What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hedge Funds seethe as commoners cash in

Cannavore

Veteran
Es5ozsnW8AAzCc1

Badfishy1

This along with every other thread you and zeez post in are nothing more than smooth brain msm talking points. Point and case you blaming retail traders for the actions of a hedge fund. You are assblasted your corporate overlords are losing money to literal basement dwellers. I have ZERO sympathy for anybody who losses money while gambling their or other people’s money. If everything is on the up and up, explain the ‘this one $13b hedge fund will crash the whole market’. Let me give you a question you may be able to answer on your own with a little thought... how are you ok with 1 hedge fund propping up the whole economy. Weren’t you crying drumpf is a billionaire for 4 years? But now your overlords have you shilling (for free) these same billionaires are great? What gives? At least get paid for doing their bidding

igrowone

Veteran
badfishy
this has nothing to do with loving billionaires, hedge funds , ...
but if you allow little guys(self described anyways) to effectively manipulate a stock price
then it's open season, everyone can do it
result? likely not good - most likely economic disaster
but not really a danger, legal actions are in the works from what I can see
and I don't mind the idea of greedy fucks getting smoked by the system
but smoking the whole system until it's a smoking crater?
puff puff - pass please

Badfishy1

badfishy
this has nothing to do with loving billionaires, hedge funds , ...
but if you allow little guys(self described anyways) to effectively manipulate a stock price
then it's open season, everyone can do it
result? likely not good - most likely economic disaster
but not really a danger, legal actions are in the works from what I can see
and I don't mind the idea of greedy fucks getting smoked by the system
but smoking the whole system until it's a smoking crater?
puff puff - pass please

There is your fundamental flaw in the whole equation. You are OK with billionaire manipulation. Explain how $5b injections to Melvin is NOT market manipulation. If Melvin fails due to their irresponsible trading, tough shit. You have a problem with a $250 gme stock (only due to fat cat’s being called out on their fuckery) but look away from MANY manipulations ($5b injections, closing of RH, ameritrade halting trading) because they somehow earned it? Stockholm syndrome much?

Edit: and yes, I’m an accelerationist... if you have a paper tiger financial system burn that mother fucker to the ground. Why are you so happy with a debt based economy?

igrowone

Veteran
There is your fundamental flaw in the whole equation. You are OK with billionaire manipulation. Explain how $5b injections to Melvin is NOT market manipulation. If Melvin fails due to their irresponsible trading, tough shit. You have a problem with a $250 gme stock (only due to fat cat’s being called out on their fuckery) but look away from MANY manipulations ($5b injections, closing of RH, ameritrade halting trading) because they somehow earned it? Stockholm syndrome much?
if they've been manipulating they should get the red hot poker in the dak place just like anybody else
I did go over to CNBC since you've labeled me a CNBC fanboy(nothing to lose)
I did see a good byline, Cramer saying they should take their home run and sell
if they cash in good for them, a weakness in the system exposed
I'm more wary of it becoming the 'new' way for everyone to beat the market
just kind of watch and see the fallout, might be some overdue regulatory changes
and I will laugh if some greedy hedge funders get the no vaseline treatment

Badfishy1

if they've been manipulating they should get the red hot poker in the dak place just like anybody else
I did go over to CNBC since you've labeled me a CNBC fanboy(nothing to lose)
I did see a good byline, Cramer saying they should take their home run and sell
if they cash in good for them, a weakness in the system exposed
I'm more wary of it becoming the 'new' way for everyone to beat the market
just kind of watch and see the fallout, might be some overdue regulatory changes
and I will laugh if some greedy hedge funders get the no vaseline treatment

Of course Cramer is pushing to sell. Why would anybody sell when the cap possibilities are basically endless. Cramer also is saying Melvin has settled their positions. They haven’t. They have sold their shorts to other funds which then sells them back to Melvin. Rinse and repeat. Every ‘sale’ drives share prices down. This is a 1900’s smoke and mirrors circus act using boomers retirement funds as the main attraction. Sure you can hope for more regulations, but that doesn’t help the 130% short that has already happened. As far as becoming the new way to beat the system, it can ONLY happen again IF the hedge funds you love so much continue with their bullshit ways. Other than willful ignorance, their is NO way you can pin this on retail sellers.

igrowone

Veteran
Of course Cramer is pushing to sell. Why would anybody sell when the cap possibilities are basically endless. Cramer also is saying Melvin has settled their positions. They haven’t. They have sold their shorts to other funds which then sells them back to Melvin. Rinse and repeat. Every ‘sale’ drives share prices down. This is a 1900’s smoke and mirrors circus act using boomers retirement funds as the main attraction. Sure you can hope for more regulations, but that doesn’t help the 130% short that has already happened. As far as becoming the new way to beat the system, it can ONLY happen again IF the hedge funds you love so much continue with their bullshit ways. Other than willful ignorance, their is NO way you can pin this on retail sellers.
that the hedgefunders may have to change their practices
no problem with that, things change and you must adapt
just part of the landscape
but it would make a lot more sense for some to make their money and move on
may not be 'fair' but bringing the system down will not get you more real money
just the opposite actually, an economic wasteland benefits no one

