What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

strains that can go from clone directly into flower and still yield HUGE !!!

Dreamscape

FIRST POST EDITED because of my burned memory :joint:

I'd like to compile a list of strains that can go from a rooted clone ( with 1 week of extra Vegetative growth MAX ) into a flower period of preferably less than 9 weeks and still pull huge yields of atleast 2-4 oz. per plant under a 1000w or 600w HPS (that would be awesome :rasta:)

I was talking to a friend of mine and he said that he grew out a bunch of AK-47 from rooted clones with a week or 2 Veg in a SCROG setup under 1 x 1000w HPS and yielded over 1.5 lbs.

What other strains commonly have phenotypes that can go from clone with little veg directly into flower and still yield 2-4 oz. per plant IF grown correctly ??

List :

AK-47 (serious seeds)

Super Silver Haze (mr. nice)

blackone

Veteran
Could you be more specific? Are we talking about a huge per plant yield - if so how much would you consider a huge yield per plant if flowering from rooted clone?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack Herer. .. but it goes 10weeks.

We found strains with semi-wooded stems (from Thai inheritance), perform best under the method you mention. Once rooted they are happy to grow during flowering on 12/12

However to reap out you need to put plenty of light in... and plenty of clones.

Hope this helps

Dreamscape

@ blackone - I guess HUGE may have been a bit much ... lets say atleast 4 oz. per plant under a 1000w or 600w HPS.

@ docleaf - Thank you for the wisdom :)

blackone

Veteran
4oz per plant from rooted clone with zero veg... that would definitely have to be a serious stretch and out of the range of 9 week strains.
Now if it's an option for you to veg just a little under flouros to build a root system and let them grow a bit - you could get them in shape for a good yield pretty fast.

None, unless you're soquick.

Your friend didn't grow strait to flower from clone if he did a SCROG. He had to have veg time to fill in the screen a bit.

Dreamscape

Well obviously he didn't start the clones in the SCROG screen - they grew into it.

my memory crapped out on me ... but i'm pretty sure it was absolutely no longer than a week or 2 Veg time.

I dunno ... I had high hopes for this thread but my beginner experience and stoner memory seems it may have failed me :rasta:

JITAMON

Super Silver Haze. I have seen bigger plants than you are asking for from seed, No veg, right to 12/12, flowered HUGE:joint:

Mr.Jones

im planning on using chronic in the future with just one week of veg. time ... the last time they were about one and a half foot tall and dropped down some nice weight.
i think for going stright to flower you need to run hydro to get the results you ask for.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dreamscape

True F1 Hybrids tend to grow with more vigor from clone than the di/ poly-hybrids and ibl varieties that are more commonly kept as clones.

Most of the time growers need to sow a packet of vigorous seeds,, and then select and clone the most productive plant... or in this case the mother/clone that likes being dropped into flower when rooted.

RE: Scrog,, obviously a lot depends on the size of the screen and the how far the screen is from the clones.

Super Silver Haze. I have seen bigger plants than you are asking for from seed, No veg, right to 12/12, flowered HUGE:joint:

Yep. some of the SSH grow really fast :yes:

Dreamscape

Now if it's an option for you to veg just a little under flouros to build a root system and let them grow a bit - you could get them in shape for a good yield pretty fast.

Sure it is :D

Lets say no longer than ... 1 or 2 weeks MAX. But the focus is still on plants that can go into 12/12 with as little Veg as possible and still provide big yields of quality smoke.

I feel like maybe this thread is somewhat of a rehash of some of the other threads although i'd just like to get a list specific to as little Veg time as possible because then the additional 2 weeks of flower time wouldn't matter quite as much since the Veg is so little.

@ Docleaf - I was assuming certain strains (like the AK-47) were more known for those kinds of Phenotypes than other strains.

@ Mr. Jones - or Aero :D ... although i'm sure soil is an option as well with the right strains.

i have grown both AK47 & Chronic, both from Serious -- can't say i flowered them straight from clone/root stage .....but......if all conditions the same, they both yielded VERY nicely.

so, if your boy is accurate, and your stoner brain is somewhat in-tact .....you should consider both strains.....yummy

Mr.Jones

@ Mr. Jones - or Aero :D ... although i'm sure soil is an option as well with the right strains.

haha yeah aero is the shit! - but you need to consider that soil wont yield as much as hydro or aero and hasnt the growth potential so many strains which could work on hydro wont work for soil then and your choice will be much more limited ...

lol bro zero veg and 1-2 weeks are a huge difference!!!

Yup...turns this thread into one of a thousand of "what yields the best?" threads. I liked the original premise, although 4 oz's is laughable.

I've done AK strait from rooted clone to outside and yielded over an ounce. Had a few that were closer to two but rotted away. AK is shit in the resistance to anything department.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
As far as I know, most or all can, it is just down to how you grow it.....

To do what you want to do, as quickly as possible, I would spend time and effort perfecting the Mothers, Propagation and especially post propagation environments [i.e. do not leave cuttings around in cold 3" blocks with poor light for a week "as you have nowhere else to put them"]

Get a clone, growing vigorously, grow her to 6/8/10" tall, train almost all of it sideways, horizontal, flower after a day or three, train the resulting 4/5/6/7/8 heads through a screen or net so a few plants fill a decent area, a head in each hole.

Practicing and observing your experiments is speeded up no end if you take pictures, clearly labelled with what they are, looking back at what you put into flower, you can learn far quicker how to hit that magic 100g/p by seeing exactly what it was you put in that ended up like that.....

whodair

Veteran
Jack Herer. .. but it goes 10weeks.

We found strains with semi-wooded stems (from Thai inheritance), perform best under the method you mention. Once rooted they are happy to grow during flowering on 12/12

However to reap out you need to put plenty of light in... and plenty of clones.

Hope this helps

agree! was gonna say sams thai haze skunk. and NL from sensi or seedsman. their NL isnt pure indica, it has thai added for potency.

slowhand15

In my experience, the more roots on the clone the better, and some stretch.
That's why I think to get anything from clones 12/12 you need to root and veg them to the height you need first.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
G13 HAze sative Pheon - field was super from one clone but floweringtime is about 13weeks!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts