What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

over watering ?

lotatokin

12/12 since 7-5 female,,,,just put in great soil a week ago. did i over water her ? also gave fox farm tiger bloom on 7-20,,,,,,,,,,,,,what do we do here? thanks in advance,,,,,,you guys are all so great !

Your soil should be loose enough to drain quickly when you flush but after flushing you might want to put a fan close by to aid in evaporation. After a flush I let the plants go at least 4-6 days so that the soil really has a good time to dry out before the next watering. You'll see them grow pretty quick after they dry out from a flush.

lotatokin said:
12/12 since 7-5 female,,,,just put in great soil a week ago. did i over water her ? also gave fox farm tiger bloom on 7-20,,,,,,,,,,,,,what do we do here? thanks in advance,,,,,,you guys are all so great !

You need to check your runoff's ph. . . . .

G

Ok, this lady is showing classic signs of nute burn. Leaves drooping down, dark green, shrivelled up and small, etc.

Chances are very good that you cooked this lady. Nute burn is a tough one to recover from, especially in soil due to the over watering concerns.

What is your soil mix? Are you adding nutes?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is't good enough :nono:...you should meassure soils ph with some distilled water and a little soil...wait for 5 min and test slurry....ohw and is your meter calibrated?....it looks like a ph prob or rootrot imo.....

Ed Borg

Let the soil dry out thoroughly before watering again. It looks like you are also over feeding. Go lightly with everything for better results. Keep the water Ph between 6.5 and 7.0 Success

rekiz

Klutter said:
Ok, this lady is showing classic signs of nute burn. Leaves drooping down, dark green, shrivelled up and small, etc.

Chances are very good that you cooked this lady. Nute burn is a tough one to recover from, especially in soil due to the over watering concerns.

What is your soil mix? Are you adding nutes?

enough said... it may take some time to recover from this.....rekiz

G

That "good" soil doesan't look like it has any perlite in it. Your soil should be about 1/3 perlite by volume so that it will drain well. I would make up a soil like in the organic section and repot. See Burnones Sticky.

That plant is so bad that I would take it out of that pot and wash it right down to bare roots. Then replant in soil made according to that Sticky. Remove those lower dead leaves and bury plant's stem up to the current 2nd node. Put a little Rootone on burried portion of the stem. At this point you can't hurt it by doing this

Obli

See the perlite? Ya need it in there for good aeration and drainage

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Good advice Obli!

First thing I saw too was no perlite in your soil. Definitely waterlogged.

The nute defs I see seem to have happened in the past, as it is old growth affected at the bottom, magnesium and calcium issue. The newer top growth looks better (minus the watering issue), but there is some mag def up there....see how the green in the leaf fades, but the veins stay dark? Mag def. Those brown spots on the leaves? Calcium def. This damage will not reverse, but watch any new growth and make sure the existing damage is not getting worse.

Replant in proper mix, let the pots almost dry right out before watering, and hopefully it will recover, provided the roots aren't too damaged by now.

Heed the ph directions, as well.

Good luck.

G

I know Ocean Forest is a good soil although I have never used it. I make up my own. If there is perlite in there, it sure isn't very apparent. The perlite is usually visible in soils containing sufficient perlite. After watering perlite makes its way to the soil surface. I don't see a single particle of it in your pics. So if that soil does have perlite, it is not enough. IMO of course :sasmokin:

lotatokin

oh,,,,,and REKIZ,,,,,,,da fuck you mean enough said ? excuse me,,,, if you dont have any advice,,, or at least something worth while,,,,,,,,,,butt the fuck out ! what kind of shit is that "enough said" are you serious ? BAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHUTUP !

G

lotatokin said:
oh,,,,,and REKIZ,,,,,,,da fuck you mean enough said ? excuse me,,,, if you dont have any advice,,, or at least something worth while,,,,,,,,,,butt the fuck out ! what kind of shit is that "enough said" are you serious ? BAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHUTUP !

Ouch man... lighten up. Rekiz was basically just saying that what I thought was going on was 'enough said'. Kill the attitude and smoke a bowl...

BTW - I use Foxfarm and although it does have a little perlite in it, it's not near enough. You need to mix more in there prior to planting, otherwise the drainage is too low for the ladies to let their roots breathe.

rekiz

Sorry a little bit of a misunderstanding thing going on here..... rather then repeating what was said I just used an Aussie frase "enough said"...... which obviously hit a sore spot... :smoweed:

medicallylegal1

fox farm is a hot soil mix!!9ocean forest) i made same mistake, ya need alot!!! extra perlite n id add some happy frog potting w/ moss, then you,ll have a more (soggy soil) i lost 6 beauties and i never had that happen like that, was root lock, they just where bound from getting to much h20 in bottom and roots where satched.(saturated) even in small pots, lost some old time strains too, **i,m not gonna use the fox farm nomore ,i always do 100% w/my own mix, then ya know whats in it!!!! just a hint.....lighten up some of you guys..

bosshogg

Agreed also might wana use half strength tosee how it goes.ti ger bloom also has s synthetic salts try big bloom its all natural amd has lo..ts of microbeasties....then I like to finish of f with a top dressing of good ol bat guano.be easy cause to much can burn.'.........peace n chicken grease

Latest posts

Latest posts