Badfishy1

that the hedgefunders may have to change their practices
no problem with that, things change and you must adapt
just part of the landscape
but it would make a lot more sense for some to make their money and move on
may not be 'fair' but bringing the system down will not get you more real money
just the opposite actually, an economic wasteland benefits no one

Either you and I
A. have the same access to play in the economic system
B. We can only participate in the economy when it is beneficial to ONLY some suits/ corporate overlords.
You are ok with B. I’m glad you not only are ok with, but PROMOTE class warfare between the billionaires and the working class. Cool, get in line with the rest of the cattle. Your overlords thank you.
One last question though, in your mind, how are you ok with the commoner taking it on the chin to protect a billionaires 5 properties and hundred million dollar yachts? Seems you enjoy your position or paycheck to paycheck. No desire for financial security?

packerfan79

Veteran
Nice to see the corporate boys exposing themselves. It's fine for billionaires to destroy businesses, but if individuals turn the tables and It's just terrible.

Word is the Biden administration, pushed Robinhood to stop the small guy, and prop up the billionaires.

igrowone

Veteran
Either you and I
A. have the same access to play in the economic system
B. We can only participate in the economy when it is beneficial to ONLY some suits/ corporate overlords.
You are ok with B. I’m glad you not only are ok with, but PROMOTE class warfare between the billionaires and the working class. Cool, get in line with the rest of the cattle. Your overlords thank you.
One last question though, in your mind, how are you ok with the commoner taking it on the chin to protect a billionaires 5 properties and hundred million dollar yachts? Seems you enjoy your position or paycheck to paycheck. No desire for financial security?
A is the ideal
love A, should be A, but it's not
reality is somewhere in between
you see me in B, that's your perspective but it's just your perspective
now it would be good if the current situation can be laid at the billionaire's doorstep
sadly what they have done is probably legal(mostly)
so let the current situation unwind
then do a little system fixing, new law or better enforcement
it won't take us to the land of the pink Unicorn( choice A)
but it will improve things

dramamine

A is the ideal
love A, should be A, but it's not
reality is somewhere in between
you see me in B, that's your perspective but it's just your perspective
now it would be good if the current situation can be laid at the billionaire's doorstep
sadly what they have done is probably legal(mostly)
so let the current situation unwind
then do a little system fixing, new law or better enforcement
it won't take us to the land of the pink Unicorn( choice A)
but it will improve things

Weak sauce.
Did you also think Occupy Wall Street was "dangerous"?
Many people see the beloved U.S. economy for what it is: class warfare. How long should the money flow upward and never back to the people? We should wait and hope they eventually do the right thing? Thousands of years of history say that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should have everyone voice there opinion of the best short and long places to be.I mean, everybody has an opinion right? Whus Yo's?

I'd be short silver
everybody should own a little gold ( for the hell of it-)
long long long early quarter eagles
I love classic quarter and half eagles-Long long long
long pork bellies
short sugar
long on Florida real estate-everywhere in the state but specially from Orlando on South
SHORT on california real estate
short the price of weed across the fruited plain ( in general.Always a top shelf that's $++

that's it for now, I ain't sayins no mo!

I don't do the stock market so....,,,,can you buy stock in Gucci? If so, go long.:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
Weak sauce.
Did you also think Occupy Wall Street was "dangerous"?
Many people see the beloved U.S. economy for what it is: class warfare. How long should the money flow upward and never back to the people? We should wait and hope they eventually do the right thing? Thousands of years of history say that doesn't work.
there is no more Wall Street, been dead for years
the computer trading systems are mostly housed in New Jersey last I saw
Wall street is unoccupiable because it's everywhere

Badfishy1

Never fear lads... thankfully, Janet Yellen, Bidens treasury secretary only received 810k in speaking fees from Citadel, the same hedge fund that bailed Melvin. But according to Jen Psaki, whose also has family members who at one point worked for citadel said she deserved the speaking fees. Just relax people the DNC is for the people. Nothing personal boys

ButterflyEffect

$GME to the moon!

Gonna be a riot watching these hedgies squirm. Got em by the short hairs this time around. They'll change the rules after this, as cheaters are wont to do, but the damage is done. We found a way.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Melvin is shorting at the top trying to recover some on the way down.

igrowone

Veteran
the talk is the peak has been reached
even more shorts are being placed
could be a real ugly ride down

Badfishy1

It’s a war of attrition. Sure some limp wrists will sell. Those that understand (a majority of those that have been in this for more than a week) including some heavy hitters won’t be scared off by some zio-capitalists making their rounds on MSM. Sure they are STILL shorting the fuck out of GME. They have NO choice. There are also plenty of blackballed investors who have no problem losing a couple million to keep hedge funds (at minimum) sweating and forcing more risk or (best case scenario) folding. As far as the ‘peak’ being reached, until Melvin settles their position, that is nothing more than room temp iq hot takes. To the moon lads. Also, you have yet to explain how Melvin can possibly settle 130% of available shares. Even IF every share was sold, Melvin is 30% short.

Latest posts

Latest posts