What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overwatering in hydro.

Medicinalgrow

Hey peeps, ok so.. these 2 plants are medicinal genetic Candida and nightingale. Only have this prob with these two plants incl slow growth, drooping curling under as if overwatered.

Details,
Hydro dwc with good aeration
Ppm 1127
Ph5.9
Ec2.2
water is carbon filtered tap.
I use gh flora series, extra cal mag nd amino, plus hygroguard.
Lights 2 ft away 1200w LED
room temp is 65f
Water temp is 61f
Roots look great.
Humidity isn't very high at all.

Plants are 3 weeks nearly 4 weeks into flower no sign of calyx yet, like I said very slow growth from beginning but they had 5 weeks veg.

Now they both have same GENETICS and these are only two I'm having probs with even though their readings are all in recommended ranges.

Should I put in some h202 for a bit and see if there's an improvement might aid with oxygen levels, but they have good powerful pump so I don't get it tbh,

Can anyone tell me how to get these two healthy again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180304-180547.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-180547.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20180304-180541.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-180541.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9

Medicinalgrow

Oh also I'm thinking with the genetics perhaps they need a different way of growing maybe these strains aren't good in hydro or something, does anyone know any grow tips for these two strains? Mmgenetics nightingale and Candida, both sativa phenos

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I think you hit the nail on the head in your second post. Some plants do not like wet feet so to speak. Therefore an increase in oxygen is necessary.

Only other thing I noticed is you ppm/ec is quite high for the 3rd week of flower. They don't look burned or anything, the number just caught my eye.

I would get more oxygen to the roots and raise the lights a touch if possible.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Cut your nutrients level in half! You are feeding at way to high of a level.

What is the your EC/PPM level in your starting water before you add any nutrients?

How high is the water level? Are you using buckets?

If you are in flower at almost 4 weeks you should have seen flowers starting to form almost 2 weeks ago.

Medicinalgrow

Ppm of water starting is about 80, very low.i have a 20 l bucket with 10 l water basket sits an inch above.
None of my plants are showing flowers, some are showing a calyx or two but it's pissing me off very slow, this is ppm in most of my buckets, should I cut the levels in all of them? The rest look good bar light green on new growth which I think is iron, perhaps my ppms are too high for age.

What do u think ppm and ec should be at?

Medicinalgrow

Pics of other plants

Pics of other plants

Here's some pics of other plants, should I leave ppm s and ec the way they are in these or lower all coz they all around 1100 ppm ec 2.2 to 2.3.

Prob too high?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180304-185300.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-185300.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180304-185257.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-185257.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 13

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you reading the meter properly?
Knowing your ppm helps you avoid possible burning by letting you know when to adjust the amount of nutrient minerals you add to your water. Cannabis enjoys 500-600 ppm after cloning, 800-900 ppm when vegetating, and 1000-1100 ppm when flowering. So knowing the mineral content of your water before mixing your nutes can avoid stressing you and your plants. For DWC it's important to know the condition of the reservoir water, as minerals can deplete as the water level drops - it is a heads-up for you to just top things up as required..If your water is reading over 500 ppm, you need to do something about it, as it will compete with and lock out the nutrients you actually want your cannabis to uptake. Either you need to get some nutes designed to be used in hard-water areas, or you need to treat your water at home, either through carbon filters, distillation, or reverse osmosis.

Medicinalgrow

Are you reading the meter properly?
Knowing your ppm helps you avoid possible burning by letting you know when to adjust the amount of nutrient minerals you add to your water. Cannabis enjoys 500-600 ppm after cloning, 800-900 ppm when vegetating, and 1000-1100 ppm when flowering. So knowing the mineral content of your water before mixing your nutes can avoid stressing you and your plants. For DWC it's important to know the condition of the reservoir water, as minerals can deplete as the water level drops - it is a heads-up for you to just top things up as required..If your water is reading over 500 ppm, you need to do something about it, as it will compete with and lock out the nutrients you actually want your cannabis to uptake. Either you need to get some nutes designed to be used in hard-water areas, or you need to treat your water at home, either through carbon filters, distillation, or reverse osmosis.

Hey, ppm only 80 to start, my water is soft and I use a carbon water filter prior to use. My ppm s for these plants are in the recommended ranges, 3 weeks veg at 1127, but um gonna reduce ppm again with RES change see if that helps.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hey, ppm only 80 to start, my water is soft and I use a carbon water filter prior to use. My ppm s for these plants are in the recommended ranges, 3 weeks veg at 1127, but um gonna reduce ppm again with RES change see if that helps.

Are you in veg or flower??

Said flower earlier and veg just now.

A res change is the way to go. Also make sure to change the res weekly.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cut your nutrients level in half! You are feeding at way to high of a level.

What is the your EC/PPM level in your starting water before you add any nutrients?

How high is the water level? Are you using buckets?

If you are in flower at almost 4 weeks you should have seen flowers starting to form almost 2 weeks ago.

Yep. What he said. You're running ~ 100% too hot, even in mid flower I wouldn't go above 800

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Is there a 'cure' for overwatering, once the plant has gone into full wilt mode? She's in hempy mix, perlite//vermiculite. When I saw the plant was distressed, I took it out of it's container, and like somebody said in an earlier post, she had 'wet feet'.

I put her in some dryer verm/perl mix, hoping to maybe blotter some of the excess water off the roots.
Anything else I can do?

starke

Is there a 'cure' for overwatering, once the plant has gone into full wilt mode? She's in hempy mix, perlite//vermiculite. When I saw the plant was distressed, I took it out of it's container, and like somebody said in an earlier post, she had 'wet feet'.

I put her in some dryer verm/perl mix, hoping to maybe blotter some of the excess water off the roots.
Anything else I can do?

I finally did away with vermiculite because of the same issues you are experiencing. Went with a mix of perlite and hydroton and have had no more wet feet issues. Even feeding daily instead of every other day the ladies remain dry enough. I know that to pure Hempy devotees this is sacrilege, but what works works.

Regarding your plant, if there is no rot in the roots she should recover quickly. The ones I had to transplant did.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Cool, hope I can save her, because she was showing a lot of promise. Thanks for the quick response!!!

p.s.- "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today.[/FONT]"

Latest posts

Latest posts