What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Underground growroom busted

stinkyigloo

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45199&pictureid=1059727

Taken from the irish examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cannabis-growhouse-operation-goes-underground-229437.html

Cannabis growhouse operation goes underground
Thursday, April 25, 2013
A drug gang concealed a sophisticated cannabis growhouse in two 40ft containers which they buried under a mobile home in a remote part of Co Cork.

The gang accessed the containers through the floor of a mobile home near the village of Ballyvourney.

Gardaí say it is the first bunker-style growhouse of its type found. They described it as “very sophisticated”, with its own power and water supply.

Armed with a search warrant, members of the Cork West Divisional Drugs Unit, raided the growhouse shortly after 7pm last Tuesday.

They found about 150 plants in various stages of growth, which have an estimated street value of €100,000.

Three men, believed to be in their early to mid-30s and from Eastern Europe, were arrested.

Two were being detained at Bandon Garda Station and the third in Macroom Garda Station under section 2 of the Drug Trafficking Act, 1996.

The growhouse was concealed under the mobile home in a woodland clearing at Derreenaling — about 3km south-west of Ballyvourney, near the Cork/Kerry border.

“This wasn’t done with a spade and shovel. Machinery had to be used to dig out the site for the containers,” said a senior Garda source.

He added it was the first underground growhouse of its type he had seen.

“We were used to mainstream republicans in the past and now dissident republicans using underground bunkers for hiding arms, training purposes, and hiding people. But we haven’t see this type of concealment with growhouses.”

Gardaí cordoned off the growhouse and yesterday morning started a full analysis of its contents. It is the second major growhouse seizure to occur on the Cork/Kerry border in past few days.

Last Thursday night, gardaí from Kanturk seized 204 cannabis plants in various stages of growth and about 1kg of processed cannabis worth in the region of €170,000.

The cannabis plants were found in sheds outside a family home near the village of Rathmore, Co Kerry.

A number of members of a family were in the house when gardaí raided it. There were no arrests at the time.

However, a Garda spokesman confirmed yesterday that a mother and son had since been arrested in connection with that investigation. “They were released without charge and a file is to be prepared for the DPP.”

Meanwhile, in an unrelated drugs seizure, gardaí arrested two men in their 40s following the discovery of cocaine, cannabis resin and cannabis herb worth €20,000 on the northside of Cork City.

Elsewhere, gardaí last night arrested two men, seized a number of stolen vehicles, and uncovered a cannabis growing facility in Ballycoolin, Dublin. The cannabis was worth about €125,000.

stinkyigloo

picture.php

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I bet there are a lot more of these underground operations then they think and it just seems new because they just finally caught one. I know I've been dreaming of having an underground operation for years.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry the US exported their prohibition to you guys. Here in California things are almost sane regarding cannabis. Maybe that will spread to the UK and worldwide.

Clever people to think of that and carry it out. I am guessing 'loose lips' sank the ship.

V

vonforne

We have a guy in Organic soil who was busted 10 years ago growing in a buried school bus. Nothing new.

L

longearedfriend

Creative

150 sounds like a very reasonnable ammount

compared to the 500-10,000 we hear of these days

floralheart

Veteran
We all dreamed about building this in high school.

edit: It's kind of good for security reasons in a legal med/rec state. No smell, no sell, no tell.

floralheart

Veteran

floralheart

Veteran
wonder how they got the warrant. prob a snitch. all that work for nuthin.

no smell, no sell, no tell. that be like working for the fire dept. living on the farm and dealing with a broker that's paid to go to jail. So, it'd kind of be like being in jail living on the farm anyway.

I'd just move to Amersterdam :D they're the ambitious lot

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry the US exported their prohibition to you guys. Here in California things are almost sane regarding cannabis. Maybe that will spread to the UK and worldwide.

I nominate this as post of the month

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
150 plants 100,00? In the us that wold have been reported as a 15 million dollar bust. lol

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I was wondering when someone would post those pics, Alien Dawg. Now that was sophisticated plant love.

Latest posts

Latest posts