What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The grow must go on

orangina

Veteran
Hellooo everybody,:tiphat:

I hope everyone is doing fine!

As many of us are struggling with social distancing, home-office, kids at home, good weather yet curfew, I hope the content on our digital social networks will help us to comply with these measures.

So to sweeten the day a bit or at least to make it indoors more bearable I will try to post as often as I can some nice pictures, smoke reports and thoughts about some strains I grew lately.
Many of them are from ACE, yet there will be also some other gems.

Stay safe, take care and be kind. :huggg:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello Orangina,
For me social spacing is very easy. My mailbox is 3 miles from my house. To say I am secluded is an understatement. I would love to see some pictures you have.
Peace brother

orangina

Veteran
Honduras Breeze

Honduras Breeze

So my first pictures will be of my beautiful Honduras Breeze which I just harvested...
I have to say this plant was pretty easy to grow. It stretched a lot, but to a moderate size as she was topped and pretty small at the beginning.
She has quite a hungry beast, yet I used ferts very carefully because some ACE strains were more sensitive to ferts. So she suffered a bit but she still became very beautiful.
Generally I would recommend her and consider growing her again, after I am done with other strains, but that will depend as well on the smoke.
I forgot I harvested her a bit early, around 10,5 weeks due to a lack of space. She could have gone two weeks longer maybe three, but I needed the space. In the past week she brought out many new flowers. Let's hope she will be still a nice smoke.

The smell is very delicate so far. It makes me think of sweet diesel. It does not smell directly like Diesel, but as I would imagine a very sweet lemony diesel smell. It smells very promising to make it short.

orangina

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by!

Hello Orangina,
For me social spacing is very easy. My mailbox is 3 miles from my house. To say I am secluded is an understatement. I would love to see some pictures you have.
Peace brother

I hope you still enjoy some social niceties here and there otherwise be my guest and enjoy the Honduras Breeze.:)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Aridbud, always nice to see you my friend.

Orangina, thank you for posting some pictures. I have purchased some of the Honduras genetics when they first came out. A friend in Oregon has them now. I'm waiting to hear from him and see what he's done with them. As an American breeder I know he's pretty busy stabilizing his strains.

So many genetics here are nothing more than a complete delusion of the gene pool. A cross of a cross of a cross of a cross and it just keeps going on and on.
Most people buy into the hype of mediocrity. Unless you're growing your own plants and doing it right. You have nothing to compare the hype to. When you see for yourself it's just watered down genetics and name changes until they find something that sales.

Sorry for the rant , peace brother

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orangina,

Great title for your thread :D :yes:

Crazy times indeed. Not easy to deal with the work and our daily duties while being closed down home with kids. We are here in our 3rd week of mandatory quarantine and it's starting to get hard. But it's crucial we stay at home now as much as possible as we are in the worst moment of the spreading of the virus. Wish you all stay healthy during these difficult uncertain times.

Meanwhile, it's a good moment to work on indoor gardening, and at least enjoy some online social contact with friends through forums like this one.
It will be a pleasure to follow your past, current and future grows here in this thread and to keep in touch :tiphat:

orangina

Veteran
Thai Chi

Thai Chi

Hello everybody!

Sorry I promised to post as often as possible, but now it has been a few days already. Well I hope everyone is fine and coping with the situation or, in case all is fine, chilling in the sun.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So many genetics here are nothing more than a complete delusion of the gene pool. A cross of a cross of a cross of a cross and it just keeps going on and on.
Most people buy into the hype of mediocrity. Unless you're growing your own plants and doing it right. You have nothing to compare the hype to. When you see for yourself it's just watered down genetics and name changes until they find something that sales.

[/FONT]
I hear you and generally have respect for breeders like ACE properly working their strains. As breeding involves time and effort, I find it okay to make an early release of a cross to finance the further generations. However, I think breeders should be transparent about it.

I think one should also distinguish between a cross and a strain. As long as a cross is not predictable in its offspring due to variation, then its just a cross and not a strain and the other way around.

