What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help - Growing issues grodan type system

acabud

Hello to All !!! I am an old Pro mix and out door grower. I am growing in a grodan type system. So clone to 1" , to 4" to 6 or 8" slab.
I have had this problem start after about 2 year of this method and about 6 months ago it started.
I have a clean block facility with food grade plastic for walls , metal and pvc tables. Basically nothing that wood burn like drywall ( anywhere ).
I am growing about 25 different strains.From gorilla glue to diesel, seeds from online to start from Europe. I am having the problem in two different rooms from mothers to bloom. Although the new seeds seemed to take about 4 weeks and maybe are just starting to get effected. So it seem to hit anywhere from 2 weeks to the end of bloom. They start to finish in grodan. The plant bud out on the table 3 to 4 feet tall.It is actually Rockwool. The water temp of nutrients are 60 to 70 degrees at feeding time. I flood the tables anywhere from once a day to every 3 days for mothers and clones.. The roots are white and health even at the end when you cut the bags open to look.I mixed my own nutrient from bulk 6 pack until I got the problem ,at which point I went to DNF premixed with growth additive from DNF and in bloom I added DNF diamond , bloom stacker and DNF Bloom fortifier.My EC is 400 for cuttings/seeds 800 for veg and 1100 for bloom.I ph digitally to 5.8 in veg and 5.5 in bloom every time. Also use air stones in any unused or standing food reservoirs. ph is tested every day.I have buffer and calibrate my equipment every three days.Fresh food is mixed every day as needed.The tables are cleaned with bleach and purged with water every two crops.I am running HID 1000w (3 per 5 by 10 table ) staggered metal halite and high pressure sodium alternating between the bloom tables evenly every 3 feet is the opposite kind for fully blended light. Mothers are under HID and kind LED lights in different areas. cuttings are under t-5 and t-8s. The bulbs are anywhere from 1 month to a year old. The light to canopy is 2 to 3 feet .There are dehums every 200 sq ft and are all set to 50% and emptied twice a day every day. The rooms all have ductless AC and clones are 78 and bloom is 76. I use air scrubbers and do not pipe in outside air. ( I have grown for over 30 years without full time fresh air brought in) The night temp drops about 5 degrees in all rooms.There are fans every 60 sq ft with scrubbers every 400 sq ft then split and returned. Each room keeps its own air. No exchange other then workers entering and exiting the rooms three times a day each about an hour in the room with the door open. I thought the problem was water but I have tried 5 different water sources. One city water and 3 were different wells. One was desalinated water. I tried all the different types for 3 weeks to see if the plants got healthier.Mostly hard water.Some plants have air on them but only with moving fans some do not , only fans in the room. The ppm of the waters ranges from 100 to 400 depending on where I got it. Except the desalinated was 0 ppm.One water did go through a water softener but seemed to make no difference. There are no visible pests. I have grown though mites and gnats and so on over the years but have never had anything at the new facility. The last three weeks I have tried rust spray from the hydroponic store once every three days but it actually seemed to make it worse in bloom room. The end product is very nice but quality and yields have dropped. I am attaching photos of different rooms and different stages and one of the buds at 7 weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I would appreciate any help at all !!!!!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200312_174150.jpg
    20200312_174150.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200312_173438.jpg
    20200312_173438.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200312_173331.jpg
    20200312_173331.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 19-12-03 153541.jpg
    19-12-03 153541.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 22

acabud

Any ideas ??

Any ideas ??

Hello everyone !! Just wondering if there are any ideas even to try. I can post more photos and/or info if anyone wants. I am running experiments in the different rooms on different plants now.
Some seedlings come down with it again yesterday. They are about 6 to 8 weeks old and the oldest bottom leaves seem to be where it is starting. Right from the tip down , not nutrient burn or rust but it "looks" like a combination of both. The new growth on all effected plants is hit last.
Thanks again in advance. Any help is appreciated !!

