What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Im Going 2 Prison Build Thread~:? K.I.S.S Method

First stole the oven range 50 amp 220 double pole breaker to power the 8 light cap controller..... second jumped on a unused outlet to runa 20 amp breaker of 120 into the room for the AC n Vortex and a Few vornados!!!

Everything is so i can detach and reconnect like nothing happend. Pop off wire and reattach socket and disconnect 220 and walla !!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

will only be doing 3k maybee 4 later in this room as itz a 10x10 ...will be using 42 inch parabolic hydrofarm reflectors and maybee one of my magnum XXXL if i have to, 50 can filter and 3-4 xtrasun 1kz, 1 x6 inch vortex, will be finish hanging poly and shit when i get the bigger AC ,im in no rush~ i got tell NOV tell i need this thing crackin.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pugnacious

Room is going to be clean. Cant wait to see pics of it up and running. You ever try grostar reflectors? Im thinking about picking some up, I heard allot of good reviews from people in the u.k.

madpenguin

Alright boys and girls.... This is an example of what NOT to do when wiring. I'm sorry dude but you have no business going near wiring. Best of luck to ya and I hope you stay safe.

Alright boys and girls.... This is an example of what NOT to do when wiring. I'm sorry dude but you have no business going near wiring. Best of luck to ya and I hope you stay safe.
LOL why cuz i did not route my 6 awg threw all the dry wall ......or my piggy backing off a unused socket , I always love to hear the bullshit that comes out of Electricians mouths....My lack of a junction box frighten YOu on the 120v LOL:nanana:
ATleast shed some light~ on the comment all the awgs are right ,,,,,,,Wherez your real beef other then no 25$ an hour asshole did not connect my 3 wire white ,black , Neutral or that i did not pay some asshat 50$ an hour to ripp out my whole wall to route my 6 awg, 2 hots , ground and neutral

LOL i just hate it when they dont explain why , I mean most the guys on here using the water heater range or only using old school 6/2 romex.. I mean the hots are on the double breaker , the grounds are grounded and the neutral are all connected......and most 120volt circuits they say you can have 5 plugs or so on one circuit, but i got 2 on 1x 20 amp........used outdoor heavy duty caps connectors.....other then i did not ripp down all my walls .....Dont see where his beef is...If i lived by codes id be growing tomatoes ~ I just dont see no fire hazard >>>he most be seeing>>> just Ugly looking~ Wish the Mofo would tell me what i dont see..:1help:

are you going to prison in a few months or something?
Probably ~ if Penguin dont give me a heart attack..

madpenguin

Marshmello, that was freaking hilarious. I love it. I still can't stop laughing. Classic.

Riley, Flying splices are really bad for one. Especially when you've got combustible material not 4 inches away. They make box extendenders, which is what you really need to be using.All splices should be contained in an approved junction box, because lets face it, that's their purpose. To contain the spread of fire.

There is no problem with taping 10awg onto a 12awg 20A circuit but I hope you've done a load calc on what is going to be running on that circuit. I saw what looks to be a GFCI plug from an AC unit plugged into it. I'm hoping you know about derating with continuous loads.I'm not going to go back up and read what you planned on running on that existing 20A circuit but your AC unit probably draws atleast 10A. You have around 6 left.

Also, I hoped you sized that existing wire and made sure it was #12 because I run across #14 on a 20A breaker more often than you would think.

You used a bell box and cover on the other end of the #10. No problem. Looks nice and is safe (besides the fact that you have "damageable" wire laying on the floor).

Marshmello, I still can't stop laughing at your post.... :laughing:

There is no limit on how many receptacles you can have on one branch circuit as far as banks, offices and dwellings are concerned. Everything else is 180va per yoke, so your slightly mistaken there but that doesn't matter anyway. Your fine.

Your also sorely mistaken on how much electricians make. Times that by 3 and you'll be closer to the mark.

And I'm sorry, but you should have atleast sleeved your #6 coming down from the panel. One errant sharp object and you've got a miniture explosion on your hands depending on what conductors get damaged at the same time.

Other than that, it's alright I guess. I was going to post back and explain all this yesterday but I had alot going on and had to split.

I just hate to see bad wiring practices man. It's how fires start and how people die. That's all. Wasn't a personal attack on you, just a defense of the trade that love to do.

If you bought a short sleeve of PVC for your 50A feeder and a box extender for your secondary circuit you would make me sleep better at night. (And I don't even know you).

I also have no idea whether you tapped of the range circuit or whether you completely disconnected the original circuit from the breaker and ran a new line. There are alot of unknows here but from what I can see, you should really switch some things around.

Marshmello, that was freaking hilarious. I love it. I still can't stop laughing. Classic.
LAter on today Ill pop off that Circiut box cover and snapp a pic...I just disconnected the oven wire and replaced it with the new 6 awg ......No place to route it with out ripping out the wall so ,i just was gonna leave the cover off........Taped up the old range wires as they used Cheap Alumnium ^ awg..

as for the junction box ~ You sold me, BUt i am only gonna be using about 1300 watts of the 120 20 amp just ac and a few fans.. Mostly because this house was biult cheap and most the 20 amp breaker seem to me to be 14 awg also...so i treat um like 15 amp.

Ill see what you say when you look at the mess in the box !!

basically no where to go . Just want it plug and play,,,,,When time to go disconnect the grow romex and replugg back in the cheap aluminum range wire back in the 50 amp breaker.....and gett to stepping

Prop bust out some of your t-5 bud and i got some of my Mygvered wired Da White bud !! Gonna runn your mouth gotta put up or shut up!!!:moon:Show me some nugg!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php