I have to confess as well that I myself made a few crosses and grew crosses from friends. That can be fun and also bring some really nice crosses and weed. The main thing is just how transparent people are and to what extend one falls into the rabbit whole of fame and hype....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meanwhile, it's a good moment to work on indoor gardening, and at least enjoy some online social contact with friends through forums like this one.
It will be a pleasure to follow your past, current and future grows here in this thread and to keep in touch
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yea it's true it's a good time to do some indoor gardening. I hope you are also working on some nice stuff! Just kidding.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have to admit that I bought really a lot of your sativa crosses. Tomorrow the Zamal Bliss will be tested. I already posted a pic of her before harvest in the pinned ZB thread. She seemed very hairy yet appealing. Also harvested a Bangi x Panama, Nepalese Jam and Congo KaliChina but more of that another time...[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today will be about Thai Chi
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have to say that she stretched a lot and had quite some long internodes. I think due to my height problems it is generally hard to grow such sativa, but I do my best.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The flowers have some purple colors and are relatively dense for such a sativa. The smell is odd. It has some freshness, tea like, like lemongrass tea, but also a weird spicyness. It's not like incense haze but also pleasing. I can imagine it's due to the Kali Mist influence.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to the current situation I smoke more and that gives me quite some tolerance at the moment. I would rate it a moderate smoke in regard to potency, but not a weak one. One does certainly feel the buzz, yet there is no feeling to heaviness. I enjoyed it a lot to have a walk in the afternoon. The sun seemed a bit more intense and I also felt somehow more alert and receptive. At the same time I could think quite focused about a topic and forgetting myself on the street. Although I felt good I walked relatively fast and I guess it would be also a nice smoke to dance with.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A little disclaimer, under the current situation I'm not meeting friends. I'm just at home with flatmates and going for walks but not to parties. So my assessment lacks a bit the social situation assessment or a proper sociobility score :biggrin:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Probably it would not interfere too much, but I think it is more the weed to enjoying in a calmer yet active context.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would recommend her, but I did not keep mine, I grew the mother, just harvested a clone and soon another clone will follow. There are many more seeds to grow and also a few Thai Chis.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wish you all the best :huggg:
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orangina,

Thai Chi is a big favorite here among us.
Thai Chi's effect is very well focused and enhances your perception and reality rather than drastically change it,
it works great for both: introspection and to enjoy and feel connected with outer world.

Looking forward for your next smoke report ;)

orangina

Veteran
Thai Chi

Thai Chi

Hello everybody!

I hope you all and your loved ones are doing good. Today again a little update to digest the current situation.

Hi orangina,

Thai Chi is a big favorite here among us.
Thai Chi's effect is very well focused and enhances your perception and reality rather than drastically change it,
it works great for both: introspection and to enjoy and feel connected with outer world.

Looking forward for your next smoke report

Thank you Dubi for the kind words and the nice breeding work that ACE SEEDS is doing for us.:tiphat:
I think you are spot on with your description, yet I have to do some more testing...
Here are some better shots of the final product.

Have a good time and stay safe...:huggg:

Shooters

Still growing and still going to work which here they labeled essential so I get to grow there as well.

Green house C:

picture.php

Fortunately we haven't had anybody get sick and we are still doing harvest of 600 plants every two weeks between three green houses and two indoor grows.

orangina

Veteran
Wow Shooters, nice greenhouse!:peacock:
Which strain is it that you are growing there? Is it KaliChina or another strain from ACE?

I hope your and your folks are staying fine. Unfortunately we hear a lot of worrying news from all around the planet.
In case you are up for it and find the time some more pics would be highly appreciated.
Wish you guys all the best..:tiphat:

orangina

Veteran
Thai Chi

Thai Chi

A little update:
I tested again some Thai Chi and I have to say the weed is getting better by every day. It still has this particular sharpness, but also a very nice euphoria.

Some days ago I went to have a walk with my girlfriend just after dusk and smoked some THaiChi. It was nicely clear yet very euphoric and also the illuminated buildings gave some very picturesque impressions which I enjoyed a lot. It is not really that trippy more joy and playfull for the mind.