TheDarkStorm

Looks like your locking out the calcium..and iron....probably due to the way your feeding...try feeding twice a day...it should stablize the ph in the block more...you should even be able to do 3 feeds...you cant over water the blocks unless your constantly saturating them...the structure is designed to hold air aswel as water....

brickweeder

Hello to All !!! I am an old Pro mix and out door grower. I am growing in a grodan type system. So clone to 1" , to 4" to 6 or 8" slab.
I have had this problem start after about 2 year of this method and about 6 months ago it started.
I have a clean block facility with food grade plastic for walls , metal and pvc tables. Basically nothing that wood burn like drywall ( anywhere ).
I am growing about 25 different strains.From Original Glue to diesel, seeds from online to start from Europe. I am having the problem in two different rooms from mothers to bloom. Although the new seeds seemed to take about 4 weeks and maybe are just starting to get effected. So it seem to hit anywhere from 2 weeks to the end of bloom. They start to finish in grodan. The plant bud out on the table 3 to 4 feet tall.It is actually Rockwool. The water temp of nutrients are 60 to 70 degrees at feeding time. I flood the tables anywhere from once a day to every 3 days for mothers and clones.. The roots are white and health even at the end when you cut the bags open to look.I mixed my own nutrient from bulk 6 pack until I got the problem ,at which point I went to DNF premixed with growth additive from DNF and in bloom I added DNF diamond , bloom stacker and DNF Bloom fortifier.My EC is 400 for cuttings/seeds 800 for veg and 1100 for bloom.I ph digitally to 5.8 in veg and 5.5 in bloom every time. Also use air stones in any unused or standing food reservoirs. ph is tested every day.I have buffer and calibrate my equipment every three days.Fresh food is mixed every day as needed.The tables are cleaned with bleach and purged with water every two crops.I am running HID 1000w (3 per 5 by 10 table ) staggered metal halite and high pressure sodium alternating between the bloom tables evenly every 3 feet is the opposite kind for fully blended light. Mothers are under HID and kind LED lights in different areas. cuttings are under t-5 and t-8s. The bulbs are anywhere from 1 month to a year old. The light to canopy is 2 to 3 feet .There are dehums every 200 sq ft and are all set to 50% and emptied twice a day every day. The rooms all have ductless AC and clones are 78 and bloom is 76. I use air scrubbers and do not pipe in outside air. ( I have grown for over 30 years without full time fresh air brought in) The night temp drops about 5 degrees in all rooms.There are fans every 60 sq ft with scrubbers every 400 sq ft then split and returned. Each room keeps its own air. No exchange other then workers entering and exiting the rooms three times a day each about an hour in the room with the door open. I thought the problem was water but I have tried 5 different water sources. One city water and 3 were different wells. One was desalinated water. I tried all the different types for 3 weeks to see if the plants got healthier.Mostly hard water.Some plants have air on them but only with moving fans some do not , only fans in the room. The ppm of the waters ranges from 100 to 400 depending on where I got it. Except the desalinated was 0 ppm.One water did go through a water softener but seemed to make no difference. There are no visible pests. I have grown though mites and gnats and so on over the years but have never had anything at the new facility. The last three weeks I have tried rust spray from the hydroponic store once every three days but it actually seemed to make it worse in bloom room. The end product is very nice but quality and yields have dropped. I am attaching photos of different rooms and different stages and one of the buds at 7 weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I would appreciate any help at all !!!!!
I tried reading that long block of text but after a few lines, I'm like "fuck this!" A block of text that just runs on and on and on with no structure is a pain in the ass to read. Might want to make your posts more concise and break it up into paragraphs with each one discussing one topic rather than jamming it all together and leaving the reader to weed through the mass...you may get more readers that can help.

Relentless799

I have had exactly the same leaf problem for some time. Mine may have started around the time I went to RO water. It starts on lower leaves and works its way up but not on all strains. I started adding 1ml per liter of Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra to my res and it seemed to help. So I went to 2ml and seems to have gone. Still testing? I now add 2ml to all grows veg and flower.

Jock420

I agree they need a feed of calmag Ec0. 4 and spray them with plant magic evolution spray
Works a treat to get em looking good again

Relentless799

I have had exactly the same leaf problem for some time. Mine may have started around the time I went to RO water. It starts on lower leaves and works its way up but not on all strains. I started adding 1ml per liter of Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra to my res and it seemed to help. So I went to 2ml and seems to have gone. Still testing? I now add 2ml to all grows veg and flower.

I forgot to mention that you can mix at 2ml per liter and foliar spray on the unaffected leaves to get a quicker result. I have never tried this but I wish I had. I imagine you could do the same with other cal-mag products.

Latest posts

Latest posts