What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems in veg

Maconhista

These clones are 5 weeks old and came from a super healthy plant that is giving good fruit, but it has been 2 weeks since they started to have problems.

This soil is inert and I confess that it took me a while to make the first fertilization. The plants received a few light doses of CalMag since the beginning of the rooting, and I did the first fertilization with NPK only last week. I thought that would solve it, but apparently the problem continues. Do I need to increase my dose?

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my plants and how do I solve this problem?

Attachments

99.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180131_135800.jpg.7a1a6cac6f0eef9a5c1e5fc9bca7b5c5.jpg
    20180131_135800.jpg.7a1a6cac6f0eef9a5c1e5fc9bca7b5c5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11

Absolem

These clones are 5 weeks old and came from a super healthy plant that is giving good fruit, but it has been 2 weeks since they started to have problems.

This soil is inert and I confess that it took me a while to make the first fertilization. The plants received a few light doses of CalMag since the beginning of the rooting, and I did the first fertilization with NPK only last week. I thought that would solve it, but apparently the problem continues. Do I need to increase my dose?

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my plants and how do I solve this problem?

I would rethink your premise on your growing medium being "inert".

master kusher

I'd try slightly decreasing the dosage and see hat happens, if this continues to happen to other leaves after that and the following days, then it's more than just a nutrient issue imo.

2011rex87

Hey buddy we can help... We need more info including a runoff test for ppm and PH! You might need more fertilizer or less fertilizer and we can tell with a runoff.

Let's start by asking you to get back to us with some basic information... What is that growing media you are using? Soil or coco or peat moss with perlite or what?

Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. The plant will take it from the bottom leaves and give it to the top leaves.. If your bottom most leaves are browning and dying first.. let us know... If it's the fan leaves in the middle.. this could indicate that your "oldest growth" is showing signs first.. To me..I see your pictures and your bottom leaves are green where as the middle old fan leaves are dying. We need to rule out a problem with NPK. You need to do a run off test for us. This will tell us alot so we can help you fix your plants.

Dry down your media. You can even go so far as to wait until your plants start to droop a little from the media being so dry. Usually this takes a day or two or three but you will have to tell us more about your specific situation.

Once your media is dry... use a TDS meter to measure the PPM or EC of the water going into the media. Tap water is 200 or 300ppm maybe a little more. Reverse Osmosis water is nearly 0 ppm. Water with fertilizer added can be 1000ppm or higher.

Once we know what ppm or ec your watering solution is.. you need to slowly very slowly water it into your pots.. This will take longer than normal.. Water in an excessive amount until water comes out the bottom of the pot and then capture the water and use a meter to read the ppm or EC.

Tell us the results of the run off test and we can help you more

you shouldn't watch the older leaves to say " they've got a problem "

for me they had a problem ,but 2 or 3 weeks sooner than the moment you took the pics .

all the new leaves are healthy and with good green color .

so your problem is not there anymore .

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Lookin' like her feet is a little to wet than what she prefers to me. Also could use a bigger container. When plants get rootbound, they start exhibiting the signs I am seeing in her with the damaged leaves and the areas they are present in.

I suggest a transplant, into a good clean fresh medium such as promix HP or BX (with added perlite), make sure it drains well. Also if it were mine, as I watered her into her new container, I would give a good dose of an equal NPK feeding such as 5-5-5 or 7-7-7 with some added calmag and maybe some seaweed juice or recharge to help with the transplant and the focus on roots.

She's still fine, just get her in a new, larger pot or container with fresh soil and start her off fresh.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

you shouldn't watch the older leaves to say " they've got a problem "

for me they had a problem ,but 2 or 3 weeks sooner than the moment you took the pics .

all the new leaves are healthy and with good green color .

so your problem is not there anymore .

This is not directly true. Of course damaged or deficient leaves on the lower parts of the plants never heal, but this doesn't mean your clear of the issue yet. Some issues can manifest from top to bottom and some from bottom to top.

Always remember if the issue stems from specifically (nutrient) toxicity or deficiency, this will take you to either or both, a micro problem, or a macro problem, or both... Macro nutrients is your NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium) magnesium and calcium... Micro nutrients are things like maganese, iron, zinc, boron etc.... Usually, micro issues start at the tops of the plants while macro will usually be first noticed in the lower areas on the plant, from the bottom up.

A very good way to tell if your issues have dissipated, is to remove all of those infected and damaged leaves. Then start watching your plant for any new signs of damage or discoloring and note where you first notice the change and go from there.

I truly believe if you would do a transplant and follow my previous advice that you would appreciate me for it. :biggrin:

Absolem

Always remember if the issue stems from specifically (nutrient) toxicity or deficiency, this will take you to either or both, a micro problem, or a macro problem, or both... Macro nutrients is your NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium)... Micro nutrients are things like magnesium, maganese, iron, zinc, calcium, boron etc.... Usually, micro issues start at the tops of the plants while macro will usually be first noticed in the lower areas on the plant, from the bottom up.

. :biggrin:

Magnesium and calcium are macro nutrients.

MountainBudz

My bad... It was 4am when I posted that and I was pretty well out of it. But its edited now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Latest posts

Latest posts