What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Extract Craft Source Turbo

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hee, hee, hee, I had one of the original Extract Craft Turbos and participated in beta testing. I was impressed with the original but they just recently traded me a brand new unit for the beta unit, and I'm even more impressed.

I can't see what internal changes were made, but I can see that they upgraded the boiling flask and collection tank. It also performed flawlessly, and is perfect for the volumes that I run for myself.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Hee, hee, hee, I had one of the original Extract Craft Turbos and participated in beta testing. I was impressed with the original but they just recently traded me a brand new unit for the beta unit, and I'm even more impressed.

I can't see what internal changes were made, but I can see that they upgraded the boiling flask and collection tank. It also performed flawlessly, and is perfect for the volumes that I run for myself.

thats nice of them.
this is probley what i need, i know several here that r uesing them.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They lost at the part where the thing is controlled by a damn smart phone. Same with the new Volcano.

Edit: But I pressed on regardless of my disdain for spyphones and like the unit especially since it also can serve as a vacuum source to pull down a buchner. I am not sure $600-700 is justified to remove waxes and lipids from my squished flower, for me, as of yet.

How much better does a dab taste w/o wax?

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They lost at the part where the thing is controlled by a damn smart phone. Same with the new Volcano.
Something for everybody! It also operates just as well manually, which is how I use mine.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
the app pretty much sucks IMHO, the only thing I found it helpful for was quickly checking to see if the altitude setting was correct. Shortly after that I uninstalled it.

jetset

I wonder how strong is the vacuum and what kind of pump is used.
did anybody ever measured the vacuum?

tried to ask the vendor but they were very secretly about it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder how strong is the vacuum and what kind of pump is used.
did anybody ever measured the vacuum?

tried to ask the vendor but they were very secretly about it.

No gauge ports and it worked fine, so I haven't taken one apart to gaze upon its innards and see why it broke.

jetset

yours is broken?

I will get a used one next month for about $400.
so I wanted to ask if somebody has experience with the pump. the seller said his machine will not connect to the app. (he´s trying to get it fixed. maybe it´s not a big thing)

from what I read the app is not really necessary.

I bought one and had success with it. I wanted to to more volume so gave my source to my son in law and bought extract crafts larger machine, the etoh. It can do a gallon at a time. Both machines work under a vacuum and reclaim the alcohol/solvent. Costs a bit and I could probably come up with a diy alternative that reclaims but it would take me forever and knowing myself I wouldn't ever finish it. It's a solid unit, works well and they always answer the phone if I run into any issues.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We beta tested the EtOh Pro as well, and found it to do a good job too.

We too found Extract Craft to be responsive and helpful, as well as a pleasure to work with.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yours is broken?

I will get a used one next month for about $400.
so I wanted to ask if somebody has experience with the pump. the seller said his machine will not connect to the app. (he´s trying to get it fixed. maybe it´s not a big thing)

from what I read the app is not really necessary.

Ummm, not what I said.

I tried to convey that it didn't break, so I had no reason to open it up to see why it broke, and therefore don't have a clue what pump they are using.

On your used machine, I would email or call Extract Craft and talk to them about the app. I'm sure they would help you.

jetset

...I tried to convey that it didn't break, so I had no reason to open it up ...

ok, got it.:biggrin:

@shellybelly
1gallon at a time if the "output-jar" is 1 gallon too.
right? so you probably have the 1/2 gallon jar and need to empty it during the process. I was looking at that one too, but for home use it is too expensive for what it can do. (my2ct)

I need to see if "the SOURCE" I order is the latest version, with all final modifications (updates)
the heating pot seems to be the "old" one, cast aluminum with cooling fins. from 2017

jetset

can somebody explain the "altitude" principle to me please?
(I know that altitude will influence the boiling temperature of liquids and the Source, to function properly, needs to know at which alt it is.)

but...
I thought in a vacuum altitude doesn´t matter?
(that the vacuum will bring us to a very high altitude where alc. will boil at almost room temperature)

this machine can do 2 things: heat + vacuum
both need to be somehow controlled/measured.

so if it measures the temp and measures the vac-level why does it need to know the altitude?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can somebody explain the "altitude" principle to me please?
(I know that altitude will influence the boiling temperature of liquids and the Source, to function properly, needs to know at which alt it is.)

but...
I thought in a vacuum altitude doesn´t matter?
(that the vacuum will bring us to a very high altitude where alc. will boil at almost room temperature)

this machine can do 2 things: heat + vacuum
both need to be somehow controlled/measured.

so if it measures the temp and measures the vac-level why does it need to know the altitude?

It is measuring differential pressure between atmospheric pressure and internal pressure. Atmospheric pressure changes with altitude, so there is less differential when you reach the desired vacuum levels.

Attachments

• Pressure at Altitude-1-1.jpg
    Pressure at Altitude-1-1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 63

jetset

thanks Gray Wolf.
this part I still understand. altitude is connected to boiling point.

what I don´t understand is, why does it need the pressure differential?

I thought the pressure inside the chamber is all it needs to know. (reaching a certain vacuum at which the 105F temp will make the ethanol boil)

that vacuum, no matter at sea level or Mt Everest (on the outside of the source) is irrelevant as long as INSIDE there´s a certain pressure)

how exactly will the differential influence the machine?
(sorry, if I ask he wrong question, but I don´t quite understand)

what if the wrong altitude is used? eg. 8000f at sea level. what will happen? with temp, pressure and boiling?

I only know that the liquid is used to cool down the cup. (a kind of temp-control) and if the cup runs dry, the temp will shoot up too high.

sorry, I ´m lost