What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

grow trailer

orlandito7

I've been searching how to make my own grow room trailer without success. Does anyone has a blueprint or something to guide me thru the process?

Easy7

Veteran
Knowing the basics would help.

I had some grown in a trailer. Worst leafy spider mite premature bud ever. Even the terps were lousy.

Bobby Boucher

Read the stickies. Then sort the posts by "Rating" and read all the 5 star threads. Play with the search function up top on the menu bar. There are plenty of videos on youtube pertaining to grow room build-outs, watch them. And be weary, ICmag members are some of the best and most helpful growers out there, but they don't like to spoon feed people. Make sure you read ALL the stickies in EVERY forum so you can familiarize yourself with the forum's terms of use and also with online privacy before you get too far ahead of yourself. Welcome to the mag, and Merry X-mas!

Tynehead Tom

what kind of trailer we talking here?
I have a 32 foot 5th wheel RV we gutted and redid the walls with FRP panel. This RV has no tip outs so it worked great. The ass end is a 10 foot deep 2K flowering room with a two tier stadium on each side of the 2 vertical bulbs. Middle is a lung room and work area and the hitch end has been converted to a veg area with a cloning shelf that fits 4 trays. I've yet to install AC in it bit it has worked well in the past. The past couple years a friend has been using it and I picked up another one this past summer to modify. A grow room is a grown room, it's environment is up to you.

HarvestMoon303

Knowing the basics would help.

I had some grown in a trailer. Worst leafy spider mite premature bud ever. Even the terps were lousy.

So, somehow you think that any bud grown in a trailer is leafy, premature, and infected with spidermites? That's pretty ignorant. A trailer is just like a grow room or tent. Why would you even bother posting?

A grow trailer sounds like a fun project. Do you have a place for it....or just wanting to go breaking bad style and move it when things get tense? Electricity/water/waste would be the biggest hurdles....depending where you parked it.

orlandito7

A grow trailer sounds like a fun project. Do you have a place for it....or just wanting to go breaking bad style and move it when things get tense? Electricity/water/waste would be the biggest hurdles....depending where you parked it.

I have about 4 acres of land but I feel that in a trailer will be easier to control the environment

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
What are your goals as far as lighting and yield? Looking to do a fully automated type setup or something you'll be able to be at every day? Are you planning on doing a verrtical grow (sog, scrog, trees, stadium?) or horizontal grow?

How big of a space are you looking at using. You could be talking about a 48' or 53' trailer, a shipping container (which size), a trailerpark-type trailer, single or double-wide.

Members will be able to point you better if you can answer some of these.

good luck!

Drop That Sound

I recommend adding another inch or foam padding to the inside before covering with your surface. I used reflectix throughout and wish I added more insulation first.

Roof was kinda saggy so I added rafters and beams, replaced all the floors and counters and damn near everything inside. trimmed out nicer than some peoples brand new homes. Don't forget the stereo system and LED lighting going around the ceiling. Every cupbord has a use, to house nutes and grow tools. The center space houses all the external reservoirs in the lower cabinets remotely plumbed into the rooms so I do everything in the center room. I like to use window blinds instead of doors when possible, and plexi glass viewing hatches to see in the rooms.

Don't even think about using the onboard electrical system, I added a 70 amp panel and run a fat 50 amp RV cord from the panel to a plug in installed at the main panel outside. All new circuits throughout in conduit and more recepticals than you can shake a weed stick at, one or 2 in every room and space, all up high. Gfci's down low for pumps and whatnot.

I added a wall to make the rear end a RDWC/Aero hybrid 2k flowering room, use the old closet as a propagation center, the frig area as the mini lung room to bring in filtered air (soon to house the air conditioner and or water cooling system when I finally go sealed in the flower room).

The bathroom is a multi purpose room for either drying, vegging taller plants, quarantining plants, or even flowering if I wanted. The front loft of the 5th wheel is the aero/nft veg and extra storage area. the res for the veg system drains down into the cabinet by the main entrance, and the step to the lof houses the filter and pump going to the 5x5 fence post rails so I have enough height to veg.

Complete mobile hybrid hydro system on wheels! Over a year in the making and still not complete... Dealing with less than 6 ft ceilings means one must scrog to get great yields. I have been waiting to post the build until it is complete, and probably will get 300,000 views in no time and the questions will never end i'm sure. In the mean time I can answer any questions you have here. I'll leave a few pics for now to give some encouragement, still manage a harvest per year to keep me going until it is perpetual like I planned ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1754.jpg
    IMG_1754.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9

Drop That Sound

a few more

a few more

yes just 2 plants in the back that run..

Attachments

• IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 14-08-14  DAY 36  PLANT C
    14-08-14 DAY 36 PLANT C
    119.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8

Drop That Sound

Sorry pics are scattered and sideways, when I post the complete build I will go step by step. probably be awhile though. Missing alot of good ones right now on a different hard drive that I can't find. Don't even know where to start there is so much involved.

The back room is currently vegging the plant in the first pic of the last post that will fill the room and use both 1000 digi's over it!.

Soon there will be 2 separate 6 site RDWC systems(with custom aero addon units that sit right on top the dwc buckets and use the rdwc's system as the plumbing if i want to do aero sometime) in the flower room, and the NFT/aero/fog/dwc hybrid vegging system up front in the veg chamber. The dual 4 site rails will also have flip down hatches with plexi glass so i can see the roots and look for clogged misters as well with green leds inside.

Drop That Sound

So, somehow you think that any bud grown in a trailer is leafy, premature, and infected with spidermites? That's pretty ignorant. A trailer is just like a grow room or tent. Why would you even bother posting?

LOL it is true though, some of the worst weed I ever seen was also grown in a trailer. However, I smoke THE BEST weed in the world that I grew in my "breaking bud mobile perpetual multi hybrid hydro" trailer :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 13