What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help....finding decent trainwreck seeds?

sunset limited

Veteran
any wreck i've run has come down from friends, so i can't give first hand accounts of these, but mosca and greenhouse immediately come to mind. rare dankness does some trainwreck hybrids i've heard positive things about. actually, i've only heard good things about RD in general.

J

Junkhead

Some trainwreck seeds would be great. How bout some S1's from the real deal? Seems like somebody should have these.
Also been waiting for news on the 'clone seeds' project from TomHill and Chimera. Its different from tissue culture (I think) have to read on it again. Anyway there's supposed to be trainwreck released with these.
Purple wreck also looks very cool

Billy goat did a traimwreck bx and rd have that trainwreck x nevs haze F2 fwiw.. KOS/greenman has some TW outcrosses too

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
Why not find the Arcata clone. It's been fairly easy to find in Mi since 2003. There's also some good Woodhorse Trainwreck clones that have been making the rounds since 2008. They're all Hermie prone and have terrible structure, not an easy strain to grow but the medical effects can be very good.
Tons of crosses with out there if you do a little searching.

Peace,
KF

bakelite

So Cal Seed Co has a decent Train Wreck. I've never sampled clone only TW, but these seeds produce nice frosty buds with decent potency and a funky flavor and taste.

-bakelite

wallywombat

the greenhouse trainwreck is meant to be s1 off the arcata cut
i doubted it but after growing it out ive had great experiences with her super purple outdoors

rik78

Veteran
I got the Blue Stone Santuary, and really happy with them

I have too seeds of Casey Jones, so I will see if they are "wrecky"

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Reserva Privata makes a nice cross of OG Kush X Trainwreck. So far it is really viney like the old Cali Trainwreck. I am going to top and FIM it and see what happens. It seems easy to clone but I am growing outdoors so I don't know about smoke or yield.

L

l2sm

I've grown Greenhouse's version and it was really good. But I grew a pre-selected cut, not from seeds. I'm under the impression that it was selected from a single pack though, but not 100% sure about that.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
As much as I dislike GHS I might try their TW at some point.
Im growing one DNA cole train freebie seed which is Jasmin x Trainwreck T4.

HEAD used to have a Trainwreck BX but that strain was a hermie factory, I think that's a common problem with Trainwreck crosses and might be why you don't see it used very often.

For a strain that gets talked about consistently for so many years, you don't see to many people posting pics or even talking about having it.

krustallos

Veteran
TW has been a staple in my garden for years. I love how it looks, smells and smokes.

picture.php

This I was given as the Arcata Trainwreck

edit: I'm still debating what cross I want to make with it.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
As much as I dislike GHS I might try their TW at some point.
Im growing one DNA cole train freebie seed which is Jasmin x Trainwreck T4.

HEAD used to have a Trainwreck BX but that strain was a hermie factory, I think that's a common problem with Trainwreck crosses and might be why you don't see it used very often.

For a strain that gets talked about consistently for so many years, you don't see to many people posting pics or even talking about having it.

The Head BX is the only plant I have ever had Hermie Outdoors, with zero excuses, it was only "OK" as well, interesting perfumey smell.

RP's Purple Wreck I love, growing it again this year, again, half the pack are very early finishers, harvesting them mid September.

GHS Trainwreck, IMO, is not made from the same parent as the 2 above... Reading up on all TW reports about how Sativa like it is, then about the Steve Txuck Afghani BX.. I guessed that the plant GHS got from Apothecary might be this one, it has far fatter leaves and a very distinctive "opal eye" shape to them as well as distinctive smell and taste to the buds. It has the "babysick" smell often used to describe TW, but I do not get the "mentholated dead whale" from this, or any of the other TWs out there. Whatever, it is great weed at a nice price, goes well outdoors, 10/10 dank, I recently bought another pack.

The version Sargamatha were selling is identical, theirs was the first I grew out.

there goes edro

Veteran
Yeah, I'm interested in a lot of old school strains like TW myself. Went with Mosca's Machacar. Got a pack on Seedbay for 30.00. TW crossed with C99, at that price!! Why not?! So I hope to get some TW leaning phenos.

S

sourpuss

Check out tga subcool. I know there r a few nice tw crosses. Seems he searched for a non hermie prone tw cutting to use.