What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uplifting Or Trippy Landrace Indica?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I have smoked Hiya Hiya hash, and and it is very uplifting, almost psychedelic. I presume it is from Morocco. Nepalese temple hash has the same effect, only much milder, more like a happy high.

So my question is, is there an indigenous indica phenotype that is like a sativa in effect?

Generally speaking, I don't like the couchlock effect, and like the high to be crispy clean.

ValleyKush

Veteran
I was kindof curious about this as well. belladona and yumbolt im pretty sure are both pretty trippy and indica. but idk, maybe somebody else could chime in?

Rinse

Veteran
Good post I think Mriko would be the man to ask, also look in the landrace indica thread.
I dont buy the indica = couchlock, sativas = uplifting anyway, some of the most debilitating smokes are sativa's. And Ive grown afghan strains with trippy heady effects.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Good post I think Mriko would be the man to ask, also look in the landrace indica thread.
I dont buy the indica = couchlock, sativas = uplifting anyway, some of the most debilitating smokes are sativa's. And Ive grown afghan strains with trippy heady effects.

a good example are the low-land colombian sativas, very narcotic effect. cafuches, low-land punto rojo, etc...

btw, isn't nepali hash made out of highland sativas?

peace

Rinse

Veteran
a good example are the low-land colombian sativas, very narcotic effect. cafuches, low-land punto rojo, etc...

btw, isn't nepali hash made out of highland sativas?

peace

Yes, although I haven't tried much S.American stuff but have experienced it some Thai and African grass.

And yes, but there are indicas in Nepal.
I also find (most) Moroccan hash uplifting, crisp n clean, but with a nice body effect, but there are mixed genetics in Morocco with Pakistan plants taking over the traditional maroc strains (which seem sativa).

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
X18 from Tom Hill would be a good place to start looking.
+1
The X18s I got were a little reality-altering trippy (a surprise) along with a clear, but powerful, indica effect.

I'll be cracking 3 seeds of a X18 x NJ* cross (calling it Exit 18) I previously made next month- the cross goal being to inject some Nepalese floaty-headed euphoria into X18's vibe. I like X18's unique stone very much, but not a fan of the flavor, so wanted to help that dept. too. Also used the same NepJam pollen on Taskenti and "Sanford's" Herijuana.

cheers

*NepJam from Ace/Cannabiogen
Nepalese highland x jamaican blue mountain cross, bred to totally favor the Nep. It's an indica alternative for making hybrids.
No sativa energy, just floaty euphoria. Give her a 3 mo. cure. when enjoying her straight up.

G.Goo

Not a landrace but C99 fits this bill. Sat. Finishes in 50-63 days. Trippy and parinoia .Stays squat to the ground. Awsome yielder of pineapple and GF taste

codger

I have smoked Hiya Hiya hash, and and it is very uplifting, almost psychedelic. I presume it is from Morocco. Nepalese temple hash has the same effect, only much milder, more like a happy high.

So my question is, is there an indigenous indica phenotype that is like a sativa in effect?

Generally speaking, I don't like the couchlock effect, and like the high to be crispy clean.
Then why not just grow a Sativa?? Plenty of quick flowering ones now

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
And Ive grown afghan strains with trippy heady effects.
What seeds did you use? Any particular seedbank?

All the Afghan hash I've smoked had a heavy (sometimes depressing) stone.

Trippy Afghan, Pakistan, or Moroccan strains are what I am talking about.

As an update, I've ordered and received 'Moroccan Sativa' seeds from Gibridov, although I haven't grown them out yet.

codger said:
Then why not just grow a Sativa?? Plenty of quick flowering ones now
Because they are most likely sativa dominant indica crosses. Like Skunk #1 back in the 70s.

What I am looking for is the landraces, because I like seedsaving and preserving landraces, and also the fact that they are true breeding/inbred, because that makes future plants more predictable. (I once tried to get seeds from autoflowering Diesel Ryder regular seeds, and the results were all over the place - most didn't autoflower.)

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Can't go wrong with Ciskei, although most would agree it's a sativa, it certainly doesn't grow like one.