What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dank Zappa by Bodhi

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome man thanks so much for sharing looks fantastic hope when I do end up running them I run into the sweeter side of things.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey 40AmpstoFreedom, its an all around great strain but its main attributes were its look strength and high. It looked awesome and the smell was hashy spicy funk, had different batches from several different mothers over the years my friend grew it but it was always similar in the smell department. The high was the most special as it was an indica hammer for most, straight knockout and easy to overindulge on if you were an average smoker. For me though after years of smoking it I started having visions every once and awhile when smoking it. I've stated this several times before in old threads discussing Sensi' Hashplant. Most of the visions came true so its definitely something i'd love to have again, still pissed I passed on a mother so many years ago. The one I named the scary pheno was the best cut which was their 1st mother but it was one of the last few mothers they had that gave me the visions. They lost the strain and had to rebuy it several times when they were running it but it was still when they had good hashplant available before Sensi started falling off, outsourcing breedings, and there were no sativa phenos popping up in packs back then. Last time I checked Sensi out on Seedbou they didn't have anymore HP :(. I did hear a few years ago about an old cut of the Sensi HP that's taste like concord grapes that still makes the rounds in some circles.

Hey who dat is, that looked like an excellent grow. Sorry I wasn't around and missed it but thanks for recapping it in this thread. Those plants and buds looked awesome. This Dank Zappa strain definitely is something worth looking into at a later date ;). Take care 1

MTNMEN

OMFG you did her justice, hopefully i can find some of that tonight at a bank and try to do it justice as well! Very impressive dat! Thankyou so much for those pics man!

Tynehead Tom

ya, thanks a bunch for posting up the timelapse pics.
sitting on some of these beans and certainly found this preview useful.
:smokey:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Those look lovely WDI.

What's your assessment so far?
Have you sampled yet?

The smoke itself was kind of middle of the road, bland, etc. I settled on the #9 pheno because of the smell profile over the others but that translated better over to the taste test as well. I need to sample them again as it's been a minute and maybe they have come into their own more after curing? My friend (guinea pig) also preferred the #9 over the others as well for smell and taste. He said that there was a bit of lemon in there where as the others didn't have it. We'll see.

I also did one of the Grow Reports for Dank Zappa that can be seen under the Gold weed leaf under my avatar here in a couple of days but it won't have anything in it that this thread didn't.

Thanks for the well wishes and for stopping in everybody else :tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
Had Dank Zappa outside last summer. Had two, one was huge but got stem rot in late June, cut straight through and almost the entire plant fell over and broke. The little bit that was left turned out to be male anyway so it wasn't a big loss.
The other one was small and female. During a rain storm in September a big plant fell on it and messed with it. Plus it was in a container so it didn't reach it's full potential growthwise.
Smokewise it turned out awesome. Got the garlic pheno, really like it. Funky, spicy, hashy, quite stoney. Haven't had garlic hashplant in ages.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Burt

Veteran
I'm really intrigued with this newish strain from Bodhi which is a cross of (86UW Black Hashplant x 88G13/HP). I've been really intrigued with this strain since hearing about it, especially since there are some 86UW leaning phenos to be found. Some of you are probably sick of hearing me talk about it at this point but I'm on the lookout for a special smell and terpene profile that can be found on the mom's side that is said to smell like burning trash/plastic/rubber. I've only come across that smell one other time and that was from an MK Ultra from seed which I didn't keep and was several years ago at this point. I plan on germinating the Zappa's next but am still several weeks out from having the space. I still want to research and learn about it as much as I can though as far as how it grows, stature, what phenos to be looking for, etc. Any internet searching I've done has only turned up maybe a handful of threads with the majority being the first version of the cross that has since been canned because the original father, a Deadly G cut of 88G13/HP, came out too dominant in the cross. I've very excited to hunt on down this line and see what there is to be found on that weird atypical smell and terp profile that I described. Any and all help/input/info would be welcome. Thanks guys :yes:

I found a “tire fire” pheno was that in ak47
The terpen profile you desire is in the f2 of many strains, hybrids especially small nice the pitrid stench is naturally be to afghanis
I wasn’t fond of it but rest assured, if you f2 most hybrids, you will strike Goodyear gold

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I really need to add some Bodhi to the vault...:tiphat:

Beautiful stuff. Great documentation!

Any chance you would elaborate on your male isolation chamber? Very intrigued by that, and would like to hear how it works...

yahooman

i just got 5 freebie seeds of Sacred Legend Hashplant(Silver Mountain x Dream Beaver x (86' University Of Washington Black Hashplant x (88' G13 Pure Indica x Hashplant))

is this a good strain?ive no experience with hashplant

therevverend

Veteran
I enjoyed it a lot. Strong, relaxing medical type stuff but one time it really kicked my ass. I got some blunt wraps, decided to roll one up with the Zap. Fired it up with a friend and only made it halfway through. I'm not used to smoking tobacco so that may have been part of it, but I was so fucking high.

After burning half the blunt and having to set it down I somehow stumbled up the driveway and collapsed in my chair. Sort of stretched out and lay there, having what I can only describe as constipation of the mind. It was intense and kind of unpleasant, like you get when you're having an intense trip. There was something in the back of my subconscious that was bothering me and I had to do some intense self-examination before I figured out what it was. When I finally figured out what it was it was a huge relief. Very much like taking a dump through my brain. After an hour I was able to get up and do stuff.

Meanwhile my friend, who'd been drinking a bit, somehow was able to stumble over into his van and pass out for two hours. When he woke up he puked all over the place, then was all fucked up.

Of course normally the Dank Zappa isn't like that, it's just good strong cannabis but I got to say that blunt got me as high as anything has. Gave me a new-found respect for the strain.

Stoney's description of the smell is perfect, sort of a rotten funk but there's other interesting notes. It's unique and sounds unpleasant but it's not. It's a hash plant, lots of resin that's easily extracted with screens, presses into a nice chunk of hashish. I enjoyed it but I'm into that sort of thing.

The downside, at least outdoors, was a tendency towards stem rot although it's not susceptible towards bud rot unless it's really wet. Keep an eye on it in wet weather in the late spring and also as it gets close to harvest, don't want the main stem to get girdled.

HoChiMinh

Found this amazing pheno of Dank Zappa. Smells intensely like grapes off the vine as opposed to grape flavoring. The green phenos are all very spicey/hashy. Haven’t smoked her yet. I only got one pheno like this out of the pack.

Attachments

• D596CB1C-4EA8-435D-8965-49B0D848CEBC.jpeg
    D596CB1C-4EA8-435D-8965-49B0D848CEBC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31

St. Phatty

Sensi G13 x Hashplant from Sensi was a great plant, for me.

Since that strain name is sort of associated with Sensi, I figure that Bodhi bought a 100 or 200 seeds, for their own work with the strain.

I'm curious how people compare the G13 x Hashplant smell and smoke to OG Kush.