What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Java not loading for chat.

yum114

I am using firefox and when I go to chat nothing happens I just see a blank screen and at the bottom of firefox it says "applet failed to intialize"(I think). I have java installed and it works for other chatrooms that require it. And Im not sure but I just read I need 50 posts to get in, but I dont think thats the reason because nothing even loads.

B

baccas125

hey yum114 you need 50 post before you can enter chat. cya soon! :joint:

yum114

ok I just looked and thats not the reason. I tried in IE and it loaded it just said wrong password when I tried to log into chat. Can it be that Im already logged in in firefox so I dont need to log into chat, it just detects it when I click chat?

B

baccas125

Thants a good question?? I use firefox and always have to log in??

yum114

thats not the problem. I logged out and tried to go to chat in firefox and it still said applet failed to initalize.

B

baccas125

Yum your best bet is to contact Greeb Lantern he can help you with this via PM.

Brownpants

You have Firefox set to use java right?

tools>>options>>web features>> have both java script and java enabled.

You might want to clear your cache too.

I have to disable privoxy to chat as well.