What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I want to say about 20-30 gal. I have made about 15 gal this year already, and I am less than half and fairly close to empty. So based on that 23 gal maybe? I could take 60ml and throw it on my scale and divide into a pound if you really want?

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I will measure later today, but in other words, you don't get that much from the bottle. However, I prefer to use as a foliar spray and only mix up one gallon at a time so it lasts quite a while for me. I will get back to you with the exact amount.

How many gallons does your 5-1-1 make?

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Ok, so one "scoop" is used for one gallon of water. That scoop weighed 13 grams. So, 453.6 grams in a pound. 453.6 / 13 = 35.1 gallons. The foliage feed asks for 1-2 scoops, so I think that is where I got off my numbers. Hope this helps.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Thanks for the work OrganicBuds.:tiphat:I know the hydrolysate is a better product and is more readily taken in by plants than the emulsified. I am poor as hell so can only afford the emulsified for now. I do want some definitely. Weather it is in the cards or not this year depends on how much produce sells. Thank you

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Oh and I have to figure out how many gallons it makes. Given that it takes 2 tablespoons to make a gallon, a gallon makes a fuck of a lot.

EDIT: 1 Gallons (US) = 255.99939 Tablespoons (US). So a 16$ gallon jug of Alaska makes 125+ gallons of fertilizer. Sounds about right. I put roughly 1/3 of a jug and mix in a 55 gallon drum.

CoMedUsr

homemade fish hydroslate!

edit!

I've been getting run rampant by spinach leaf miner eggs. Just hand removed all of them. Haven't been using my summer row cover and don't have the compost ready yet. Aphids are rampant in my raised beds I think the ants are helping them. I have a bunch of lady bugs doing work but I think I might need to supplement.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
The ants are in my garden as well. To battle the aphids and ants in my garden I just blast them off with water, drowning them. It's organic!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have crazy ants here and i can see them herding the aphids around,the neem oil and silica blast sprays have been keeping them in check,not the ants though...

CoMedUsr

Attachments

• radtoppesto.jpg
    radtoppesto.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 17

CoMedUsr

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111

I sell to a small amount of friends (& give some away/share obviously too) and they said my greens are better than what they get from their fancy localfarmsfirst program! I also tried a radish from the local market & mine was waaaaaaaaaaay tastier.

Hooray! :p

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
mmm broccoli. that radish top pesto is a great idea, I will have to try it
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php