What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laos....on a motorbike circa 2001....old Overgrow post..

Panoramical

a very captivating read! and some really useful info on laos. i've not been yet, but when i go, this will be article will be used.

thanks

R

Rabbi Reefer

Thanks for sharing some greatly detailed memories of your trip.

FlaDankster

Veteran
It will be a wonderful day for you when you get to look back on all that you have accomplished.I would be happy to have done a fraction of what you have.Your livin the life the way it should be lived.

FD

rexamus616

Veteran
Also on another note. I'd like to acknowledge gypsy as not being too jaded and still being able to enjoy herb. So many tokers today especially some growers won't smoke anything other than perfectly cured AAA buds. They completely miss out and underestimate the experiences those foreign buds can give you. Some can be early, or just shitty, no doubt. But some can give you a great stone.

It's nice to see a fellow who can have a lump of hash but still appreciate a joint of some foreign weed.

Right on, man! I could not agree more....

....I could only add that, not only can you find a great stone, but a multitude of new tastes and aromas....

Take the time..... and APPRECIATE!

And thanks Gypsy!, that was a great read.... Wish the pics were bigger tho....

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Gracias for the time you took sharing with us Gypsy, Your travels are what gives me some enjoyment reading and learning were some of the best cannabis comes from around the world and maybe you can start to add more of your travel vids on the site again :yes:

L

longearedfriend

thanks for sharing

great read, you should post more of your stories

S

stealthheart

i dint read the whole thread but i read mc ...i love all clubs ..hells outl... and co

i have to say one thing ..i know its not wanted here ..but i have to say to my nephewe...
max he is 6 month please dont live my live i have tears in my eyes when i write this ..
be a good man ---...your father is a cop and a good one...i never had problim with him..
be brave and dont do drugs .....i believe in you ...every single moment

so icmags .give me now a k- ..i know this isnt the right moment but i ccantdry < my tears ...

max i love you ...
be good

ics sorry again but i cant hide it ....i dont want that he is like his uncle ...

sorry delete this post .i know its aweful ..but...---f of ..

sry ics i had to write my e....

S

stealthheart

and gypsy ---im with ya ..we are at war ...like esben said we are freedom fighters ...and we will fight

sorry for this sentimental shit but i cant hide it !

Green Squall

Really cool adventure story. I liked the part where you sang because of the communication barrier. Music, like food, is a universal language. I probably would have sung Bohemian Rhapsody lol.

Genghis Kush

Gypsy Nirvana

I love reading this story!

I met you on this journey. We where in a tiny transit lounge at an airport in southern Thailand. I think it was Pattaya maybe, I cant remember. I was on my way to Cambodia and I think maybe you where returning from Laos, not sure. We sat next to each other while waiting for our flights and I remember you telling me about collecting seeds in Laos, and it greatly inspired me to do the same on my travels. Which has led to great things for me.

We met again at the shop in Amsterdam couple years later and you where very gracious.

I want to thank you for the all the inspiration and everything you have done. And congratulations on your freedom!

aloha
GK

ps Is the Loas that was for sale at the Boutique the same as the ones collected on this trip?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Posting for future reference. I liked the first two pages so far. Gotta tend to the garden now. Mango Haze will do nice right before I start reading again.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Thanks for reviving this old thread, or I would have never noticed it. Fun read indeed.

It reminds me of where I was during 9-11. I was at an airport in Mexico trying to get back to the California. I stayed in that airport for 4 days because I basically spent all the money I had just before leaving on a plane having no clue that airspace over the USA was prohibited. Mexico is not a good place to be if you are broke.

Thanks for the time shot into your life.

Brother Nature

This is why I joined IC. This is such a great story. That feeling of freedom that riding and growing gives you is the reason I fell in love with motorbikes and weed in the first place. Thanks for reminding me of that. Good to see you're free again. And thanks to all the mods/admins, this place wouldn't be what it is without you. Man, this story has just put me in such an amazing mood. :tiphat:

Beanzy

Sometimes when I smell badly combusted diesel I get flashbacks to the 70s in Thailand, or Philippines where everyone used to be on crappy motorcycles or jeetneys.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
fun days.......now I'm kinda MAROONED in the UK, wish I was out there again on a nice bike going thru jungles searching for good seed....

Green Squall

Gypsy, how has Laos changed or improved in the last 17 years? Tourism is up and thankfully the GDP has increased, though they're still a very poor country. Do you think they have a prosperous future?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy, how has Laos changed or improved in the last 17 years? Tourism is up and thankfully the GDP has increased, though they're still a very poor future. Do you think they have a prosperous future?

I haven't been back to Loas in 10 years or so, but yeah last time it was getting many tourists, and I suspect many more since. Things are looking up globally as far as poverty is concerned and the worlds population is increasing accordingly...

Laos is a great country to visit, much less tourism than in Thailand. But has increased as well, tourist mostly from nearby Asian countries such as Southkorea. I was there quite a while before Covid19. In Ventianne and Viang Veng it's quite easy to get some Laos weed. The one i smoked in Viang Veng was quite trippy weed.

I asked a Laos friend to bring me some weed. She came with a bag full (supermarket carrying bag) :)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
A great story, Gypsy. :rasta:

I am glad that you bumped it CoconutFarmer or I never would have seen it.