As long as I get to keep my underground springs and all the multiple creeks, rivers, streams on the land... Lmao. Oh, I will top it off with a Blackhawk chopper full of LEO's........

Deal?? :laughing:

You ALLLLLLLMOST had me.... when you threw in the blackhawk choppper shit went south :noway:

You are right about wanting to always swap climates over one detail or another. But I guarantee you. If you had as large an operation here as you do there, you would HAVE to haul water at least every 3-4 days. Imagine your back after watering an operation like the one you are running

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

That's what I'm hoping for buddy !!! We've had 2-3 floods in June/July. The waters been up in the road from the creek and hollers flooding out. My plants are handling it ok now they have a lil size to them. I'm not sure the inches but it's been a fuckin wet 2-3 mounth period. The farmers almanac wasn't shitting when they said our region was gonna be wetter & hotter than normal....the temps always hot in the summer here but this rain was been hard to grow in. I definatly pray it drys up like MB said or we"ll be lucky if everything doesn't mold.:tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have a nice cold front trough coming through early next week it looks like! We're a little dry here too. We had some rain last week, but we could use another round. Hauling water is such a challenge. I thank God for the sun, the wind, the rain, the flat fertile ground, and the tall mountains of the earth. Thankful for the change in seasons and the changes they bring about within us. God is perfect. He's always teaching us. There's always going to be challenges. Its all a great test to see what you're made of.

Stop by and check out my thread. Fertilized with 2 bags, 8 lbs of Happy Frog ( Foxfarm) fertilizer with mycorrhizae and guano today! I'm pretty excited cant wait to see how they respond. Watered them in with 10 gallons this evening. Pulled the last male too, so now we're down to the 2 males being used for pollination. Got 21 females this year! Came out just right!

Top dressing is usually done monthly, but I'm going to do it at a 3 week interval to load up on nutrients a little more. I bet doing the flowering fert now will help them trigger a little earlier. Do want to see a good stretch before they set bud though. Tallest one is close to 6 feet now!

Excited about the breeding project his year. I finally made myself separate the plants into phenotypes at harvest. Choice flowers had seed separated for planting. Really blessed to have the Deep Chunk dominant male on the edge of the garden. It had a branch break a month ago or so which is perfect, it doesn't block as much light now! Loving the structure on this one!

Deep Chunk dominant male

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

You ALLLLLLLMOST had me.... when you threw in the blackhawk choppper shit went south :noway:

You are right about wanting to always swap climates over one detail or another. But I guarantee you. If you had as large an operation here as you do there, you would HAVE to haul water at least every 3-4 days. Imagine your back after watering an operation like the one you are running

Lol, yeah I knew that black bird would ruin the moment. Doesn't it always? At least for our speck on the Earth it does. I would never wish that on anyone bro, its hard and dangerous enough as it is around here without having those choppers making it 50% worse!

We have had droughts before, but its been a few years. I do haul most of my water still, except for maybe a few plants that are basically right on the edge of the water in the creeks. It will take me a good 12 or 1am till 5am worth of work, to water/feed my first group of plants. It takes me about a week to finish them all, I have them split and arranged into u groups, for 7 days. I haul long enough to walk down to the creek from the trail, fill up my 5 gallon bucket, mix my nutes per ratios, then haul back up to trail. At that point I can throw it on the ATV and get it usually within an average range of about 80 feet away, some more, some less, to my plants. However it seems like there is a creek or underground spring at every location pretty much, except for a few. I'm sure a ton of people think I am absolutely insane for not just using a pump or an easier method, but in all honesty I LOVE the exercise most nights/days. I used to be a body builder and I live been out of it maybe 5 years now...And doing this hard ass guerilla labor makes me feel amazing inside and out. It is dangerous, yet healthy.

A lot of times if I am hauling a bale of promix, I will throw it up over my head and do shoulder presses with it as I walk it to the location lol... As I walk with the 5 gal buckets full of water/food, I usually switch hands back and forth curling those... Also it keeps your mind off having to haul the shit around and makes it easier for the next time obviously cause ya get more used to it/ stronger.

I am very fortunate that were not having your weather though Texan... But in all honesty as long as my sources of water, at least one or two of them wouldn't dry up, I would be happy with a drought the rest of the season for sure.

MountainBudz

That's what I'm hoping for buddy !!! We've had 2-3 floods in June/July. The waters been up in the road from the creek and hollers flooding out. My plants are handling it ok now they have a lil size to them. I'm not sure the inches but it's been a fuckin wet 2-3 mounth period. The farmers almanac wasn't shitting when they said our region was gonna be wetter & hotter than normal....the temps always hot in the summer here but this rain was been hard to grow in. I definatly pray it drys up like MB said or we"ll be lucky if everything doesn't mold.:tiphat:

Same here man, the water levels on the creeks, rivers, etc are up much more than normal/average. I can't say its a bad thing, as of yet, actually so far I am extremely happy with all this rain we have had. Even though I water a TON this year by hand, they really didn't even need it the entire season thus far. But supplemental watering is always nice, and can benefit you to reap pounds more in the end. But I absolutely LOVE when we have a heavy down pour for a few hours or entire day/ night, then go checking the plants a couple days later and every time they blow up insanely larger... That rain water is their faborite, that's what really gets them to going, and the way the rain slowly feeds the roots rather than flooding them out.

But yeah man I am fixing to start doing mold/fungus/disease prevention within a week or so. I have some varieties already starting to flower, some not even close it appears. But I am definitely starting prevention very soon. With plants the size I have, I don't have time to slowly check every nook and cranny. I also don't have time to waste my money again on all these organic fungicide methods either like I had done for years. I am jumping straight to what I have found to work best and that is FLINT made by Bayer... Buy an almost $300.00 small bottle of FLINT and you will never have a disease issue again, especially bud rot and a a very little pinch goes a long long way. Toxicity is very low... Which has already been brought up in this thread before if anyone wants to search back some pages. But it works, simple as that. Its costly looking st that little bitty bottle with such a high $ tag, but one bottle should last for years! As this stuff is super concentrated and meant for acreage cover... However, that's when I thought about how many bottles over the years I have went through of this and that, organic methods, some chemical, time consuming mixes and on and on.... Then I realized how many thousands of dollars I had spent once added up here and there on all time wasted, when that one little expensive bottle could had taken me years...

:tiphat: