What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize Marijuana-California Initiatives

onegreenday

Veteran
It's on the state website like this:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/cleared-for-circulation.htm

1516. (11-0039)

Marijuana Legalization. Initiative Statute.

Summary Date: 10/27/11 | Circulation Deadline: 03/26/12 | Signatures Required: 504,760

Proponents: James P. Gray, William McPike, Stephen Collett, and Steve Kubby (415) 830-6070

Decriminalizes marijuana sales, distribution, possession, use, cultivation, and transportation. Dismisses pending court actions inconsistent with its provisions. Retains laws forbidding use while driving or in workplace. Establishes regulation of commercial marijuana trade to match regulation of wine and beer. Allows noncommercial production up to 24 flowering plants per household, or more with local approval. Authorizes retail sales of marijuana with THC level of .3% or more to persons 21 or older; if less, no age limit. Directs state and local officials to not cooperate with federal enforcement of marijuana laws. Bans development of genetically modified marijuana. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: The fiscal effects of this measure are subject to considerable uncertainty depending on: (1) the extent to which the federal government continues to enforce federal marijuana laws and (2) the specific taxes applied to marijuana. Savings of potentially several tens of millions of dollars annually to state and local governments on the costs of incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Potentially hundreds of millions of dollars in net additional tax revenues related to the production and sale of marijuana products. (11-0039) (Full Text)

If they only got 20,000 sigs then this is shot according to vta's original post

Something must be wrong because they seem like they are still rolling full steam on the website.

señorsloth

Veteran
so whats the deal? everybody is talking about the other two states up for legalization...but nobody is even mentioning cali...whats the news there?

señorsloth

Veteran
so nothing? hard to believe with this huge member group there is only 1 post a day in the politics forum...this is why pot is illegal...nobody cares about politics...apparently if we all just ignore the countries problems they will get better and not much, much worse...

S

SeaMaiden

You just haven't found the threads discussing the issues in California is all.

Or, maybe those people who are involved have been as I have--busy with being involved.

señorsloth

Veteran
maybe, ever since norml changed the site i can't find most of the stories, just the big headlines, but i haven't seen a single thing about cali's progress in months...it's looking like Colorado is gonna do it for sure now with the dem's on their side...id say cali couldn't be far behind yet i hear nothing...

russjcan

There's three of them and the last I read a couple of days ago there is a chance none of them will make the ballot. I haven't seen anyone gathering signatures

Latest posts

Latest posts