What's new

do that increase yield?

wlosacz

hi!i'm with ic 3 years now watching and now is a time to ask something!

my grow room is 1mx2mx2,5m and use 2x600w hps!average yield is 900g-1000g!i was wander if i split the lights to do two rooms same size but with only one 600W on light mover!do that increase my yield?

wlosacz

i use ak and ice!past last few growes numbers of plants/veg time/tehniq/was change but i never use scrog!

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran

how many plants under the 600w lights ??

how long do you veg them for ?? time in veg = rootmass, rootmass = yield

what strain ???

whats your method of growing ?? soil or soiless or coco or hydro ??

what ferts if any do you use and what dossages ??

this 900-1000 grams is this dry weight ?? if so thats respectable 1lb per light

LST combined with FIM are excellent ways to increase your overall yield

if you split your lights up into seperate rooms you should be abel to increase your yield esp if you try my suggestion. and read the link i gave in the 1st reply i gave :)

without answers to the questions above it's hard to properly assist you

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
hi!i'm with ic 3 years now watching and now is a time to ask something!

my grow room is 1mx2mx2,5m and use 2x600w hps!average yield is 900g-1000g!i was wander if i split the lights to do two rooms same size but with only one 600W on light mover!do that increase my yield?

{my grow room is 1mx2mx2,5m and use 2x600w hps!average yield is 900g-1000g!i was wander if i split the lights to do two rooms same size but with only one 600W on light mover!do that increase my yield? }

i'm sure a light mover would increase some

One meter wide X two meters long X WHAT? Is your room triangle or am I missing something here. One 600 watt lamp per square meter is OK. Double the square meters would mean 2-600 watt lamps would be fine. I'm not sure what your asking. I'm assuming your height is 5 meters? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....but?

wlosacz

1m wide x 2m long x 2,5m high!yes you are missing something!and i'm asking if i do another room and take one of my 600 to that new room but on the light mover do that incres the yield!i know that 600w is not enought for 2square meter!but i can't add another light so i wan't to use light movers!is it good idea ore waste of time!

1m wide x 2m long x 2,5m high!yes you are missing something!and i'm asking if i do another room and take one of my 600 to that new room but on the light mover do that incres the yield!i know that 600w is not enought for 2square meter!but i can't add another light so i wan't to use light movers!is it good idea ore waste of time!

My though would be instead of a light mover...why not take that money and buy another light? Are you short on amps? I was a little drunk lastnight....so me bad.

Unionman

I do think a light mover would help It seemed to work for me when I was using a 400 in my walkin closet.

I don't know if you are trying to avoid buying new lights or if you just dont have the availible amps. But......Have you considerd using a flip/flop since you are going to make two rooms anyhow. I dont know what you wallet is like or your room but I would look into it. It saves you from buying anymore ballast.

heres some usefull info on the flip/flop

KungPOW
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=35561

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96209

wlosacz

i'm renting a apatment and i don't want to add next light becouse i don't want bigger bills!my landlord is cool gay but he allready ask my about that electricity!that is only reason why i dont want to add next light!so what is final tought,do light mover do the trick?

i'm renting a apatment and i don't want to add next light becouse i don't want bigger bills!my landlord is cool gay but he allready ask my about that electricity!that is only reason why i dont want to add next light!so what is final tought,do light mover do the trick?

Anyone who grows in an apartment has bigger balls than me. I would team up with a trusted buddy who owns his own home before the risk of an apartment....especially if my landlord pays the electric bill. Smoke less and sell more...and save your money. A rented house would still be better than an apartment IMO. I would do everything I could to cut my electric bill, like shorten your flowering cycle by an hour, cut back on air conditioning/heat/hotwater/TV/DISHWASHER and use energy efficient light bulbs. I had a light mover 20 years ago.....and yes they will increase your yields, but I doubt as much as you may be thinking. Good luck and be careful!

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Yea, I'd say that would increase your yield. I'm going for a light mover eventually.
Oh and in response to someone above talking about shorten your flowering light cycle to decrease electricity bills, that's a bit over the line I think. I mean after all most people on these forums have power draws that are no where near getting attention. I think there are better ways to achieve less power consumption. Anyway, peace

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts