What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

talktosamson

Veteran
Its going to sound corny but I love the original blueberry by DJ short. I grew out a pack a few years ago and kept two very different phenos. The non mutant one is an amazing specimen, yeild, tast, snell and trippy high are all present, turns purple/blue and produces the best hash I've ever smoked. I keep a few blue crosees around but always come back to the normal pheno of the original DJ. Got some great pictures in my threads and albums.

Blaz3

Its going to sound corny but I love the original blueberry by DJ short. I grew out a pack a few years ago and kept two very different phenos. The non mutant one is an amazing specimen, yeild, tast, snell and trippy high are all present, turns purple/blue and produces the best hash I've ever smoked. I keep a few blue crosees around but always come back to the normal pheno of the original DJ. Got some great pictures in my threads and albums.
not corny at all..the man is well respected..and im sure alot of people will LOVE to have a couple thousand bucks to try out several packs of his strains..and choose keepers..lol...i know i'd like a really good blueberry keeper...

growhi

iv grown the bluebbonic and blue sat ..................... there not weak !!

its all relative to what your use to ..................... if your use to smoking northan lights , sensi star , heri , and chem dog all day

then yeah its going to be weak but its not a strain for power its for the quality of high ................. just like blueberry its self ................ its the quality of high that is the main reason its so popular !

not everyone wants to smoke heavy mind blowing , cant move , cant speak , im a zomie........ weed lol

Blaz3

lol...true growhi...some prefer nasty,sledgehammer tko indicas [like me]..some racy,cerebral alert highs..im too paranoid for those ;[...

but i AM growing herijuana and ko kush..which are supposed to be some extremely STRONG indicas...theyr in week 1 of 12/12.....got 10...under a 400hps...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahaha...Okay....here we go - I'm doing a bit of album jacking here - Credit goes to Phillthy for these shots:

Carolina Blue = Blue Sat 2.2 x Grape Krush

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And one from MeltingPot:

picture.php

And one of my own:

picture.php

So - what was that about something being "weak" - hahahaha - ya'll just don't know!!!

Got another 25 packs of Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 heading to the bay this week, for all you TRUE blue lovers out there!!

dank.Frank

I

izzywozzywizzy

I had blueberry from dutch passh 5 years ago very good fist size 8 weeker.med strength but taste and smell 100% blueberry.no hermititis.izzy.

BIGGS

Veteran
Is Zamalito still doing Breeders Choice? I see one of the BC's has some interesting sats but I dont hear much about them.

yes mate as far as i'm aware its still zam, hhf and numb. i'll send you a link to a outgrow they did last year with their lines.

Blaz3

haha dankfrank...man thats some nasty lookin' buds..yumyyyyyyyyyyy...looks good to go with a blueberry bluntwrap

T

trichster

gave my freebie 5 pack of BS2.2 away year ago that i got from seedbay or boutique cant remember. My buddy got 3 females and they all were heavy producers of weak potency ok tasting flowers. He gave me back the 2 males and i used one to cross to SSSDH and the outcome was super silver structure with grapefuit taste and smell but they were weak potency to and the SSSDH was very potent before being crossed to BS2.2. Thats my very small experience with BS2.2

supermanlives

Veteran
Weak?...as in bad?...
average strains at best. got the last of bluebonic drying now.wont grow either again.i am pretty picky and have high tolerance plus i smoke ciggies so my lungs are prob half clogged. neither made the cut. i only keep the best and trash the rest.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All about the pheno....

Carolina Blue is no slouch. Not the most "potent" - BUT what is potency??? - To most - "potent" usually means boring couch lock dumb you down body high.

Personally - I do limit potency to one single effect - certain herbs are more potent in the specific genetic realms that they exist in. A blueberry is never going to be a Chem - just not the same plants - not the same effect - not the same purpose.

Blueberry is - mind expanding - in a way that other herbs simply are not. That is potency - just a different kind of it.

Guess it all depends on your own personal endocannabinoid system - and how the various medicines effect you...

dank.Frank

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah some people dont seem to 'get' blueberry at all. each to their own. i like chem but i'd keep my Bb cut over my chem D all day long , hopefully i'll never have to choose though. :D

i like the gentle trippy light show it puts infront of my eyes. very lucid functional high but potent in it's own way.

VG

Blaz3

Superman what ARE the strains that have made the cut?..do you like indicas..sativas...

I believe the individual decides how "potent" a strain is..some strains have a very fast,1 hit on-set....some are "creepers"...you smoke half a blunt thinking "hmm its OK"....next thing you know your walking home and your legs are about to buckle and you cant WAIT to get home [ true story,long time ago,happened nearly everyday lol]....

some rank potent by a electric,wake your ass up good morning,mind numbing,body shakin' sativa high.....it all depends..me?...im a indica fan..sativas make me too damn paranoid...even though the "afterglow" of sativas are really nice...damn the first hour is hell ;[...

to ME..I rank potent by how fucked up,ass draggin'...cant even move your mouth cus your so damn stoned...and it preferbly comes on fast and hard...but I also like creepers...

G

Guest 150314

I liked the og x blue satellite quite a bit.

Donk and blubonic on the other hand didnt have much going for them other than the yield, not enjoyable smell or flavors for me.

If you can find highend seeds out there or Rene I would suggest looking at those, very funky blueberry nose and the high is one of my favorites. mellow and relaxing but laughy for me

G

Guest322028

Samnies seeds had a decent freebie named "El Monstre". There was sativas and indica in the pack and all was very berry. "Breeders Choice" was the collaborative putting out some really nice blues on the cheep! Get some peace homies

F

Fluffy Clouds

how creator of blue berry ranks potency

‘Ceiling’ is a term used to describe the level of potency obtainable from a given sample. Simply put, a ‘high ceiling’ would indicate that the more one consumes of the sample, the greater the effect; whereas a ‘low ceiling’ would indicate that max effect is reached after a certain amount has been consumed. Some herb such as a heavy couch-lock indica provides its full effect after a few tokes and consuming more does little to expand the effect. And some soaring sativa has virtually no end to its effect the more one consumes of it, to the point of being full-on psychedelic.

I tend to avoid, or cull out, what I refer to as ‘bland potency’—the distracting, stupefying, cloudy, etc., sensation associated with the effect of some cannabis. Basic potency testing is really a no-brainer; it’s as simple as finding the strongest effect with the least amount consumed or ingested. Parsing out the subtle characteristics from obviously potent herb, especially those characteristics that endure the tests of time, is the tricky part.

talktosamson

Veteran
My favorote way to discribe the high on good DJ blueberry is this. Once in college my friend and I drove to eugene and split a pound of the best blueberry I've ever seen, after a bowl or two we headed home down I5. On the way home ( which was a straight stretch of freeway) I was convinced we were going up and down hills, it was messing with my inner ear or something, or maybe is was mild visuals fom the blue, but either way. Good blueberry fucks me up in a much different way than a good indica or sativa.

Latest posts

Latest posts