Thanks again Dubi. I think I will like her more and more.

orangina

Veteran
Bangi Congo x Panama

Bangi Congo x Panama

Happy easter

Today you can find, hidden in the text, some easter eggs or should I say some pictures of my recently harvested Bangi Congo x Panama flowers.

Let's see whether one finds one or two...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It is still a bit early, yet I would like to share my first impressions of the Congo x Panama with you.
Recently I met with a friend outside and we each had a little pure joint of her. It is still a bit early to describe the taste, yet I could notice a spicy taste which is also present is some haze crosses yet not directly hazey per se. I always associate it with gunpowder. So this gunpowder hazey spice was present and a slight citric earth lemon flavor.

Compared to the Zamal Bliss the effect came in quite quick. It was as if we had put on some funny goggles. It alters your perception a bit to a more dreamy, visual, curiosity state without feeling heavy or overly confused. We also met by chance some people during our walk and conversation was not too complicated, yet also rather short due to the current situation. I would say it had some haze hybrid similarities, like the dreamy state and perceptional alteration, but in a rather kind way.
I will write again a bit more about her when I tested her a bit more, but I hope you enjoyed these first glimpse.

have a nice day everybody:tiphat:

orangina

Veteran
Bangi Congo x Panama

Bangi Congo x Panama

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]@nepalnt21: Thank you.
[/FONT]

BangiCongo x Panama looks yummy and tight! Very appealing.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

The plant had as well relative tight buds, but the flowers were vacuum sealed for two weeks, therefore the tight structure.

Here are two pics from harvest. Not that good though..

picture.php

picture.php

She could have been more dialed in... It's a nice plant and I will have to do more testing to do her justice.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing Shooters :tiphat: What a beautiful greenhouse!

What kind of genetics are you growing there ?
Hope you and yours are doing well and healthy.

Still growing and still going to work which here they labeled essential so I get to grow there as well.

Green house C:

View Image

Fortunately we haven't had anybody get sick and we are still doing harvest of 600 plants every two weeks between three green houses and two indoor grows.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orangina,

After 3-4 months of curing Thai Chi harvest is at its best, her smoke enhances and makes brighter any experience. I'm sure you will miss her once she is gone ;)

The spicy and rounder medium sized flowers and slight purpling of your Bangi Congo x Panama comes from the Bangi Congo mother,
the hazy lemony terpens and the kind, dreamy and trippy psychoactivity comes from Panama. Thanks for the feedback :)

orangina

Veteran
Honduras Breeze

Honduras Breeze

Hello guys,

the other day I did some early testing of the Honduras Breeze. First things first, I think it is still a bit early and as you can see on the harvest pics on the earlier post I did harvest her a bit early as well. So this could have influenced the weed as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My friend and me found a nice elevated spot, giving us a nice view thus we could enjoy the testing. We each had a small pure spliff again.
The weed has still this nice lemon sour diesel which I pointed out after the harvest, mixed with some other herby nuances. The aroma is nice, yet with a bit more curing it will become more delicate for sure.

So we smoked our joints and the effect came in very slowly. I would describe it as a rather soft, yet not to soft effect, somewhat subtile yet there. I was very relaxed without feeling heavy. We talked about a lot of things sharing memories of younger times. At some point I asked my friend what he thought of the weed and he answered "yea it's really pleasant, I fell it yet it is kind and gives me a bit some nostalgia." When I told him it was Honduras Breeze he rplied yea that's how I would describe it. It is like a soft breeze.

I guess the potency will develop with the curing process and would I have harvested the plant ten to 14 days later it would have gained a bit more potancy, however, I still enjoy it a lot and find it very nice summer weed for during the day.

It also convinced me to buy some Tikal x Honduras from the R&D section. Have the Tikal in flower right now and thus not tasted her yet, but the smoke of the Honduras Breeze triggered my curiosity and I wanted to try her in combination with some other genetics.

I will update my thoughts about this strain as time goes by...

Thanks for the work ACE